The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » General

Post subject: Re: General Rant
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:42 am 

Hello all,

I've been downloading and playing mods in SP mode for years and have enjoyed most of them. I need the freedom from time issues. At any moment I may have to hit F-1 and do something else for a couple of hours. If I were playing that way in MP I'd get a lot of folks angry and I'd be upset about missing out on something special. SP works just great for me and my available game time. I love FL and enjoy playing often.
I like the idea of adding missons without having to start over. At the end of the story line Trent is asked to keep an eye out and the Order might have some new business in the future but, of course, that never happens. Sure would be cool to just keep going on and on.

I hit a bug at the end of Before FP7. I can't get the key code from the wreck and so I never get that last meeting with Lonnigan and have FP7 go up in smoke. I reloaded my FL disk and mod and played all the way to the end at least 5 times. Very frustrating!

I tried TNG 2.7.6 and was having a great time until it crashed. Juni and Trent are escaping through the Magellan jump gate and poof!!!
I tried that one three times before giving up.

I'm currently playing Phoenix 1.91 and can't get to the Tau-29 jump gate after Tobias tells us to run from the Rheinlanders. I race to the waypoint and there's nothing there. If I ignore it and cruise to the lane gate - access denied. Four times for this one so far.

I don't know anything about modding so I can't just go in and fix it. Are there patches to fix these things?

Thanks and good hunting

Lars519

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:16 am 

If you mean Phoenix 1.06, i've not encountered issues before as i didn't modify anything in SP itself. This is the first i've heard of any problem

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:06 pm 

Lars519 sounds like a corrupt save file. You need to delete all saves in your save folder then try again. That includes the Restart.fl files as well.

Profile E-mail  

The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » General