The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » General

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: An open Invitation to the Staff of TSP and TLR
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:55 pm 

I was bidding for lancersreactor.com and clearly had a forwarning when being outbid. So please dont tell me what I knew and what not. Auction did end 32 minutes after it originally should be over due to continueing bids (last thursday 11:32 UTC). I could even name the amount that the domain in the end has cost. Huor and I were going to return it to the TLR community which now doesnt seem to be possible anymore.

To find out which way a domain takes and where it goes in the end is also not hard. As result to that we obtained the TSP domain (which we since that have not used and even offered to TSP) just for the case someone really wants to use our community name and our website logo for his own purposes. We would then consider to announce to host the starport. A .com domain for a .com domain... if you use urs in your interest we will use ours in our interest. I guess thats fair then.

Last edited by SWAT_OP-R8R on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:58 pm 

'Cept we've never said we're hosting your site. We're putting the domain up so that all those dozens of backlinks don't get lost on 404 pages, but are instead redirected onto the rest of the community. There are also direct links to the archive and the old TLR downloads.

Have fun messing up with the TSP.com domain, it's unfortunate we've never really used it.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:03 pm 

that is ok 90% of the backlinks to the .com domain come from my forum and can easily be removed... I for sure can deal with the other 10% manually

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:06 pm 

When I said this I didn't really care about YOUR backlinks. It's all those random links on unrelated sites that are worth reinserting back into the community.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:19 pm 

and I have said that I will get them removed... i know the numbers, thats not much work

@anubis
sure

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:22 pm 

Good luck Op. We have better things to do rather than eliminating links to Freelancer communities.

What is this topic about again?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:39 pm 

I look forward to the future - and good luck with what you're planning Op.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well it seems A Hole New Rift opened between the time i went to bed , work , and got home

Wow ,,, Now its a Domain war

I surrender ... there are just too many issues and i dont see that ever changing

Perhaps one day When theres one or two servers left running .. everyone involved will see that all of the bickering was a complete waste of time .. instead of showing the community everyone has the best intentions ... all that may be remembered is the Domain war between TLR and the TSP.

I find that Sad

But it is what it is i guess .... it can never be said we didnt try.

If something comes up that you two can agree on and want us involved feel free to ask .. we will be here.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:35 pm 

I was going to not say anything in this, But...

OP: The reason why you have that domain is because next to no one uses it. A handful of people used it in the first year and that is it.

I did not want to pay for a domain that did not have a purpose any more, its widely recognized that the .net domain is one to go too... besides, as was said from the get go, the-starport.net had a bit of a ring too it :)

It's pretty obvious that losing the lancersreactor.com domain has hit you pretty hard, as you said "A slap in the face" But by now using the pretty much defunct tsp link as a bargaining chip, its pretty clear that you are on the premise of "If I can't have it no one can" Which is... sad. Honestly, and shows a slight scent of desperation on your part. Its more confirmed by when you say this

Quote:
I could even name the amount that the domain in the end has cost. Huor and I were going to return it to the TLR community which now doesn't seem to be possible anymore.

It amuses me to a degree, that you wish to build upon the success of a now dead website, to clarify here, I mean dead from a community point of view, this community has since spread out and moved to different websites. Saying your returning it to the TLR community is just another way of saying "mine and no one else's" You want it for yourself. We want it for ALL FREELANCERS. That includes everyone, every site, every clan, person, community and so forth, Shit, Even YOU. Take that as you will, I take it with 3 sugars and milk ;)

The be all and end all is, You should be happy that its back in the Freelancer's part of the internet. Sure, the result is not what you wanted, but as has been said, its not in the hands of some company that buys anything, from which all hope would be lost of us getting it back... Ever.

If your not happy, for the domain being kept in the FL Community, your simply showing everyone how shallow minded you are and how much you actually care for the community on the whole. In my opinion at least.

For arguments sake lets say you did acquire the domain, then what? You would simply redirect the TLR URL to the .org or move the entire contents of the .org one to the .com... That achieves... nothing.. for the aforementioned lack of actual content. Sure you would get the traffic, but traffic is nothing unless you have a means of keeping it, at this point in time, TLR.org, Does not, Work on getting that content etc.. Not to point out the obvious but to everyone outside of TLR you appear to do more moaning than you do Administration.

These are my thoughts, no one else's, I would think this even if I wasn't an Admin, So please, don't frame this as what we all think... This is what I think, and me alone.

/2 cents

*EDIT*

Soupman, Thank you for actually trying at least, I'm a firm believer of try and try again, maybe something can be reached in the future, but not now. and being honest, It will happen once either party stops. I feel.

Thank you anyway Soupman Imma go eat foodz!! :D

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:32 pm 

For the benefit of all Freelancers?
ok - id like to know if suddenly the people at lancersreactor.org suddenly are not part of the freelancer community anymore or which benefit they actually have...

next to that... lancersreactor is an active community, not a dead one

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:25 pm 

SWAT_OP-R8R wrote:
ok - id like to know if suddenly the people at lancersreactor.org suddenly are not part of the freelancer community anymore or which benefit they actually have...

next to that... lancersreactor is an active community, not a dead one

Okay... out of all I wrote.. I got that, I honestly was expecting just a liiiitle bit more lol :)

Maybe you didnt understand what I was trying too say, or I was crap at explaining it ;) No... seriously... Im shite and this sort of thing :D

When I say lancers reactor community is dead, I mean the community that was on that specific site... is dead.. Everyone on it, went to a new place. TLR.org has members from TLR.com... but so does TSP.net, FLC.net the list goes on (rather short I might add lol :D)

To say that the lancersreactor is an active community is false. Just because you label yourself as such does not make you it. Your not lancersreactor community your a new community under the moniker of lancersreactor.

Since you are the one making the statement the burden of proof lies with you, prove to me that the lancersreactor is an active community and not a dead one. The few things I have said about it in the statement above utterly destroys any notion you can muster.

SWAT_OP-R8R wrote:

I'm trying too see how you could have come to this conclusion based on what I said... As I can't see it myself I will simply label this quote as a Strawman.

But that won't stop me from replying lol :)

The folks at TLR.org are just as much of the greater Freelancer community as anyone, We are all united by the one thing of "We love Freelancer!" Why you might think otherwise lies with your perspective of Freelancer as a whole I guess :). As for any benefit, They benefit from having the TLR.com as a place to post news, Anyone can submit, Anyone can use it. It's not limited to anyone, Heck its not limited to anyone outside the Freelancer community either! Anyone can come along and post news aslong as its relevant.

I think I've explained myself enough for now :)

Balls in your court OP :)

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

For the personal attack of another staff member from a community site i have removed the last post ... while you are entitled to your opinion of Bias at any site i cant have that promoted here...

i started this thread with the hope that one small step could be taken by both sides in an effort to start to heal a long open wound... its obvious to me that its just not to be.

Not yet anyway

I thank all involved for at least taking the time to Discuss a few things perhaps one day things will be sorted but it wont be today.

This topic has reached its end .. and before it comes to blows i will close it and consider it a worthy attempt at bringing you guys together.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » General