The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » General

Post subject: Freelancer SP & Saves
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:49 am 

I was just thinking in game about this. Just how many 'saves' can single player Freelancer have? Been playing SP for a while now just to have Peace of Mind. I have many saves as is, in order to buy as many different ships as possible but, I was curious as to how many I can have? I never thought about it in the past due to just deleting other saves for not needing those ships anymore. I like flying all the VHF's and many of the freighters. I also like setting up ships with different loadouts and not having to sell/buy them for the same ship, over and over again. Just set them all up and load whichever one I want to fly.

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Last edited by HunterKiller on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Freelancer SP & Saves
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

They just go into a folder, I don't see why there would be a limit.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:20 am 

Thanks, Dwn. I really didn't think there would be but, I was just curious as to if there were any limits.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:21 am 

there is a limit and its actually not that high
ive hundreds of savegames and i noticed that i can not load old ones as they dont appear in the load game list

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good to know.

I have also heard of a problem with savegame dates being 'old' and can't be loaded.

I guess I would know more about this if I played singleplayer more than once lol.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:33 pm 

My saves, mainly are concerned with credits on them. I have so many credits then, I buy, then, I save before I buy a new ship. Once bought, I play it. When ready to get another one, I take that other ship and buy a new one straight out and I just keep using that one save to move forward with newer ships. I am just saving all the new ships for each class. Lately, I've not been losing any real credits when trading off ships like that. I worked me a system as to where my ships are worth an equal value as the ships I'm buying so my credits balance remains on each ship as it was before purchase. All equipment transfers to the new ships without having to buy more. Only change between them are the guns. I have a good assortment of weapons collected and my rep is anywhere from Neutral to Friendly with all factions but Nomads. It's working out fairly well now. I only delete the saves I no longer need. :)

I didn't know how to do it back in the earlier days. Wish I have of, I'd of had a lot more credits back then. :)

The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » General