The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » General

Post subject: Star Citizen
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:25 pm 

Star Citizen Does it fly like Freelancer or is Mouse and KB not a very good option?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Star Citizen
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:53 am 

Personally i like M & K , But i still have reservation with SC .

Player Characters -: RECON

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:33 am 

RECON wrote:
Personally i like M & K , But i still have reservation with SC .

That's what is holding me back from going in full for SC. I keep hearing that Gamepads and Joysticks are way better for it. So if he goes that route I wont be buying it. I'll have to wait for a playable demo and try it. No demo no buy for me.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was an early backer but don't yet have a computer capable of running the demo, heh. I think you will be able to use any controller, but it doesn't fly like Freelancer, the 'real' inertia makes things a bit ponderous (according to a friend who has flown it).

Post Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:08 pm 

It's actually crazy with M & KB IMHO and nothing at all like Freelancer. No strafing using the A & D keys, strictly roll-over. The actual play is nothing like his movie generated videos.

Another thing, it's not optimized for many systems, either. I can play any game on the market today but that one, anymore. Since the last update, I'm screwed. I doubt I even try updating the game, anymore. My $1200 PC's not good enough.

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:51 pm 

$50 million for another X series game what a waste.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:00 am 

I have had a good look around and there is not much that i like , But this game " Evochrons " is probably the next game I will get , It has a good Wright up and recommendation read below .

I can only wish Chris Roberts (Star Citizen) takes notes from Evochrons flight model and physics... and exploration... and the overall "I am truly there in MY spaceship and can go wherever i want" -Feeling Evochron has. Very impressive game to sink hours upon hours...

Missions are nothing to write home about and there is no Freespace space opera to be found here. But this is still one hell of a "sandbox" space sim.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:58 am 

I tried the Evochron Mercernary sim, however, I have a hard time with it.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:40 pm 

Thanks for that info HK , But what is it you have probs with .

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:11 pm 

I just have a hard time with it, is all. You may not, like with other games I have a hard time with that my other friends don't.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:53 am 

OK thanks for that HK .

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:07 am 

It's a shame and I got early access to the Alpha Testing too. It's not one bit like Freelancer to me. Also, Chris isn't thinking about those who have todays systems, his pushing for higher end gaming, the people that can afford $1k video cards of which, is more than I can afford. I paid $1200.00 for what I have now and I'm not spending 3k for any game just to be able to play it. Like I said, I can play any game out today but that one.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:19 pm 

Freelancer is a game i have been playing since it came out and i just loved it , The game just feels real to me but it has its faults , But its been going a long time and i think its time the game is updated but how that can be done i don't know , I thought " SC " would be the game to replace it but not for me .
I have tried all the Mods but i feel i am still playing the same OLD game , Its a pity cos a lot of guys have spent so much time in creating them , I wish all the guys "Moders " could get together an build a new game FREELANCER 2 the way we and them want it , A game that is open and for all to mod .
I would pay to " Crowd Fund " such a game and i am sure there are Thousands of other FL Fans that feel the same ways , No paying for a ship or upgrades no paying an Insurance policy just in case you ship gets destroyed .
We need Freelancer 2 .

IF THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO FEEL THE SAME WAY AS ME " POST HERE "

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:11 pm 

I got one of the Evochron's years ago and it isn't to Mouse and keyboard friendly so beware. He might have made it better by now but most of these space games are for the hard core joystick users.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:34 am 

As for SC, it's nothing at all like Freelancer, IMO. If you ever watch any videos that have Chris in them playing SC, he's not using a M & KB, he's using a game pad/controller of a sort. I never caught the design of it to look for it on the web. He's mapped the S & D keys for roll-over and that's bunk right there. They should be for strafing. I can find no way to drift either. I've also seen enough advertisements on new ships, starting @ $80 ea (on sale for a limited time). I want to see a finished product. With over $50 million collected for the game to date, and with all those top notch programmers in all the videos, this game should have been finished already. I also don't like the fact that the game will more or less, only be able to be played good on million dollar PC's. Like I've stated before, I got many of the new releases for this year and my system can play them just fine but, SC plays like pure garbage to me on my system. Ever time I go to my hanger, half the items in it don't work.

IMO, he needs to stop with the new ship designs and get on with the game. Add the ships once the game is finished as new products to be added to the in-game shops at ship yards and the like, not to keep tossing them in your face for an unfinished product just to see how much more money he can make. For the $50 mill he's already received in support, I'd like to see a free ship sitting in my hanger.

I expected a lot more than what I'm seeing, so far.

The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » General