The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » General

Post subject: Windows 10
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:40 pm 

Hi guys i installed Freelancer on Windows 10 is any one else having the same problem , In my case it just wont start at all , Done al the usual things but i think its just not compatable so is this the END of good old FREELANCER what a pity .
Just hope some one has a Fix :-(( .

Player Characters -: RECON

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Windows 10
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:04 pm 

Well just did some digging arround and found the the problem is with the part of the software that detects weather there is a CD in the computer , So i downloaded a file name " No CD " from Starport .
you have to copy and paste this file ,to do this go to Freelancer.exe right click on it and past it wil ask if you want to replace the original click yes ,you my be asked to download a file that is needed click yes and download after you have done that go to Freelancer.exe open it and look for Freelancer Application Icon , Right click on it and create a shortcut to the Desktop if thats where you want it .
Dont forget to set it as Administrater and make it compatable with Windows 7 or what ever lol , It works for me but i can alter the brightness in the options where it say gamma i can move the slider bar up and down but nothing happens dont know why maybe one of you guys will now ,

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Some of our guys have had success. One had it perfect on one computer, but it shows red and green on another (like 3d but not). Hopefully you both will get it worked out, then tell the rest of us that will have to upgrade some day how you did it, heh.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:23 am 

FL and hundreds if not thousands of other games are copy-protected by safedisc.
This requires you to have a specific driver installed on your PC to run those games.
However... the old driver is not digitally signatured for windows 10 (they either forgot to port that sig to win 10 or they refused to do so).
The company which invented the copy protection has abbandoned it years ago already and its unlikely that they will release a new driver and as long microsoft refused to create a working signature for the old driver under windows 10 you can take your CDs and throw them away.

Microsofts official response to this topic was "buy them again at GOG".

Alternative to that you can find a no-cd crack.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

you can find the no cd here or a quick google search will give you what you seek

http://the-starport.net/freelancer/down ... 1&lid=2649

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:07 pm 

if you have similar problems with other old games.... try to find a a no-cd version at megagames

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

whats new Op long time no see :mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:44 am 

Howdy.
Well, i check this forum each day... an old ritual ^^

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:51 am 

Thanks guys for the information .

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:08 pm 

I have FL set for Single Player with the No-CD file, and can get to the MP Server Page with an MP ID Created. (I never see a list of servers though)

I am trying to load FlyByUs's Mod which works on other vers of Windows, but I have Win 10 Pro, and when I activate his mod, I got Two Messages on the first try: OK, retry on the Install: Two Messages: Access to c:\*.*FTMv05c\dll\bin\Content.DLL was Denied
and: Error: Unable to Extract a file from mod archive "FTMv05c" File Possibly Corrupt.

I then Deactivated my AV, FW, and UAC, and went through the Install/Activation a second time. Now I just get the First Message above.
FlyByU suggets that it could be Windows Blocking the install of a given File type that is in the mod.

Any Ideas or suggestions??

Thanks. LW.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Usually access denied to a dll is because your version of that OS is a stickler for permissions. Did you install each program as admin? Not just admin account but right click and run as admin? Even mod manager etc.
This 'might' also explain for a corrupt file.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:45 pm 

DwnUndr wrote:
Usually access denied to a dll is because your version of that OS is a stickler for permissions. Did you install each program as admin? Not just admin account but right click and run as admin? Even mod manager etc.

I did install as Admin on those parts where that was an option. Several Points I do not get that offered as an option on the Right Click list..

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:59 am 

Lone-Wolf wrote:
DwnUndr wrote:

I did install as Admin on those parts where that was an option. Several Points I do not get that offered as an option on the Right Click list..

Well, at this point, I Did get the Game Running, in Admin, and I did get the FLMM to Load FlyByU's Mod, (I think, I have not been able to confirm it is playing in his mod...), but I can not get the game to Create a Multi Player User ID. I have the No-CD.EXE, in the game EXE Folder, but it will not generate the ID Code.

I have tried to use the Code Gen Key SW, but the game does not Accept the Codes when I enter them.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:53 am 

WOW! What a Fight!

Between FlyByU and my Efforts, I Finally got FL Installed, Got an MP User ID, and Got FlyByU's Mod Loaded and Working!
That trick of placing the Mod in the FLMM Mod Folder, then Unzipping it did the trick!
Thanks for other input into this effort.
Recon: Will look for you in Space.

Profile E-mail  

The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » General