The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » Welcome

Post subject: Hello
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:21 am 

Hello, I've just joined. I use to play Freelancer back in 2002 - but back then I didn't have an internet connection. Thanks to HunterKiller (if you're bored -why not try this game), I've started up again. Now with the internet and multiplayer. I would like to thank all of the Freelancer modders and gamers for helping to keep this site going and freelancer going. I was getting bored with all of the new "if it moves - shoot it" games that have been coming out recently, and I'm glad I can return to this game.

Thank you.

I'm from the United Kingdom (GMT time zone)
I am a die hard Fallout player (hence the name- DuneDrifter) and a heavy user of the mods for 3 and New Vegas (127 mods in total). I use steam under the same name, I hate pay monthly mmrpg games - I'm waiting for Elite:Dangerous and the next Fallout to be produced.

So far, I've only been using flybyU's server (and mod).
Feel free to suggest others.

If you see me out in space -say hello.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Hello
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the FLC

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is another Fallout in progress or is it year 5 of 'maybe'?

Welcome back to Freelancer :)

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:33 pm 

Hiya mate, glad to see ya here on the forums. Good people here, for sure. Cya in space soon.

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:39 pm 

Thanks guys.
Fallout 4 - as they call it - everyone asks me - here is what I know - with a best guesstimate.....2014 November

Judging by the time Bethesda announces their games and how long they took to launch Fallout3, Oblivion or Skyrim, you need to apply simple mathematics to learn when Fallout 4 is hitting the stores. Here's a bunch of facts.

Fallout 3 was announced on July 10, 2004. It came out around November 2008.

Skyrim came out in November 2011.

Bethesda likes to schedule their games' premieres to November, since it's before Christmas and parents would buy a lot of copies for their kids (sneaky ass holes).

In 2010, Bethesda announced that they are working on two projects, one was nearly finished (it turned out to be Skyrim) and the other one they have been working on since 2008.

Judging by this information, Bethesda started working on Fallout 4 in the same year they finished Fallout 3, which is logical, since they bought the license to produce more than just one Fallout game.

When is Fallout 4 coming? They've been working on it since 2008, so they had a lot of time. On the other hand, Fallout 4 wasn't announced yet, but it took Bethesda 4 years to launch Fallout 3 after they announced the game.

On the third hand, Bethesda announced Skyrim a year before its premiere.

What could be the reason for delaying the premiere? The new generation consoles, of course. Since they premiere most probably in 2013, it's safe to say that Fallout 4 is going to premiere in 2014. Most probably November 2014, because the game is going to be prepared for PC and once the new consoles hit the market, there's going to be a lot of fuss about preparing the 720 and PS4 versions.

Profile E-mail  

The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » Welcome