The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » Freelancer Downloads

Post subject: New Release - FL Clan Editor 3.002
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:13 pm 

If you want to keep all of your reps the same throughout your server, then this is the program for you. Players can have fun and kill any faction they please without it affecting their final reputation as long as they are in a clan. This program will override any rep changes caused by bribes, killing NPCs, taking missions, etc. Do not use this tool if you want the reps to vary, this is normally seen with the original factions. To properly set up your mod for this, edit all of the freelancer reps in your mod to the default value that you want them for the non-clan members. A player without a tag is completely ignored and reps can change if they are a default player (a freelancer). Players in a clan though are fully controlled reputation wise. This was done to keep them from getting bribes for enemy factions. If they want to have an adjustable rep, they should create an untagged character.

This program will scan the player name for a prefix tag such as [Fed]. Something like [Fed]U.S.S._Enterprise will place them in the 'Awaiting Validation' box. If you have 'Auto-validate' enabled, this step will be skipped and the player will be immediately added to the clan.

So if this sounds like the server program you need, then click on the link below and get the latest version, just released after nearly 2 years since the last public version...

Click here to download version 3.002

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice work! :P

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:28 am 

Good job. This will definately keep Clans from worrying about keeping thier reputation affiliation associated with thier Clan when taking on missions for thier factions. Keeping that Faction tag is hard to do on some servers.

:wink:

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks so Much for the update lancer ... this is a Great tool and i use it every day,, sometimes twice a day :D

we do all of our Rep edits by hand because the Reps play a Key part in our Mod,, But this tool has other uses as well

I find it very usefull for showing me players that have had a name change or created a new tagged acct that may need a rep edit.

no other software out there does this that i know of... and if like our server its Very important For Reps to be set asap..

this will alert you in the F-list to any Newly tagged Chars or players wearing tags that have had a name change and you can Rep edit them quickly, and you can move them into the group you want ,, you just never hit the update players button to avoid setting everyones Rep back to their starting point.

on another note::
in our Server its Very important that players not be in more than one Faction or team (multi teaming or having smurf accts as they say )

i have come up with a process using two or three programs to parse the Connect logs and extract only the information i want on each player going all the way back to our first release.. i then have a program that will Sort these large combined parsed text files.. this groups all matching accts.

if anyone tries to create a Smurf or hidden acct to join an opposing team or faction i know about it the day that char logs in .. i run this check twice a day now.

this is great for security.. if anyone is intrested in how i do this i could try and write up a Tut.. and post in the admin private section.

Soup

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:55 am 

Brilliant M8.. Thankx a zillion :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:13 am 

Id be very interested in that Soup.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:13 am 

Forgot to mention, this version clears up an overflow bug and supports up to 3000 player files. That gives you 600 users with 5 player files per account. It can't be pushed much higher due to a limit of 8 megs per program. (3000 files with 30,000 lines per files)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

In 9 weeks of the UnderVerse online we hit the 1,000 mark and the old program stopped working. Soupman had a complete meltdown, heh since we are entirely roleplay and our reps are crucial. Soupman emailed Lancer_Solurus and we had an update in 24 hours.

Can't beat that kind of service! :P

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:05 pm 

Hey why you think MU uses his autoupdater ;) well other than the fact it stops just about any cheat i have thrown at it :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:03 am 

So to understand this proggy a little better, lets say i have clan X and i want them to be red to nomads, green to freelancers but white to zoners. How do i do that, or does it just refer to the initialworld.ini to set the reps accordingly?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Way easier.. for rme to explain how we use it .. than type it out Nexus..

Got any free time this saturday ??

i can explain all ,, including my parser thingy.. on our vent if ya got 10 mins or so ...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:05 pm 

I could be on there this evening or tomorrow evening, saturday i can do but i have a party to go to so could likely come home drunk.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

LOL .. got ya

i will be around tonight for a few hours i will keep an eye on our Vent to see if your sittin there....

Profile E-mail  

The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » Freelancer Downloads