Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:44 pm 

FlyByU wrote:
Good thoughts Sev98

Will add more bots to loot. Should all NPC ships be given more?
Also need feedback on the mod and what you would like to see more of?
How are the drops should they be increased?

Sound off here and we can see what we need to change or add etc.

I am getting ready to start modding again but have not had any feed back on the last update. I take it we must have all the bugs worked out now.

For the Outer Worlds, where dieing is easier, more Batts & Botts, on ship, and in Kill Drops would be nice. Even more so from Nomads. Except for those, I think most Drops are on par.

FlyByU wrote:
How is the play is it fun or is it tedious?

Tough one to answer. Most people get bored, to some extent with constant repetition. I, personally, like to do things, and will repeat them over, and over, "If I can do them successfully." When I start hitting walls, and can go no further, I get frustrated.

I would like to be able to dance, for a period of time at least, with the Nomads before dieing.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:28 am 

it depends on what you like to do. There are some good trade runs, minining is okay too if you like that. Most NPC are at a level you can cope with if you remember to balance your upgrades. I haven't really used a cap ship so i cannot comment on them really. once you get to the border worlds you need good kit for sure.
Nomads really swarm and i think it is a real achievement now to get to any of the wrecks on your own. to get to the nomad homeworld and base wrecks is a massive challenge and a bit of luck is needed as you can be under constant attack. If you start to lose turrets and guns though that is a real pain. (possible base in omicron major, With the 2 alien j gates as a half way house (repairs only?)).
you can try for battleship groups but the fleets are hard and repairs really cost even with 15-18 mill fleet commanders. there are different challenges for all. its more about numbers now and populating the server so events can be held regularly. i would say tweaks.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:25 am 

sev98 wrote:
(possible base in omicron major, With the 2 alien j gates as a half way house (repairs only?)).

Yes, in the Barrier System, & maybe have Batts & Botts available??

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:38 pm 

I like to hunt BH in Theta but since the changes to BH weps i cant take them on , I have nomad armor and shields but as soon as i attack my shields go down with 1 os 2 hits , If i persiver my repaires are about 12 mill so it does not pay because the loot does not cover the cost , I have been doing missions in Col / NT / NY , I would like to buy an AT i think its 500 or 600 mill but it is gong to take me a long time at this rate .
The best trade run I have makes just over 6 mill, The missions dont come any where near that , It seems to be a lean time making $ Or maybe its just me i dont know

Player Characters -: RECON

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:57 am 

RECON wrote:
If i persiver my repaires are about 12 mill so it does not pay because the loot does not cover the cost ,

I know what you mean. Had one of those this am, but they are more rare for me than the profitable ones. I had 63 Mil in my Pocket, Picked up a Nomad Shield that paid 37 Mil, and a couple of guns for a few more, and the repairs were Just over what I earned, and I wound up with 62 Mil after cash out.....:-)

Drops: I am wondering if there has been a suggestion of putting Armor on NPC's that can Drop in Battle?? It could mean a free Armor Upgrade for players.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:26 pm 

NPC's have armor you just cannot see it. Reason I never included lootable Armor was because IMO when a ship blows up that armor is scrap metal floating around. Those chunks of the ship you see going in several different directions. If it was possible I would like to have made the armor as upgrades that just add to the ship over all but the Freelancer game is limited in that area that I know of. I was thinking about adding the Shield generators to the NPC ships they would be the low level ones because it would be even harder to kill them with player shield gens on them. The NPC shield regenerates at only 5 per sec. Now if I added the first 4 on the npc ships it would have a major change in the regeneration rate and if people miss more then they hit it would take even longer to kill them off. Hey I can make a special nomad shield gen if we go that route and lootable but that would be even harder nomads.

Let you all ponder what I just posted. Give me some feed back...

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:55 am 

persoanlly forget lootable armour and shield gens. it has become hard enough to beat NPC's. I amstruggling with my fighter char and still only dare xenos at the moment. even with nomad shield and guns. The swarms of npc make it really difficult. Nomads are like flies round sh*t:). especially when you jump systems. it becomes very hard to target them and achieve a kill before you are dead meat. The kills are cruicial as they alloqw bats and bots to be replaced. I havent lost thrusters and guns yet but have died lots, even in an sp char. Nomad systems are for invading armadas IMHO. the rewards for the wrecks may need increasing in value too. I am working to replace nomad guns with masters but need lots of cash for that. I cant transfer cash easily betwwen accounts as I have no multiple account fix that allows you to run more than one account at the same time.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:31 am 

sev98 wrote:
persoanlly forget lootable armour and shield gens. it has become hard enough to beat NPC's. I amstruggling with my fighter char and still only dare xenos at the moment. even with nomad shield and guns. The swarms of npc make it really difficult.

After further consideration of this idea, I guess I would have to agree. It is tough enough for most as it is without beefing up NPC's any more.

sev98 wrote:
Nomad systems are for invading armadas IMHO.

Waiting for Armadas.....

sev98 wrote:
the rewards for the wrecks may need increasing in value too.

I agree, especially that new one in the Nomad HW system. 2 Weps are not worth the effort there for most.

sev98 wrote:
I cant transfer cash easily betwwen accounts as I have no multiple account fix that allows you to run more than one account at the same time.

Would be happy to help you with this if we ever get on together again...

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:58 am 

Ok I am trying something server-side changing the difficulty. What I am doing is reducing the amount of ships that spawn and increasing the time it takes for another group to spawn in that area. It will be ready to try out by 1pm Est time. Try it out and let me know if there is a difference. Then if so if its good or bad to much or to little in the adjustments.

The changes should be noticeable in all systems. More so in Nomads space I would think.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:43 pm 

FlyByU wrote:
Ok I am trying something server-side changing the difficulty. What I am doing is reducing the amount of ships that spawn and increasing the time it takes for another group to spawn in that area. It will be ready to try out by 1pm Est time. Try it out and let me know if there is a difference. Then if so if its good or bad to much or to little in the adjustments.

The changes should be noticeable in all systems. More so in Nomads space I would think.

Thanks, will check it out this afternoon.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:40 am 

Lone-Wolf wrote:
FlyByU wrote:

I spent some time in Upper Unknown yesterday and today, I also took on Corsairs and Outcasts in Alpha in free fighting, and do find there is still Plenty of challenge, but overall, more manageable. NPC's are plenty tough for the average player IMHO....

Players with better abilities than me will probably be able to Solo Nomad Space for a while anyway. (I still can not though) I die in the second or third wave now instead of the first few seconds of the fight.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:27 am 

sorry for not being online much lately RL interfering again. Must do the school stuff. I will be on whan i have time:).

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:13 pm 

Lone-Wolf wrote:
Lone-Wolf wrote:
FlyByU wrote:

I spent some time in Upper Unknown yesterday and today, I also took on Corsairs and Outcasts in Alpha in free fighting, and do find there is still Plenty of challenge, but overall, more manageable. NPC's are plenty tough for the average player IMHO....

Players with better abilities than me will probably be able to Solo Nomad Space for a while anyway. (I still can not though) I die in the second or third wave now instead of the first few seconds of the fight.

Just some follow-up comments, I went to Theta today, and danced with the BH again. They are easier to handle as there are fewer of them with each wave, but they still knock my shield down, and whittle my armor some when they first come at me. IMHO, the NPC's are still a hand full for the average player.
(FBU, I sent you another note in an email)

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8