Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: Discussion of FlyByU's Freelancer Server & Mod
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:08 pm 

FlyByU's Freelancer Server

Discuss FlyByU's Freelancer Server, Ask Questions, Give Tips, Share Experiences, and other things about the Server and Mod.

FlyByU's Freelancer Server Home Page

Donations Received 2012
Lone Wolf
Recon
*TW*Hessian & Aphrodite

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Features in FlyByU Freelancer Server Mod v0.70
--------------------------------------------------------------------

*] 15 Power Plant Upgrade, 14 Armor Upgrades, 10 Shield Generator Upgrades, 5 scanner Upgrades, 3 Tractor Beam Upgrades.

*] 23 new Class 10 Guns/Turrets, 5 new Capship Turrets, 5 new missile pods.

*] 6 new Capship shields now sold on shipyards.

*] Tweaked weapons Color, Damage, Rate of Fire, Range, Power usage. Missile and Torpedo Turn Rate Adjusted to hit a lot more often. Code weapon Turrets have been added as well. All mines have increased speed to 160 and 180 for the seeker mines. (Mines, Missiles, Cruise Disruptor track targets like they have Magnets in the Nose now). Weapons color has been tweaked they look very nice with the Real Space feature.

*] Cruise speed 425, flight speed is now 80 for VHF's and Frighters 90 Medium-Heavy Fighters & 100 for Light Fighterrs.

*) Fast Docking

*] Ships Added to mod. Armored Transport, Liberty Cruiser, Rhineland Gunboat, Hammerhead II, Dagger II, Dragon II, Valkyrie II, Sabre II, Wolfhound II, Mule II, Rhino II, Defender II, Sobek.

*] Max Missiles, Mines is 100

*] Ships, Weapons, Missiles, Mines, CM's, and Equipment can be bought at any level or reputation. If you can land on a base you can buy whatever you like if you have the credits for it.

*] All CM's, Energy Missiles, and Energy Mine do not use Ammo. (Simply Turn Them On) or continue to Launch them with your favorite buttons of choice. Energy Mine is a very powerful mine to have on your side. Also 5 Energy missile launchers to choose from.

*] Shipyards are very important now. You can only buy Power Plant Upgrades, Scanners, Tractor Beams, Armor, Shield Generator, Thrusters, CM's etc... there.

*] NPC Freighters/Transports will drop all cargo.

*] All ships have improved handling. They all turn pretty quick now including freighters.

*] Real Space and it looks very nice.

*] Player levels go to 90. However, Player Level has nothing to do with this Mod.

*] Sight range increased you can see stations, planets, trade lanes etc... from a longer distance now.

*] Fire jump-hole effect.

*] Loot-able Nomad turret that works on all ships. Must kill a Nomad Gun Boat or Nomad Fighter to get them.

*] Regenerative Nomad Armor, (Loot-able) It regenerates so you do not have to use as many Nanobots. New is the Order Hybrid Armor similar to Nomad Armor

*] Nomad's have Loot-able Countermeasures, Scanners, Thrusters, CD's, Shields, Weapons, and Pilots.

*] 3 new shields that are like the nomad shield except you can buy these at Planet Toledo. There are 3 classes: Light Fighter, Heavy/Very heavy Fighter, & Freighter.

*] All Player Freighters the max cargo now 1200 for the Humpback & Dromedary. 1800 for the Rhino 2, and 2500 for the Armored Transport.

*] We have cap ship encounters in the mod as well, with Battleships, Cruisers, Destroyers, and Gunboats and Fighters. Factions with Cap ship Encounters are: All House Military, Nomads, and the Order. (Nomad Fleets do not have the Battleship)

*] The Navy fleets are very powerful. They also carry Navy Officers, and a Fleet Commander which is worth a lot of Credits.

*] Order weapons have been improved they are now class 7, 9, & 10

*] 2 Billion+ is the new limit for credits on Character. Players also have a bank they can use to store credits on there account. It is good for all Characters for that account and allows you to share Credits with all Characters.

*] All Military Bases now have high paying/high level missions so watch what mission you take as you may not survive.

*) 12 new Nomad wrecks in 7 Nomad Infested Systems with surprises on them, and 14 other new wrecks in the other NPC systems. You will have to find them on your own. That is a total of 26 new wrecks have been placed, and one additional Nomad* system opened up to hide the best one in. (In addition, some Vanilla Wrecks have had some Weapons or Commodities changed or increased)

*) The Nomad Home World system is open moreover, it is very populated, to put it mildly. (If you enjoy fighting Nomads, this system has got to be your target destination)

*] Beefed up all ships Armor, Bots/Bats, Cargo. All ship can use Class 10 weapons. Info cards show info for all ships.

*] Adjusted the system lighting to make it more comfortable and bring out the textures in Bases and ships.

*] All factions have loot-able pilots.

*] Added many new Jump holes.

*] Made NPC shields loot-able. These shields are not the player shields. They only regenerate at 5 point per sec so are useless to the player but can be sold (Do not make the mistake of mounting one of these just because it is a Class 10, and you have only a Class 5. You WILL be Sorry. Sell it as suggested.)

*] Lights are now brighter and look very nice with the Real Space feature.

*] NPC's now take loot. So make sure you grab it before they do or you will have to kill them to get it back.

*] MP Start: - Ship = Patriot - $10,000 Credits - Armor - Shield Generator - CM - Guns: 1xShield Buster - 3xGuns - Class 1 Shield - 20 Bots/Bats. So you will have a nice start.

*] Roll Baby Roll is now in mod. Gives the player the ability to roll and perform other complex maneuvers while in cockpit mode. Not a substitute for the current control system, Just an extension of it.

*] Open Single Player is built into this mod. Meaning you can play it in SP mode without the storyline. You start with a Startracker and $10,000 credits. You are neutral with everyone except Nomads.

*] 3 New Bases added The Osiris, Prision Station Mitchell, Juneau Shipyard

*] Planet Primus & Gammu now have Ship dealer and Commodity dealer

*The mod will use FLMM v 1.31 to activate*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**************************************************************************************************************
***Here is a list of changes and additions to the mod from v70a. Post here if there is a bug/error you have found that needs fixed.***
***************************************************************************************************************

*Modify Gunboat turrets to Capship spec's - Type 1 Turret: hull damage = 840 energy damage = 626 power usage = 120 8.33 shot per sec Type 2 Turret: hull damage = 1750 energy damage = 1304 power usage = 250 4 shot per sec.

*Added more Bots/Batts to Armored Transport 400, Gunship 700, and Liberty Cruiser 1500.

*Reduced numbers of NPC ship's amount & time before re-spawns as it is now on server

*Aborting Missions has higher rep hit with faction you abort mission with. This has been in effect for some time with the Order and Military it now applies to all factions that give missions.

*Mission Success has a slightly higher rep increase by + 2 points or more for some factions.

*Added the proper amount of hull to the Wolfhound II it showed as 20,000 but I had only the amount of the Wolfhound on it. So expect the Wolfhound II top be a little tougher enemy when you meet him again. Also those that have the Wolfhound II will and should notice a huge difference in its protection.

*Several ships has been upgraded with more hull points, cargo space, and bots/bats. Look at the ship list I have posted to see the difference if any to the ships. Not all ships have been changed but many have.

*Change Ship System Speed VHF and Freighter 80 the normal on server now. HF & MF 90, LF 100. NPC's are also affected by this change as well.

*Added the Osiris Battleship as a base in Omicron Minor. It Sales Equipment, Commodities, and a New Order VHF you will have to get up there to check it out. Having the new base in Omicron Minor coupled with the reduced amount of NPC's will make a difference in the amount of time taken to explore and map all systems. If you are in the hunt for the fastest explorer award you might want to make a new character and start remapping again so you can take advantage of all the changes.

*Added the new requested guns for Trojan Warriors Clan to Malta They are called Trojan Warrior Gun and Turret and listed as code weapons.

*Added Masters to Monkey planet they are now listed as Code Weapons and are around the same performance as well. Per player and user request.

*Changed the start of the mod in open single player to normal Freelancer reputation and 10,000 credits as I see that 99% of the people that play the mod are only using it in Single Player and the neutral rep and 1.9 billion start money probably just ruins the full experience they can have with the mod.

*Modify Cruiser turrets to Capship spec's - Type 1 Turret: hull damage = 1080 energy damage = 906 power usage = 154 8.33 shot per sec

*Make shields for Capships only - The new Capship shields are Graviton based and start at a capacity of 112,000 and a recharge rate of 2100 up to 560000 and 10500. There are 6 new capship shields that can be used. MK1 you get with ship the MK2 - MK6 are available on the shipyards and Planet Malta. I tested against Falcons and didn't take any damage. However, the Nomads done a plethora of damage. Thus the larger capacity. These shields will not fit on any other ship nor will any other shields fit on the Capships.

*Modify Capships to use Capship shields only.

*Modify all ships so they are unable able to accept Capship Shields.

*Added Juneau Shipyard to Alaska. It now exclusively sales the Defender 2 and the Liberty Cruiser.

*Prison Station Mitchell in Alaska is now useable. Added Rooms, populated it so its no longer black when you land there.

*Prison Station Mitchell and Juneau Shipyard both have missions as do most of the NPC's in the bar.

*Prison Station Mitchell and Juneau Shipyard both have commodities dealers and equipment dealers now.

*Added 2 new wrecks.

*Changed the Gunboat hull to 60,000 and the Cruiser hull to 120,000. With the best armor on it will be as hard to destroy as those in the fleets you fight.

*Add CM's to player Gunboat & Cruiser.

*Add Commodities and Ships to Planet Primus and Planet Gammu.

*Add an Outcast Shipyard to Omicron Alpha.

*5 new commodity added that should bring about true long haul trade runs. WE can adjust this as we get player feedback in the future. I think you will like this once you discover it. I'll give you a hint its found on 5 different shipyards throughout Sirius.

*Add Yellow Enemy Target Reticle

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:29 am 

good to see the server up and running again. see you all online soon i hope.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:16 pm 

i have always wondered why the planets are so small in scale? I have seen one mod that tried to address this but they forgot to re-route trade lanes as they went into and through planets. Hehehe. planet diving at interstellar speeds.

P.S. Busy with school work for a while willgt back as soon as i can.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:17 am 

sev98 wrote:
i have always wondered why the planets are so small in scale? I have seen one mod that tried to address this but they forgot to re-route trade lanes as they went into and through planets. Hehehe. planet diving at interstellar speeds.

P.S. Busy with school work for a while willgt back as soon as i can.

Play when you can your always welcome.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:10 am 

The Home page is back up with the proper links in it. to view the homepage go here Welcome to home page of FlyByU's Freelancer Server

This link has Server Rules | Contact Info | Server Forum | | Player Stats | All links have been updated. except for the global rankings which I plan on doing soon to direct you to Freelancer Communities global stats page.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:56 am 

I gotta say, this looks interesting! :)

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:54 am 

I've not lost connection to that page since whenever. It's always been up for me.

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:31 am 

no server tonight :-(

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:10 am 

garrydal wrote:
no server tonight :-(

It up. Been up for several weeks now. No Power Outages lately so all is working OK.

I just checked and Comcast changed my IP address the new one is 24.14.77.9 I have updated the IP address thread.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:19 am 

Hate for a forum to go to long without any comments. Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. I did :D)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Me as well. Stuffed :)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:47 am 

Seqan wrote:
I gotta say, this looks interesting! :)

It is and a lot of fun too. Takes a bit to get going but, once you do, it's great. :P

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:14 pm 

I think i have a corrupted installation need to reinstall everything. dam. cant seem to get flmm working properly.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:54 pm 

Quote:
reinstall everything

8) :wink:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:14 am 

Just checking in to keep this forum live at least for January. Any updates?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next