Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: Re: Discussion of FlyByU's Freelancer Server & Mod
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:17 am 

Notice: We are to have our power down for some repairs tomorrow I am not sure what time they will be here or when it will be done as they didn't give a time.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:56 am 

Thanks for the heads up. When you are able to get the Player Up-Dates done, please send the webpage.html file my way.

The clock stops tomorrow at noon if it can.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:16 pm 

Hi guys the server rebooted at 2:00 pm EST and went down about 3 minutes later. Just a FYI.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:36 pm 

**Paladin** wrote:
Hi guys the server rebooted at 2:00 pm EST and went down about 3 minutes later. Just a FYI.

Unfortunately I am having problems with the server machine. I have been fighting with it for a month or better now. I believe the MoBo is getting ready to die.

If it does die I think this will be the last of me running a server and I want to know if any of you want to run a version of this mod or take it and run with it make it the way you want to and run your own server? If so let me know I am not sure how long this machine is going to last.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Discussion of FlyByU's Freelancer Server & Mod
 Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:25 am 

FlyByU wrote:
**Paladin** wrote:

Unfortunately I am having problems with the server machine. I have been fighting with it for a month or better now. I believe the MoBo is getting ready to die.

If it does die I think this will be the last of me running a server and I want to know if any of you want to run a version of this mod or take it and run with it make it the way you want to and run your own server? If so let me know I am not sure how long this machine is going to last.

:( Gosh, FBU, I'm sorry to hear of your hardware problem. When I rebuilt mine from scratch I priced a server instead of a PC and the servers are real expensive. Wish I could afford a server though but am satisfied with what I wound up with. The dynamic of MP will be lost when your server goes but will live on in OSP and SP in this mod as well as FL Advanced & Big Daddy. Sure thank you for your service up to now and the time we have left. Your server will be missed! :( :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:48 am 

FlyByU wrote:
**Paladin** wrote:

Sure I would. I have been working on my WorkStation/Server lately. I'm also re-opening my NoIP account. I'm ordering more RAM for it as well. However, I hope yours doesn't fail after all the time you put into it to bring the server back up.

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:20 pm 

Is the server offline?

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:14 pm 

Must be, Teamviewer does not connect at 8:13 pm either.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:04 am 

Well guys it finally went out I have worked with it over 8 hours now and have given up. Mobo has finally went out for good. I am sorry about this as much as anyone. If anyone would like to run the mod on their server I would be glad to give them the server version of the mod or make available a version of the mod they like so they can run it as well. Just send me a PM or Email and I will do my best to make sure you have it.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:00 am 

NP, FBU, it was fun while it lasted. The problem I had with mine a year or so back, was power and in the process, the dude that fixed it, took 5-1GB RAM sticks out of it before returning it back, leaving me with only 3GB left. That's too slow for what I need. I never realized it until just a few months ago when doing a total clean up of it and that's when I saw all the empty RAM slots. Now, that dude has changed locations and I have no idea where he is so, that leaves me with the expense of buying more RAM but, I can do that, two sticks at a time. Can't afford them all at once but, I do want to see if I can at least get one set up again. As for the server itself, it runs just fine, otherwise. I've updated everything that needed it so, all should be good to go as is and even better once I replace all the RAM it once had.

I ask one thing, would it be possible, for me, to have the Falcon for the starter ship? A decent load-out with everything but, the Shield Regen and Armor. It's a fair enough ship for doing missions in the Liberty Systems to start out with. Maybe, class 4 weapons added to it? I also have a program that LS created for me to keep new players from creating ships, just to transfer equipment and deleting the old in order to milk ships for credits. The only way those ships can be deleted is by, The Server Op.

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:22 am 

Thanks for all the good times Flybyu. I have as always enjoyed my time on your mod. Looking forward to see if some one can pick it up.

garrydal/emem

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:54 am 

Yep same here FlyByU its been a blast i have enjoyed all your mods and i am going to miss them .

Player Characters -: RECON

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:20 am 

Tanks you guys it was fun and I enjoyed running it. I will be uploading the Client Admin and Server version all zipped up in on zip folder if you would like to run the server I'll send you a link just PM me.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:46 am 

Hello everyone, sorry to hear about your server loss FlyByU. Thank you for the wonderful mod, and the great times. Without your mod, I wouldn't had met you and a plethera of fantastic pilots, pirates, smugglers, hero's 'n' helpers.

Thank you for all the fun times everyone, yes I mean everyone. I may have had a teeny tiny existence on FlyByU's server, but in that short time, I've have met some fantastic people, and had some great times.

The future? I'm on google+ if you guys want to stay intouch. I will be playing Elite Dangerous, when it finally comes out (and providing I can afford it).

I'll be taking a short break for now, health not so good. See you in the trading lanes :D
If you do see Dune Drifter about say hi

In the mean time, thanks, keep smiling and have fun.

Mark Page aka Dune Drifter.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:25 pm 

I'll see ya around, here and there, my friend. Hope all gets better with you as well? Keep me informed. I just checked out ED, looks good and of it's got Chris's approval then, it may be worth looking into as well. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next