Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daggits neural net log
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:22 am 

Daggit wrote:
.....I still have plenty of dragons to fight when I go through Kusari but now that I'm well equiped they are easy to take out. Some of them even have the good sense to run from me. .....

Is feels Great, as a Trader, when your ship gets to the point that NPC's start saying: "I'm not engaging, it would be Suicide!"

Then you see all of that Red going the other way! :D

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:48 pm 

A few weeks ago I bought another light fighter so I could do light missions and keep my fighting skill up. I made sure I stayed friendly with the junkers by paying bribes and taking on accaisional jobs for them. It's kind of dicey trying to keep the BH from going balistic on you when you do that.
Any way I traded in my Patriot for a dagger which worked out pretty good since it has a decent powerplant and better armor. I figured with Colonel Zane snooping around my transport all the itm I'd better have a getaway ship in case I nedd to lay low.
Today I traded in my Dagger for a new version that was develped to replace it. It cost me nearly 60 mill but man was it worth it! It comes with a class7 graviton shield and a BWE6 powerplant that can fire class 7 weapons with no drain. Well at least it does if you only put two class 7 weapons on it. I also have a usiel laser and a pyros turret. And just in case I run into some heavyweights I have a sweeper missile to take down their shield.
I did a few jobs in texas to try it out. It performed better than expected. I had to take out some hammerheads for the junkers. I was real glad to have that sweeper missile. It took about four hits to get the shield down in that rig. Then I hammered away at him with my guns untill he was dead and went on to the next one. I have to say there's nothing light about this light fighter! I could get by in some tough situatons with a ship like this.

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:07 pm 

try out the energy missiles. They can be real cool.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:30 pm 

I've been hanging out at Rochester and beumont to kep a low profile and mange my reputation. I'm walking a fine line with the bounty hunters to keep the rouges off my back. But once I get in good wtih the rogues I can take a few jobs against them. I did a few in california liek the ones I did in my barracuda. The pay is good 500 to 600 K. So it's worth it if they go balistic on me now and then. Besides I really need a little excitement now and then. It certainly is exciting watching all those heavy fighters flying around in circles and dropping those mines to keep me off their tails. They are still hitting more of the mines than I am. I used an energy missile just like I did with my barracuda. Could'nt have done the job wothout a missile. Too many targets to shoot at one time to go guns only. The missile lets me shoot two targets at a time,and that's a real survival technique I depend on.
Any way after I went back to Rochester and repaired my rep with the rogues I headed back to willard and payed the credits for a second enrgy missile. Like before the enegy drain is substantial but managable. Of course I can always upgrade my little ship later, but right now I'm thinking of getting a better shield generator. Something to give more power to my calss 7 shield. :)

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:46 am 

I sold my barracuda and scraped up enough money to buy a MK-6 shield generator for my dagger II. Then I took one of those High end jobs against the rogues to try it out. There was a noticable increase in my shield power. In fact the only time it went down substantially was when I hit a mine. I flew through the sea of lasers without a care in the world. And when my shield did go down a bit it regenerated pretty fast. I can only imagine what it would be like if I had been able to buy the MK-7 shield generator. That's definately sdometihng I want to save up for!

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:40 am 

as you work up the scale they hit harder dont forget the armour bud. against more powerful foes it is that that saves your bacon:). good posts about your progress.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:39 pm 

I enjoy the crazy little skits that are created! keep them coming daggit! :D

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:57 pm 

It's been kind of quiet lately. My elite dagger was too powerful to provide me with much excitement in the liberty system so I head to New Tokyo to help out wiht the hogosha problem. The IC pays me fairly well some times. They don't seem all that tough even though they have those class 8 plazma weapons on their CSVs. Altough I do worry a little when their are a dozen of them trying blow me out of space. I'm saving up to buy a Mk-5 power plant. I should be able to use a couple of class 10 weapons with that one. I'll know for sure after I earn another 20 million.
Any way I bought another patriot to play around wiht in New York. It's kinf of fun hanging around there and blowing liberty rogues up. I did over 50 missions and scraped up enough credits for a shield generator. After wards I was able to earn the credits for a class 2 shield. you can do pretty good in New York with a class 2 shield. Still, that ship is way under powered for taking on high paying jobs. So I'm going to save up for a Defender heavy fighter. I figure it'll have a better power plant than what I have now. I've always found the defender a little under powered for a heavy fighter, but with the power plant upgrades available I might be able to turn one into a formidable fighting machine.
I've ben keeping my freighter out in the sigma systems where Colonel Zane won't be tempted to snoop around. I guess I should've know better than to get involved with the LSF. :?

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:00 am 

I managed to get my hands on some class 10 lasers. I found them on a wreck in omicron gamma. I put up the credits for a new powerplant on my Elite dagger and mounted the reaver lasers. After that I went back to california to try them out. Man were they good. With only two of them on my ship I was able to rip a wolfhound up in no time! They didn't stand a chance. Of course I still need a better shield to take on those sabres. Those ships come at you with some serious firepower. I imagine with a couple of hundred million I could fix this little ship up and bring it to those outcasts. :)

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:02 am 

I made another artifact run to manhaten today. I had a close call with the liberty police. When I came out of the tradelane there were ships docking. I didn't wait around though. I went straight up. Then I got scanned by a police officer who imediatly demanded my cargo. Before she could take action against me she was tied up with fighting liberty rogues. I was well out of scanner range by the time they had finnished fighting. So after that I just turned around and made a speed dock with the planet.
The money came in handy cause I used some of to to buy some armor for my elite dagger. I was only able to afford class 2 armor but it gives me 50% more armor.
Later I plan to take my chances in the edge worlds. There must be some good loot laying around those remote locations. The problem is there will be some hostile alien entities too. I hope my little ship is up to the challenge.

Last edited by Daggit on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:22 pm 

I made it out to omicron gamma, and sure enough there wer hostile alien entities there. They were patroling around a large green cloud there. I managed to kill a couple of them but I would have been toast if it hadn't been for the bounty hunters and corsairs.
Later I made my way to New tokyo and killed a lot of hogosha. That made the corsairs angry with me because they do buisness with the hogosha on the luxury liner hawaii. So I decided to kil some bounty hunters to apease them. It worked pretty well because I made more than million credtis in one day doing that.

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:28 pm 

I'm still killing bounty hunters. In fact I pretty much have to now. They hate me almost as much as the nomads.
While I was in honshu I bought an advanced deep scanner. It was costly but I figured if I was going to be hunting I should have the equipment to do it with. After a day of hunting hunters. I made my way to omicron alpha. I bought class 10 shield there. It's a positron shield and doesn't give adequate enough protection from bounty hunter lasers, but I manged take them on with help from the pirates in that system. Still I didn't want to hang around there for too long and wait to be executed on the spot. When I got back to Honshu I only had about 5 million left on my account. So I went to New Berlin to hunt there. It paid off since I made a few million there. Still it's a lot of work killing all those ships to get the bountys and loot.

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:05 pm 

I haven't done any trading for a while now. It really is boring. When you can be out there taking down hostile bounty hunters there's never a dull moment. There were many barracudas in the dresden system and the occaisional hammerhead. I would have had a hard time with the hammerheads if I didn't have those energy missiles. They seem to have pretty good shields and my krakens don't take them down fast enough. They're probably using molecular shields. I never seem to have the time to scan them when there are a dozen of them shooting at me. Still maybe one will drop a shield some time and I can see what they are using.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:13 pm 

Daggit wrote:
Still maybe one will drop a shield some time and I can see what they are using.

If they ever do, don't make the mistake of selling yours and mounting theirs..... :o You will be sadly surprised :o

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:31 pm 

I teamed up with another freelancer in the omicron sytems and were really tearing up the BH. Sometimes they just seem to keep coming and coming at us but we mange to stay alive every time.
Sometimes it feels like all I'm doing is drawing their fire but my partner takes them out quickly and I manage kill a few my self. It's, paid off well because I've got few good upgrades for my elite dagger. I'm using class 10 weapons now and have the power to fire them for about 8 seconds before I run out of juice. My armour is class 7 so I dont' get as much damage when the shield goes down, which happens freequently when there are more than a dozen hammerheads shooting at you.
I'm still not through upgrading my little ship though. I'll need better armor and a little more pwoer before I go into the nomad territory. The few incounters I've had with them have taught me that they are not to be taken lightly. I did pick up a class 10 molecular shield from a BH. It had more capacity than my positron shiled for some reason. Maybe it's because I'm using a light fighter shield. Any way now that I'm fireing two guuns and a turret I can take that shield down fairly fast. I like it whgen their shield goes down because they go defensive and try to get away. That's when I have them where it counts. :wink:

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next