Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Daggits neural net log
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:27 pm 

I've finnaly got the mod loaded up and logged in to the global server. I was amzed at the scenery in the New york system. My ship is just a patriot light fighter. Not very expesive of course. but the Liberty Police use it so it must be ok.
I tried some easy missions to see how well my ship performed. It did allright for me. Though I was glad that the local pirates weren't all that well armed. Ther seem to be so many of them around. You'd think that half the population of liberty were pirates! Any way my ship held up to the challenge. The power level seems a bit low for the weapons I'd like to use. but that is sometihng I will take care of in time. All I need is 9 million 6 hundred thousand to get the upgrade. Well, that's gonna take some time.

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Daggits neural net log
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:35 pm 

It's taken me a while, but I've saved up enough for a new ship! 6 million credits! That'll buy me a piranha bounty hunter ship. I made my way to Manchester. When I got to the jumpgate on the other side of Magellan I got attacked by a bunch of Outcasts! I had to use a few shiled bats, and a coupls of nanos. But I managed to take them out! Once I got to Sheffield I bought the ship. It came with a class 4 shield, and a better power plant! When I went back torough the jumpgate I got attacked again buy Outcasts. This time they didn't stand a chance!

Last edited by Daggit on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:44 pm 

My new ship is working out pretty well for me. I manged to earn a few million more with it. I went to Willard research staton and laid down the credits for a class 5 energy missile. I also bought a couple of Magma hammers. I launched form willard to try them out. Fortunatly there are always plenty of Liberty Rogues around to try your weapons on! They worked great! I used my energy missiles to take down their shields. four or five hits usually does the job. Then I balsted them to dust with my powerful plasma weapons. I also manged to get a MK2 shield generator. I no longer feel very threatend by the rouges in lberty. Better not get too complacent though! I might alays run up against a more formadible enemy. Any way the energy missiles take a lot of my energy reserves when I fire them so now I'm going to have to earn some more money for a power plant upgrade. I think I should have bought that before I bought the new ship. Still it was a good decision since I can earn more money wtih this ship!

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:38 pm 

I took a hard mision in Magellan. It paid 100 thousand. It was kind of hard at first. When I got to the waypoint I was met by two Stilettos. I focused on the lead ship. hitting him with energy misslies til his shield went down. I got hammered by the other one and I had to use bats and bots. But I held it together and thook out the leader. Then a bunch of moe Outcastss showed up. They were not as well armed as the first two. They hammered away at me while I disacthed the other stiletto. The noise on my shield was deafening! But my shield held up. Finnaly the big guys were both dead, and I was able to dispatch the others without too much trouble. I'm gald I bought this ship now. I really can earn more money with this rig!

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:50 pm 

Great read Daggit keep them coming I enjoyed it. :D

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:09 pm 

And, Thus the Steps are taken on FlyByU's Server...

One at a time, and steady.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:47 am 

Finnaly after more than 40 hours of harowing combat and looting pirate traders I managed to buy the Zealot power plant Mk1. It cost me everyting but it was worth it! My energy misiles use hardly any power reserves. By the time it's ready to fire I've got full power again. And my 3 plazma cannons use minimal rserves. I can fire the misiles continually if I have to. And I can switch between the cannons and missiles and keep on fireing till the job is done. I realy like having enough power. Because when you have a dozen ships to blow up you don't want it to take all day! Maybe when I earn some more credits I'll try some higher class weapons.

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:52 pm 

I decided to try my luck in brtitonia. It was worth the trip. There's good earning ptotential there. but the pirates were tougher than the ones in liberty. Especially the Corsairs! I Had to take on some centurians. Man were they tough. I almost bought it a few times! Anyway I managed to earn enough for a new shield generatior. A Mk-3. it helped a lot. So I earned another milion after that and headed back to Willard research station. I laid down some serious credits for another energy missile.
I decided to try my weapons on a level 34 mission. Wow was that rough. Those wolfhounds were way better equiped than the ones in britonia. And better armored too. It took a lot of hits to take each one out. Lucky I had kelp on the first one. They were droping tadpoles on me. I almost bought it a coupple of times. Only my nanos and batterys saved me. It paid well though. Almost half a mill! :). The twin missiles used a lot of energy. But I found I could manage my energy by timing my shots better. All in all I did about three misions like that. Maybe tommorow I'll go back to britonia and give those corsairs some payback!

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:42 am 

I went back to Britonia as planned. But I took the long away there passing through Kusari and the borderwolrds of the Tau sytems. Everything was good untill I got to Tau 19. I was nearly killed by Outcast twice. I didn't have time to scan them so I don't know what kind of weapons they are using there. Must be some good ones! Any way I managed to stay alive and even killied most of the pirates. Those twin missiles helped a lot. Their shields went down fairly quick. After that they go defensive and try to keep away form you. Evidently they don't like to take too many chances. Even tough my missiles draw a lot power from my reserves it's still gets the job done. And there's something enjoyable about watching two missiles fly in formation to their target! The drop in my enemys shield is quite satifying when those missiles hit em.
Onec I got to Britonia I made those Corsairs pay for all the trouble they gave me. Yeah they know I'm a force to be reckoned with now. Now if I could just learn to avoid those tadpole mines!

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:37 pm 

I got tired of New London pretty quick. It rains every day there and I missed the sunny skies of Manhatten. So I went Cambridge. The weather is great there. And it's not all crowded like manhatten. You can sit outside and relax while watching the orange sunset. The jobs pay well there too. I took one for a hundred grand. It was in the grasemere cloud. Naturallty I had to take on some centurians again. They went down fairly easy this time. Though I did get hit by a few mines. :( Any way after the mission I saw something on my scanner. It was a transport wreck. The Henry Jones. I put a round into it and a ton of gold spilled out of it's bay along with some high end weapns worth millions. I got around nine million credits for the loot. So After that I headed back to south hampton shipyard to buy a heavy thruster. I'd been having trouble with my thruster running out of power while trying to avoid being blasted by heavy weapons. That shuold improve my chances of survival in heavy combat situations.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:24 pm 

I took an easy mission here in Cambridge. Well, I thought it would be easy. A simple assination job. Good thing they warned me about the weapon platform. I manged to keep my distance from it and take out the main target. But then I ended up with about a dozen legeonairs on my tail. It's a good thing I had that heavy thruster! I managed to dodge most of the shots. Though my shield went down a few times. Probably due to mines! Any way I cleaned out the remaing pirates and even took out the weapon platform with my plazma cannons! Those weapons have good range and you can do a lot with them. :)

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:14 pm 

After that last mission with the wepons platform I got a little confident, and took on a mission to destroy some platforms. At first it looked like it was going to be a walk in the park because when I got to the waypoint backup had arrived. Before I could take down the first platform back up was gone! I had to take out some of the corsairs before I could deal with the platforms. Then I had to finnish off the rest of the Corsairs who had become more numerous by then. Nedless to say I managed to get the job done. Those equipment upgrades made it possible! :)

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:45 pm 

I went into Mancester to try my luck there. There's good earning potntial in that system for a pilot like me. I checked with the ship dealer to price a barrcuda. 21,580,000! that's going to take a lot of work on my part to earn those credits. So I've been taking the harder missions. I took a job against Lane Haclers. They're supposed to be the smarter group of pirates in Sirius. I don't know about smart but they sure were vicious. Theya kept flying around in circles dropping mines as fast as they could. I had my hands full just trying to shoot the mines and avoid being blown up! Some of their own ships were running into the mines. I saw a couple of them go down whithout me having to shoot them. I hit a few of the mines myself and took some damage, but my quick reflexes saved me. When it was over I took out about six stilettos and six daggers. Of course I did have backup and they acctually showed up this time. One Bounty Hunter came to help me out. He must've been one of the brave ones! :wink:

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:01 pm 

A couple of months ago I was approached by suit on Sheffield station. You don't see many suits on a bounty hunter station so when he offerd to buy me a drink I agreed. Turns out he was was a deep undercover agent for the LSF. He offered me job in New york. He said they needed someone to infiltrate the pirate rings in New yotk and find out how the cardaimne and artifacts were getting in. I figure I could use some steady work so I agreed. He told me to take the transprt to Manhatten and hook up with an agent there nemed Zane. I told him I aleady had a ship, but he said I wouldn't be able to use my ship because the pirates would know who I was if I did.
After two days I made it to Manhatten. I met up with Zane on the landing platform. She had a rather prickly demeanor and an arogant way of talking down to you. Any way she told me to go to the equipment dealer and pick up my ship. I was dissapointed to say the least when I saw what she had for me. It turned out tb be a patriot! And it wasn't even well armed. "How am I gonna fool the pirates with that ship?" I asked her. "Don't worry." She said. Thay'll think your a cop on the take!" she told me to head for Rochester a Junker base. Zane warned it would be dangerous, and she said not to kill any rogues no matter what!

Last edited by Daggit on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:19 pm 

Dangerous was an understatement! There were more pirate around that base than you could count. Zane told me if I killed enough Xenos the other pirates would eventually leave me alone. I did my best to scan the ships around me while trying to doge missiles and lasers. The rogues were definately hauling Artifacts and cardamine to the base. I also noticed that the Junkers were taking the goods out. Zane was please to get my report , but she said she need to know more and I'd have to get closer to the pirates to get the info. I spent a few days killing every Xeno I could. I learned to scan them first and see if they had cargo. They were hauling all kinds of goods from oxigen to luxury foods and alien organizms. None of the Xenos were carrying cardamine or artifacs though. There were so many of them trying to kill me I had to reevaluate my earlier estiimate of the criminal population in liberty. It's obciusly way higher than I originally thought. Anyway after a while the rogues stoped shooting me on sight. That greatly improved my survival odds! A few times when there were more Xenos than I could handle they came to my aid! The bounty hunters were helpful too but some of them wante me to drop my prisoners. There's no way I'm giving up hard earned credits to a bounty hunter! I managed to get away without a fight , but I don't know how long I can keep that up. Those hunters are way better equiped than I am. First chance I get I'll be looking to buy a new ship. Zane said it would be good if I bought a pirate fighter. She also said I could keep what I buy. I checked out the price on dageer. it was kind of steep for the pay that Zane was giving me.

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next