Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daggits neural net log
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:31 pm 

I decided to try hauling goods to the various pirate bases in liberty. It wasn't easy geting info from the pirates. Most of them refused to tell me their names. But I found a Junker base in Texas, and a couple of Rogue baes in Californis and Cortez. I found out I could make a good profit on side arms at Montezuma in Cortez. I brought back cardamine for a good profit here in New York. I had pay a few credits for a rep hack. That kept the rogues from wanting to take my goods. Otherwise it might have been a short career for me.

After months of killing Xenos and hauling contraband I finnaly manged to scrape up enough credits for a better ship. How much better is debateable. I couldn't aford the Dagger so I settled for a Bloodhound. At least it had a better power plant than my patriot, and a better shield. I was able to mount better weapons which I deperately needed. Plus I figured the extra cargo space would make cargo running more profitable.

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:26 pm 

After weeks of running contraband I finnaly decided to buy a freighter. I had to sell my fighter shield to but it, buy now I can make more money runnig cardamine.
I made my way to Gallileo where I found two pirate bases that sell artifacts. Colonel Zane informed me that they already knew about those bases and that they were dealing in artifacts as well. She said she wouldn't pay me for information that they already had. Zane suggested I go into Kusari and see if ther is a connection with the Hogosha. Unfortuntely when I got to kusari I discovered that the Hogosha won't tolereate my presence there. I was atackd by the first one I met. I also was attacked by some pirates called the Farmers alliance. Any way there's no way I can infiltrate the artifact buisness if they are involved. I manged to scan some Hogosha neaer New Tokyo but their bays appeared to be empty.
Kusari started geting dangerous with all those well equiped pirates trying to blow me to space dust. So I spent my hard earned credits for a better shield. It was worth it since I seldom take any damage now. Still, I need to make a lot more money. I found out that side arms fetch a real good price in kusari, and engine compnents are cheap! So I might just be able to make some real credits trading between Kusari an liberty. As for infiltrating the Hogosha that is doubtfull at this time.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:56 am 

I made some progress that might get me paid by Colonel Zane. I was selling luxury goods in New Tokto today and I ran into a Samura representative. He said for a small fee he could hook me up with the Farmers Alliance. He warned me that it would make Synth Fodds dislike me some, but I took the chance any way. It seems that now the Hogosha don't hate me like they did before. So when I have the time I might try to find their hideout. They have to have a base soemwhere if they're running artifacts. Of course I'll sill have other pirates to worry about since both the Blood Dragons and the Colden Chrysanthemums want me dead now!
Fortunately I was able to borrow some credits from the bank and buy a kusari freighter. It's got more power for weapons, and a better shield. On my way back from kusari I ran into a group of Blood Dragons and I was able to dispatch them pretty easyly. I just might be able to survive the hunt for the Hogosha base.

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:53 am 

Well I did manage to find the base of the Hogsha, and they're definalty selling artifacts at a premium price. In fact I'm going to make a run to manhatten to see what kind of profit I can make. I'm pretty sure I can make a five grand for each crate! I doubt that I could've made the trip in that rhino. Not without spending alot of credits on upgrades any way. I was able to find a jumphole that should take me to Shikoku. So maybe I can avoid the police and navy patrols to get back to manhatten. It'll be dicey because I'll be attacked by many piraites along the way. But once I get to gallileo I should be alright since the rogues and lane hackers don't usually attack me there.

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:32 pm 

I decided to take a break from smuggling, and took a transport back to Manchester. Since I'd earned so much money trading I decided to buy a Barracuda. Unfortunately I forgot to unmount my CM droper and it was traded in with my old ship. That's an expensive lession I hope I never have to learn again. :( I bet the ship dealer was happy. Any way I'm logging this in for future reference.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:37 pm 

While I was here in New London I decided to try my luck against some wepons platforms. I took them out prety easy wtih my new ship. I also dicovered that when you blow up platforms they drop deep scanners which are worth about 450 grand. So there was an added pay for that job.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:18 am 

I went back to the Hawaii after visiting the Hogsha in New Toyo. I paid a small bribe to get on good terms with them there. Once I got to the Hawaii I met up with a Hogosha rep there. I managed to learn a lot about their dealings wiht the Corsairs. It seems they are getting their artifacts directly from the corsairs. Maybe when I tell Colonel Zane what I've learned she'll pay me at last. She'll probably expect me to infiltrate the corsairs next! Those pirates are pretty viscious and I've been having to fight them off every time I go to Hawaii. But if I've learned anything about Colonel Zane it's that she'll expect the impossible!

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:41 pm 

I told Colonel Zane about my findings on the Hawaii. Her demeanor became a lot less prickly, and she seemed pleased with my results. She even paid me. Half a million! I didn't know the LSF was so generous. Any way just like I thught she suggested I infiltrate the corsairs. I explained to her that I was being attacked by these pirates all the time. Suddendly she beacme her usual prickly self. "You have no idea howmuch the LSF needs this information!" She told me in a rahter unpleasant tone. She suggested I find my way to a junker base in sigma 13. Yanagi she said ti was called. She said that rhineland connections indicated that many corsairs were going to that base.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:52 pm 

I made my way to Yanagi like Zane suggested. It was a dangerous trip to say the least. Several times I had to dodge a dozen well armed Corsairs! I brought artifacts with me from Hawaii. This was made easy by a jumphole I found in Sigma 19 which kept me from having to cross through house space.
Anyway I talked to some of the junkers there, and one of them offerd to hook me up with the corsairs. I spent some of the money Zane had paid me for the hack. It cost me 140 grand. I talked to a Zoner that I saw there, and he informed me that they buy engine components and other supplys there. I aslo met a junker who sold me information about a jumphole that would take me to Sigma 17. I figured that might be a lead so I bought the info and filled my bay with engine components.

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:07 pm 

I took the jumphole to sigma 17. I ran into a dangerous field of explosive gas pockets. I heard a couple of them explode as I pased by, but my shield held. I was real glad that the drone comes with a class 6 shield! I might not have made it with a lesser equiped ship.
Any way I ran through the eastern side of sigma 17. The jumphole brought me to an asteroid field where I didn't see anything interesting. I headed north maikng my way around the three suns. The view in that system is spectacular. I noticed a large green cloud to the noth and headed to it. Just in side the cloud my scanners bagan to lose effifiency, but I noticed a wreck drifting in the cloud and took a shot at it. I manged to get some good equipment off of it worth millions. Not far from the wreck I spoted a jumphole that led to omicron theta. I'd never been there so I went into the jumhole. I came out in a dense field of large rocks. I noticed alot of bountyhunters near the jumphole, and some corsairs flying Titans. After a while I came out of the asteroid field and saw a space station orbiting the sun. I made my way to it and no one shot at me so I requested to dock. It turned out to be a zoner base and they paid me well for the engine components. I also bought artifacts there for a premium price. Aroumd 1800. "That will make me a big profit on manhatten." I thought.

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:33 am 

I filled Colonel Zane in on my findings in omicron theta. She paid me a small sum for the information. Then she said I should go deeper into the corsair territory. I found jumpholes leading to omicron gamma and omega 41. I took the junmhole to omega 41 as I'd heard a rumor that nomads were patroling the omicron gamma system.
Any way as soon as I jumped into omega 41 I was mauled by red hessians. It's a good thing some bounty hunters were there to divert their atention from me. I hit the cruise engine and got away from them. But then I almost entered a mine field trying to get away from them. It's a good thing I had CMs or I would have been toast! I found two bases in that sytem. One was FP 5 a zoner base. The other was a corsair base called leon. They pay a premium price for pharmaciuticles there and artifacts sell for about 1400. While I was there I locatd a jumphole to omega 5. So I figured why not do a little exploration. As soon as I enterd the system I was mauled by red hesseians again. I made my way to the safety of another corsair base called Cadiz. There I found artifacts for under 1000.
I ran into a neutral trader there, and he showed me an easy route to manhatten. It sure pays to have friends in the hostile void of space! We had to dodge hessians through two systems, and I had my cruise engine disrupted one time. My flight training came in handy. I was able to back out the combat while fireing on the lead ship and using bats to keep my shield up till I was out of range. After that I made the jump to omega 3 and cought up with my partner. Once we made it to magellan it was an easy run to new york. He led me to the tradelanes and I was a little apprehensive at first. But then He dropped out of the trade just before the end and we avoided being scanned. I made about 6 million on that one run. I don't think I'll tell colonel Zane about my findings in omega 5. Information like that is too valuable for what she pays!

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:44 pm 

I've been makin millions on the run from omega 5 to manhatten, but the Hessians are making it hard. I was nearly killed several times. So I went back to sigma 17 after dropping some VIPs off at the hawaii. It's a profitalbe run, and with neither the corsairs or the outacsats trying to kill me it's safe once I get out of Kusari. While I was there I bought a class 8 shield for my drone. I also found a freighter wreck with some class 10 turrets. I mounted two of them on my ship. The energy drain is horrific but I can at least give enemies reason to pause. Maybe later I'll buy a new power plant so I can levy more punishment on those who would try to do me in.
After rearming my ship I went back to omega 5. It's still rough but at least I can fight the hessians off with a little help from the corsairs. I managed to take out some wings of daggers near the omega 3 jumphole. After I killed a few of them the others decided to pick on easier prey.
I made several runs to Cadiz and while the new weapons and shield help a lot it's still agravating having to risk death everytime I go there. So I went to FP 1 and laid down a bribe with the Zoners there. That got the hessians off my back and now I can trade with relative safety. Of course the corsairs don't like me as much any more but they are not trying to kill me on sight like the hessians were doing.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:49 am 

After many trips through dangerouse space and paying bribes to stay alive I've earned enough to buy a humpback freighter. It's relatively cheap, 128 mill. I got accosted by unioners while in Rhineland. I felt lucky that the Red hessians weren't gunning for ma as well. Well luck had nothing to do with it really. It was that bribe I pid to the Zoner. Anyway the ship holds 500 more cargo than my drone so I should be able to earn more money on a trade run now. I decided to take diamonds to new tokyo.
I got acosted by unioners again and some people called Bundschu. The bundsch were prety well armed and thay almost did me some damage a few times. I managed to kill a few of them and that didin't teach them a lession. I guess they'll be a problem for me every time I go to Rhineland. There were more attacks from unioners in Frankfurt. I didn't make any stops there so I don't know much about the place. once I made it to sigma 13 everything was smooth sailing. Of course I had to fight off blood dragons in kusari, but that is kind of easy now that I have a class 8 shield and class 10 weapons. I'm still going to need a better powerplant though since my weapons are drining my reserves pretty fast.
After the run to Tokyo I brought engine components to manchester. FP-4 pays the second highest price that I've found so far. After that I went to Cadiz with consumer goods since I could buy them for a lot less than what they pay for them at cadiz. I bought srtifacts at Cadiz and returned to manhatten. I was paid a little over 11 million for my load! :) Now that's what I call earning money. :)
Any way I ran into Colonel Zane on the landing dock. She seemed to be waiting for me. I found that a little diconcerting. She spoke in her usual prickly manner and asked if I'd found out anything new. I Told her that I'd found a corsair base in Omega 41 and that I hadn't been able to spend any time there because of the danger from Red hessians. She gave me a rather disgusted looking expression and told me to tell her when I had some infromation worth paying for. I didn't have the courage to tell her that I was hoping I'd never see her again.

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:06 am 

After the trade run to manhatten I was wanting a little ecitement. So I took a transprt to London and did few jobs in my barracuda. It was good to the one giving out the punishment for a change. I went back to willard research station and tried those high paying jobs gainst the liberty rogues. I saw a job on the board for 1 million but it was going after outcasts. I don't thnik I'm ready to take on fully armed sabres yet. Not untill I buy a couple more upgrades for my cuda. Any way there was one for 450 grand against the rogues. I took it. It was awsome to say the least, Those wolfhounds circled around dropping mines like rabbits taking a dump. The mines were coming out their ships one after the other. Drop drop drop drop drop. I shot as many of them as I could and even droped flares to divert them from me. Mines were blowing up everywhere. I think the pirate were hitting more of them than I was. I used a lot of batteries and even a few nanos, but I manged to take the wolfhounds out one at a time. The energy missiles helped a lot since I could use my guns to shoot the mines and other ships while my missiles took out the targeted ship. when the first wolfhound went down the next one already had his shield down and some damage. So it went like that till all of them were dead. I didn't pick up much loot on that mission, but I ws satisfied with the well earned pay and the excitement!

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:35 pm 

I decided to take it easy for a while and do some trade runs. I made a few runs to the Hawaii taking luxury goods there. I'd noticed my reputation was begining to sour badly with GMG so I put in at the Gas miner Ogishawa and paid a hefty bribe. I still have plenty of dragons to fight when I go through Kusari but now that I'm well equiped they are easy to take out. Some of them even have the good sense to run from me. On my way back with engine components I picked up a heavy thruster from a foolsih blood dragon. It cost me over a million to repiar it but it was still a bragain. After I was done trading I went back to manhatten for the night. After glass or two of ale I went out to the landing platform to check on my ship. I saw Commander Zane there looking over my ship. I was careful not to let her see me. She had a portable scanner which she was aiming at the cargo bay. After that I saw her questoning the cargo handlers. I paid one of them a couple of hundred credits and he informed me that she was asking about the cargo I'd been bringing in. ?

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next