Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daggits neural net log
 Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 am 

Daggit wrote:
I teamed up with another freelancer in the omicron sytems and were really tearing up the BH. Sometimes they just seem to keep coming and coming at us but we mange to stay alive every time.
:wink:

It was great working as a team, I don't always get the chance. The Team effort does make taking on Two Pages of BH Much easier than doing it Solo!!

(After you left Yesterday, I took 5 Adv CM's in the next 3 sets of BH) I pocketed over 70 Mil, Just for those. Would have been nice to share that with a team member....

I enjoyed our time together, and look forward to more.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:08 pm 

I've been having a great time taking on those BH in theta. We take on thre or four squads of 16 ships and survive every time. There's no way I would even attempt to do that on my own. At least not with my current equipment. I find the elite dagger is working prety good for me. If I need to I can sometimes manage to avoid being shot up even thugh there are so many of them. It's a light and agile ship. It straffs well and turn fast. Too fast sometimes because I keep running into rocks. I can't wait to see just what it's capable of with class 10 armor, shield genrator and power plant. It'll be a force to reckon with once I get it loaded out properly.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:34 pm 

We spent another day taking down bounty hunters in theta. I't exhausting work sometimes because they keep coming and coming. Some of them have the good sense to try to get away though, and I have hit them with them with a wasp. Of course some fo them do get away, but we mange to make a lot of credits because w etake down so many of them. I must have spent about 300 million on my dagger so far. I don't have any regrets as I've got a much better ship than I had when we started. My last up grade incresed my armor by 300%. Before that I put a new pwoer plant on it, Now I'm using my class 10 turret along with the wyrms. I still run out of power if I shoot too long, but I can take down a hammerhead with a single charge as long as I don't miss any shots. 8)
It takes a long time to get where yo want to be in terms of equipment and fire power, but I think it will be worth it when I take on the most dangerouse pirates in sirius. (namely the nomads).

Last edited by Daggit on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:34 pm 

Following our Bout with the BH this AM, I returned after lunch, and was Very Quickly Reminded of the difference between Fighting them Solo, and Fighting them in Team Effort.

I suddenly found that I again needed to Jump Around Spastically, Kind of like a Cat on a Hot Plate!! :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:05 am 

All good things must come to and end. So I traded my dagger in for a falcon. It was a logigal decision as I'd obtained a nomad shield, and the equipment dealer assured it me would not fit on the dagger II. So now I'm going to be taking down those nasty Bounty hunters with a much more powerful ship. With my new shield upgrade I no longer worry about taking them on by myself, but I still prefer to have some help out there in the edge worlds. It makes a big difference in terms of ones survival chances when there is more than one target for the enemy to shoot at!

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:18 am 

I've been making so much money killing BH that I decided to get a better ship. I went to colorado and laid down 394.5 million for a defender II. I manged to keep from loseing my thruster and scnner this time.
I took the ship for a test run in the coperton field and it performed well. I found the ship quite agile and responsive to the controls. Wtih the nomad shield I might be able to survive even their attacks.
It's a lot of work flying across sirius to get from one place to another, and I don't really like it. Still I make a trade run now and then in my humpback just to put some money in the bank. I haven't run into Col. Zane again. Rumor has it she's operating in the sigma sytems for now. That suits me fine since I prefer to sell mt artifacts on manhatten. 8)
After making some more money in omicron theta I decided to do something exciting for a change. I'd been seeing an ace pilot going into the unknown so I decided to tag along. LW showed up as well, and I was glad for the help.
As soon as we'd jumped nto the area we wer mauled by a large number of nomads. I took out some of them with a little difficulty, but manged to keep from being killed by using the nanos. Even though I have a nomad shield it doesn't take 2 seconds for it to go down when those monsters open up on you. I did my best to straff out of their aim but they manged to hit me often.
I was given coordinates go to and found some nomad wrecks. The power cells that were in them borught me nice chunk of change. I also got a few weapons. I went to a place called omicron minor. It was full of nomad monsters. There seemd to be about a million of them. As soon as I got away from one group of them two more groups showed up in front of me. I stayed there a long as I could ans made it back to Toledo with only 7 nanos left. I didn't use any shield batteys since a fully charged shield only gives me about one and a half seconds worth od protection. Intead I watched my armor reading and deployed the nanos when neccesary.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:42 am 

After the trip to omicron minor I'd had enough excitment for one day so I went back to Malta and loaded the nomad weapons on my ship. The defender II has 7 gun mounts and a forward facing turret so I have planty of firepower to take down those bounty hunters! I made another run to Theta and tore them a new one. :twisted: Even when they try to overwhelm me they don't really stand a chance.
I play it safe when I'm by myself out there. Staying out of the clouds and large rocks so I can maneuver better and move faster. The corsairs help me out a lot, but they cut down my drops and I have to take on more groups to make the money I want. I never go back to Malta with less than 30 million worth of stuff in my hold. Sometime I get around 50 million.
I make more money when I have an ace pilot is watching my back so I will definatley take the help when it's available.
As far as the nomads go I've got a score to settle with them. There isn't really much I can do to make my current ship more powerful. A better shield genrator might help some. I can go up one more level on that. Might give me another half second of shield protection. I doubt it though. More armor would be my best asset. The baseline armor on this ship is 20000 mutiplied by the nomad armor on top of it. There is no more upgrade for that so my best bet would be to buy a ship with a higher baseline armor rating. That leaves only one that I know of. The Sabre II. That'lll cost 616.5 millon. I have the money for that now but I'm really not ready to give Up my new ship yet. That leaves me with only one option. Improve my fighting skills. Of course I don't think I'll be going into nomad territory by myself any time soon. You have to be really good or really crazy to do that! :wink:

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:03 pm 

LOL

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:02 pm 

It's been a rough day for me. I bought a Rhineland gunboat and all but one of the turret would not mount on the ship. I thought that seemed odd because it comes with a full complement of gunboat turrets. Yet only one turret is actually mounted on the ship. It's not much good with only one turret. I tried a few things to get it working right. Even bought another one. Then I couldn'y launch because I didn't have radar. I bought a falcon after that. Then I bought another gunboat but now I can't launch because I have no power plant on it. After all that trouble I spent the day trying to earn some money in my Valkyri II. After 8 hours I'd only earned about 8 million. That's a strange fighter to say the least. It has 2 mounts for CD/trop. But you can only mount one on one of the mounts. Other than that though it's adecent ship. It comes with a Champion shield and a fairly decent powerplant.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:17 am 

He He Daggit i do under stand your probs buying ships , i have had simmiler experance in the past , But there was a post buy FlyByU telling us that some of the kit on Some of the ship is missing , I allways dismount all the kit on the old ship wether i need it or not before i transfer to the new one , That way you dont loose any thing and you can allways sell what you dont want .

Player Characters -: RECON

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:48 am 

check check and recheck nefore you hit that buy button;:)
i thought the gunboat came ready loaded with turrets. i tried the liberty cruiser and disabled the forward turret as it was a pain to aim (fires straight only so has to be lined up with the target). the powerplant neneded to power it will be the top of the range. If you forget to swap equoiment though you could be in trouble.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:30 pm 

sev98 wrote:
check check and recheck nefore you hit that buy button;:)
i thought the gunboat came ready loaded with turrets. i tried the liberty cruiser and disabled the forward turret as it was a pain to aim (fires straight only so has to be lined up with the target). the powerplant neneded to power it will be the top of the range. If you forget to swap equoiment though you could be in trouble.

Yes it comes with all the turrets. however for some reason All but one of them were mounted. I tried several time to mount the others and they wouldn't mount. I'll try it agian with a nother toon later. In the mentime I've got a fighter to upgraqde and an armored transport to trade with.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:42 pm 

I Took matters into my own hands and got rid of the gunboat. i used the money from it to buy an armored transport. That'll double my trade earnings. Besids now I might be able to trade more often in legal goods. Rumor has it that Zane is back on manhatten. Somehow she managed to survive the sigma sytems. That must've been tough since the junkers know who she is.
Any way, I'm back to buisness as usuall killing BH and trading when i'm in the mood. The AT has plenty of fire power. Some mollys tried to take me down in New london. They didn't stand a chance. I toook them all out in 5 seconds. The Valkyri II is a good ship and with a few upgrades it'll serve me well.
I bought 4 gendaitos at a blood dragon base in chugoku. They are class 8 weapons and do much better than the bounty hunter weapons I'd been using. They wrok pretty well since my power plant is designed to handle class 8 weapons. Power drain is nominal and it takes a while to drain it down.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:48 am 

Well the admin finnaly fixed the gunboat problems! 8) I'm really enjoying the gunboat in spit eof it's limitations. It's guns pack quite a punch, and it's missiles fire faster than most misiles. In fact I've come to rely on the missiles more than the guns. A couple of taps on the fire button will decimate a baracuda. They are enrgy missiles and do use plenty of juice. So I'm going to save up for the best pwoer pant i can get.
I didn't do too well in omicron theta though. I jumped in from sig 17 and was imediatly overwhelmed by BH. Even with 2 class 10 shields you aren't going to last long under the onslaught of a dozen hammerheads. All I could see was lazers and flashes. The flight computer constantly reminded me that my shield was down. Even though it didn't end well for me, I was glad when it as over. :o

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:19 pm 

I continued to hunt BH in Rhineland. Working in both Hamburg and New Berlin. eventually I managed to buy a couple of upgrades like a clas 6 shield generator and class 4 armor.
I made my way back to Theta and this imte it went well for me. There were some clsoe calls when I took damage and had to use the nanos, but with some help from the Corsairs All bounty hunters I came upon were destroyed.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next