Post subject: Tips & Hints
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:32 pm 

Players can post tips and or hints here to help others along.

Here is a link to the Map of the Freelancer Universe.

I'll start.

*] Shipyards are very important. You can only buy Power Plant Upgrades, Scanners, Tractor Beams, Armor, Shield Generator, Thrusters, CM's etc... there. They also pay more for such items as well.

*] Shipyards are the highest paid for repairs in all Sirius.

*] Survival should be your #1 goal concentrate on defenses of your ship before firepower. Look at it this way.

*] Code, & Nomad weapons are a different breed then your normal weapons found in Sirius. They ignore shield type and do more damage then the other guns that do more or less damage depending on shield type being used against it.

*] Just starting out with a new Character I suggest going after all the wrecks in Liberty Space 1st. Then if your a Trader take VIP's from Manhattan to Planet Curacao in Cortez system, and bring Cardamine back to Manhattan Rd trip profit of $320,000 in 12 mins with a Rhino. If your a fighter I suggest taking low level base kill missions as they drop Deep Scanners.

*] Just starting out I suggest you dont leave Liberty Space until you can handle most of the NPC's in those systems easily.

*] Watch out what missions you choose as some bases have higher level missions and you most likely will not be able to complete them.

*] If you are to close to a Torpedo when it goes off you will take a huge amount of damage to your ship and equipment.

*] Want more loot use Guns instead of Missiles or Torpedo's.

*] When you sell a ship and buy a new one make sure you transfer your equipment over to the new ship or you will be stuck with the Start ship basics and will have to buy and or loot all your equipment again.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Tips & Hints
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:24 am 

FlyByU wrote:

I'll start.

Just looking for clarity...Does this mean that Repairs should be done at Bases, or Planets, Other Than a Ship Yard?

I know YD's pay more for most equipment, do they also Charge More to repair damage now??
(Repairs less costly on other base types??)

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:35 am 

I've always found that bases are cheaper for repairs.

As for the Nomad guns? I found that Codes and regular guns kill Nomads better than using their own weapons against them. The Nomads seem to absorb the hits and regen faster when using their weapons against them. Idk but, that's what it looks like to me. Have yet to check it out this time around though. Taking too long to get there now. I started after everything was reduced.

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:08 am 

HunterKiller wrote:

As for the Nomad guns? I found that Codes and regular guns kill Nomads better than using their own weapons against them. The Nomads seem to absorb the hits and regen faster when using their weapons against them. Idk but, that's what it looks like to me. Have yet to check it out this time around though. Taking too long to get there now. I started after everything was reduced.

Plain and simple Nomads shields are highly resistant to regular guns less resistance vs. shield buster guns "Pulse" weapons and Code Weapons.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:39 pm 

Using Mines, Missiles, and Torpedo's can and do blow up a lot of loot if not all of it. Mines have an explosion radius of 16meters, Missiles 15meters, & Torpedo's depending on which one you use Starkiller 50meters Sunslayer 250meters. Best to use Torpedo's on Capships

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:21 am 

CD's will also do the same thing if fired at the moment of kill. (They are a type of missile, and I leave mine Active)

I have three Nomad CD's on my primary fight character. When fighting, I try to Maintain Fire, rather than Pulse the Fire Button at the time of the kill. If I Pulse the Fire Button, the CD's Re-Fire, and loot vanishes when they get to target.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:47 pm 

@Lone=Wolf and all: I did the math on a Advanced Thruster repair. In OT I repaired the AT at the base there It was worth $941,294 when I docked repair cost $933,706 = $3,750,000 I could've recieved that @ the moment but going to Barcelona or P Malta(both shipyards) and the price was $5,625,000. So IMHO for a break from the action it is more than worth the trip no matter where especially if you have multiple in the hold. Thanks FBU I appreciate that tip, Ive been making a substantial increase in my bank balance! :lol: :mrgreen: 8) The most I've had to go to a SY is 2 Systems which isn't that far. Sell all the rest and repair on the way. Some weapons sell more at particular bases as well like lv 10 Kracken II sells for more @ Ruiz in OB.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:54 pm 

@Lone-Wolf does the Nomad CD's have any benefit in helping you take down the enemy other than the disruption of cruise? Just wondering why you have 3 NCD's & no torpedos.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:30 am 

**Paladin** wrote:
@Lone-Wolf does the Nomad CD's have any benefit in helping you take down the enemy other than the disruption of cruise? Just wondering why you have 3 NCD's & no torpedos.

I think they do a little damage, not sure how much, but when I do missions, they keep the Primary Target from getting away. Since I have 3 mounted, they do 3 times the damage, and have 3 times the chance of stopping escape...

Just when I am nearing Kill, I try to not Pulse the Fire Button to keep them from re-firing.

I do not use Torps due to Ticking off "Helpers" that may be in the area. CD's do not extend to them.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:28 pm 

My advice is simple rob the wrecks. lots of loot and quick cash. then if in ny kill xenos and get friendly with the rogues and outcasts. this allows you to use the j holes to get to gamma and rob the good wrecks along the way. Oh assuming you know where they are muahahaha.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:37 pm 

I thought what could a new player with a basic ship and weaponds do in 1 hour , The first 30min after i had finished tradeing i reached level 18 had $168.058 and a Junkers bribe , The second 30min i looted the wrecks in NY and Kepler that gave me cash $2.534.433 still level 18 need a mission to go farther , This gave me a Total worth $3.809.626 , This was not done in record breaking time nore was it ment to .

Player Characters -: RECON

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:43 pm 

Recon Level means nothing in this mod total worth, reputation to some extent, and cash on hand is the main things. Only thing level is used for in this mod is to let you know how close you are getting to the 2 billion limit on that character. The big warning would be level 39 as level 40 is top level and you will be maxed out very soon. Level 40 is 1,900,000,000 you will have 100,000,000 credits until you reach max limit.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:09 am 

You're ever so right FBU I have CW of 818mil & fighting against the BH's for so long I was green with everyone but the N's & BH's. A few missions with the N's and that started changing, at 1st the N's drops were great & the more missions I took the less the drops & the less green I saw. :shock: Now I'm back to fight the BH's some more until I get my green tree with the red top again. :roll: :lol: Well I'll just pass the good fortune down to my other toons. :mrgreen: BH's are easier after fighting the N's for a while. 8) Also sev you're right about that CW having to be 700mil for the N's to drop it also is true for some of the other drops like Improved Tractor Beams. I'd like to know how you figured that out?

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:34 pm 

Lone-Wolf wrote:
FlyByU wrote:

I'll start.

Just looking for clarity...Does this mean that Repairs should be done at Bases, or Planets, Other Than a Ship Yard?

I know YD's pay more for most equipment, do they also Charge More to repair damage now??
(Repairs less costly on other base types??)

HunterKiller wrote:

YEP!! It would seem that we, (I) did know of this at one time. Might be time to get the leaks in that thing between my ears plugged up....

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:50 am 

There is a secret about guns/turrets that FlyByU programmed into the mod for a chance at higher income if a player can find the secret..I know of a couple of players who have found it, but I bet not everyone has..;-) "seek and ye shall find", maybe..GL.

Profile E-mail