Post subject: Daggit-1 a new beginning.
 Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:21 pm 

After years of working the loading docks and saving up I managed to buy a ship. It wasn't much of a ship. Just a light fighter with minimal weapons. But to me it was a chance to get out from under the thumb and make my own way in life.
I'd been taking flying lessions while working and saving. I'd made many sacrifices and now my time had come. Some bounty hunters had told me I could make good money working for them if I was good enough. But I decided that working for others wasn't for me. I set out in my second hand ship to see the system and have some adventure. It was more adventure than I'd expected. The pirates were everywhere, and thay often outnumbered me so badly I had to run for it. But I'd discovered that I could tractor in some valuable equipment and weapons. After a couple of harrowing battles with liberty rogues I had some weapons and prisoners. I picked up a javelin missile launcher, but I didn't have the credits to get it repaired. So I kept it in my cargo bay untill I could fix it.
After making some changes in my weapons I went back out looking for some pirates to kill. I made a number kills and got some good loot like tractor beams and scanners. I even got a delux thruster which I really needed because I didn't have a good enough one on my ship. When the enemies out number you and have better weapons you really need to keep moving pretty fast to stay alive. Like the Javelin I didn't have the credits to repair the thruster so I hung on to it for later use.
After another couple fo raids I eneded up with more equipment like scanner and shields. You can get a godd bit for a shield. So I eneded up fixing my delux thruster.
After that It got a lot easier to kill those pirates that kept coming at me. I found out it was easier if you criuise along the tradelanes and wait for back up to arive. It's not unusual to find liberty police and rogues fighting it out. That's when I join in the fight and get some kills and loot withuot being overwhelmed by the numbers. It worked out pretty good becaus after a day or two of that I had enough to buy a Star tracker fighter. It doesn't look like much of a ship but it does come with a class 3 shield and a countermeasure dropper. I found out it can handle a couple of class 5 weapons with no energy drain.
I took it out for a trial deep into the debris field. I found out that the Xenos had begun to see me as less hostile and they helped me out when no bounty hunters were around. I took out a mule and scored a slingshot missile launcher as well as some weapons and scanners. the missile launcher was welcome bonus as it greatly increased my offensive capability.
After mounting my new launcher I went back to the jersy field to hunt more pirates. I found a jumphole there and made the jump to colorado. When I came out the other end I was surprized. No one there was shooting at me! I had my scanner set to show important targets and it showed nothing. For the first time since leaving the planet I was not being shot at by pirates.
I hung around the asteroid field near the jumphole and filled up my cargo bay with silver. At least that way I wouldn't have those annoying bounty hunters harrasing mr for prisoners. After I jumped back in to new york I killed a bunch of junkers and rogues. I got a good bit of loot and made about half a million from the silver and equipment. Equipment really pays. If you get your hands on a delux thruster you can get over 600 thousand for it if it's in good shape.

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Daggit-1 a new beginning.
 Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:14 pm 

I've been making raids on the rogues and junkers with my StarTracker. It's pretty capapble in spite of the low numer of gun mounts. I've got Advanced flash point laers and a slingshot missile. I can take a mule out pretty fast, and a blood hound can be killed with a single slingshot if you hit him right.
While fighting outside of Rochester I saw a junker leaving with a bay full of artifacts. I really wanted that cargo but he had already engaged his cruise engine and got away. So after that I went to Ouray and bought a wasp cruise disrupter. Now the good stuff will be in my hold instead of the pirates hold! :)
I found the StarTracker worth the money I paid for it. From now on it will be the first ship I buy when I have to start over. It's worth it just for the class 3 shield and the better power plant.
I've made enough to buy a better ship in just two days. So I think I'll buy a piranha. I could buy a defender heavy fighter but that ship does not have the power to mount heavy guns on all of those gun mounts. Besides you can get by with just a couple of heavy guns and a missile if you have to. The piramha does have more power for weapons than the defender. At least in theory. Beside the piranha has more cargo space. If I'm going to be jacking cargo I want to get as much of it as I can. :twisted:

Last edited by Daggit on Sun May 27, 2012 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You write very well :)

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:02 pm 

I bought the piranha like I'd planned. It's not as good a ship as I'd expected. It has the same cargo space as the StarTracker but doesn'r seem to handle the class 7 lasers as well. Of course I could just not use the fourth gun. Maybe I could use lower class weapons. I'm sure that would work. I'm hanging out in New london right now. I'm going to try get some class 6 neutron cannons from the corsairs. They'll drain my energy faserr but I'm sure I can manage the situation easily enough. With the damage they do I might not need fire them constantly. In fact I had better not need that. Still I'm going to give it a try.

I risked my life a nunmber of times in britonia, but I finnaly got two class 6 angelitos. At a 158 dmage each I can take most ships I come across. The pirates in britonia are harder to kill and better armed than the ones in Liberty so I think I'll go back there for a whle and rake in the credits.

I'm back in liberty now and like I thought I'm raking in the credits. Those angelitos make short work of a mule. I don't need to use as many missiles now unless I really get overwhelmed by the numer of ships. Even though I have a class 4 shield now those missiles and lasers can take me out if they hit me enough times.
On one raid I managed to score a bay full of diamonds as well as two delux thrusters. :wink: So I should do well enough with this ship untill I'm ready to venture out into more dangerous places.

Last edited by Daggit on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:20 pm 

Another day of raiding pirates and it's working out pretty well for me. I bought a Mk-3 shield generator so now i don't have to use as many shield batteries. In fact most of the time my shield regenerates alomst as fast as it they take it down. As long as I don't get hit with missiles I needn't worry about it. I'm only using the two angelitos and the slingshot. My power drain is nominal and I can afford to shoot for several seconds at a time. As for the missiles I can replenish my supply by killing a mule since most of them use the slingshot.
I haven't scored any artifacts yet, but I did get a couple loads of cardamine. At 245k I was glad to sell it on manhatten. Still I'd rather get some delux thrusters every time I go out. A couple of them can give me a million credits! :wink:

Last edited by Daggit on Sun May 27, 2012 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:55 pm 

I had an intereting encounter with a new freelancer today. I gave him some looted equipment to help him build up his credits and buy some better weapons. He was greener that I tohught. I took him out to the pitsburg field to show him a wreck I'd found there. It got pretty hectic fast and we were overwhlmed by pirates in no time. I was sure we could handle them together but then my partner got killed. I didn't have any trouble taking care of the pirates but it really hurts to lose a partner like that. I'll have to be more careful with rookies from now on. Next time I'll advise the rookies to use the cruise engine to keep out of trouble when they feel the need. I would've thought they'd learn that in flight school, but I guess the flight instrutors aren't as good as they used to be. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:47 pm 

I still haven't scored any artifacts even thuogh I've made many raids on Rochester. But at least I'm making money on euipment. The mules drop good equipment sometimes and taking them out increases my chances of gettting a delux thruster as well a a slingshot launcher. No new freelancers have come along since that last guy died on me. That's too bad. These raids can be profitable and much safer with two raiders. I've got about 30 mill now, and I'm thinking of upgrading to a falcon. It only cost about 48 mill. With it's power-plant and weapons mounts I could maka a lot more money on raids. :idea:

Last edited by Daggit on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:58 pm 

I bought the falcon as planned. It's a good ship with a class 8 shield and plenty of power. I added a couple of class 7 plazma weapons to my loadout and an nergy missile. The power is more than adequate.
Now that I have this great firepower I'm realyy bored with killing pirates in liberty so i've ventured into hudson and gallileo. It's challenging enough, but the pirates don't seem to drop good equipment now. I have to bring trade goods just to mkae sure I get a profit. Still, it's kind of interesting taking the risk and coming out a winner.
I went to Rhineland for a bit. The unioners were hard to deal with. Their netron weapons made short work of my graviton shield. Still, they lost every fight. The junkers there have no hope of survival when I run into them. I was surprized to find the red hessians did not hate me. Nor did the bundschu. They would be worthy adversaries, and a challenge.

Last edited by Daggit on Sun May 27, 2012 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:45 pm 

I've been making trade runs to Shikoku. Bringing light arms there and coming back with engine components. The moenys good and it can be very exciting. My last trip there I got cought by a large number of liberty rogues and no navy showed up to help. It was a close call for me because I ran out of shield batterys. I had to fall back and take out the lead ship to get a few batterys but I needed to use some nanos to do that even. I ended up not killing everyone of them, but I got away with some loot, and some of them got away with their lives.
I'd spent over 20 million for a class 10 laser prior to that event and didn't have much credits to restock my supplies. So I'll spend some time in new york and replenish my supplies from the rogues and junkers here.

Last edited by Daggit on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:50 pm 

I managed to resupply my equipment with just one raid near rochester. I even got some good stuff to sell. Afterwards I went back to shikoku flying through open space in gallileo to make sure I run into lots of pirates. This time I didn't get into any trouble I couldn't handle. The lane hackers were tough and I had to use some batterys to keep from being spaced! Still it was profitable since I picked up a class 6 shield and a deep scanner along whit a few weapons.

This ends the story of Daggit-01. He lives on and who knows where his adventures will take him. But this scribe will hear from him no more. Perhaps you'll run into him in your travels.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:35 am 

Many things havechanged since this writting. Prices are not what they once were and vslues of equipmeny are reduced. But the basic principle reamins the same and the tactics still work.

Profile E-mail