Post subject: Nomad Adventures
 Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:38 pm 

Under this topic i will post my adventures with the Nomads. I love fighting them and I love writing about fighting them. If you also have great stories of your nomad adventures then i would love to read about them.

So There I was in the Unknown system and my startegy was to just kill as many as i could until i got a Nomad Shield. I killed over 100 Nomads and still hadn't come up with a shield. I was taking out wave after wave and then when they were gone i would search for some more. I fought and fought my way deeper and deeper into Nomad country searching for a Nomad Shield. I knew i didn't have all day and with time running out I just took on the highest amount that i ever tried to fight against. I took on 24 nomad fighters. You talk about a fight for the ages i felt like King was right there by my side saying "Hey heres our conquering HERO". It felt awesome to be able to take out so many Nomads by myself. Then after the fight i was angered to see that all i came away with was a Nomad CM and a few CD's. This angered me so much that i went and bought a new ship. That's right i no longer wanted to wait for a Nomad shield i just went out and bought the Sabre II. I don't know why but those Nomads just wont give me what i want easily. I guess they know how bad it will get once i have the shield i desire. Now my new goal is to kill some BH's and get back up to 700 Mil so i can once again kill some more Nomads and collect their loot. Not much of an exciting story but sure was an exciting battle. Well If you have any stories about your Nomad excursion please post them here and I will be glad to read of them. Also if you would like to hunt Nomads with me just hit me up during the Game. Daggit, Sev it sure was fun killing all those Nomads with you.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Nomad Adventures
 Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:37 am 

Yes 5 times i whent to unkown 5 times i got shot exiting the JG , Didnt have time to blink ( Dead ) , So if you are going there make sure you you have a good ship and top equipment , Other wise dont go LOL .

Player Characters -: RECON

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Nomad Adventures
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:23 pm 

Well.....I am surely nowhere close to being as a skilled pilot as you are TW Hessian. The post of you & screen shots by FBU are definitely a goal to shoot for. I do have a recent Nomad adventure for the encouragement of others. "Bein-Fu" one of my most recent characters just started off the hand-me-downs & partial funding from my other characters, started battling Nomads in Omicron Gamma intensely for an hour with my Current Worth being about 430 million. I only took missions that I could get help with. As fast as I could aquire the mission & get there it took about an hour to get one Nomad Shield.In the process I picked the following:

5 various Nomad weapons
5 Nomad Countermeasures
2 Nomad Thrusters
3 Nomad Cruise Disrupters
2 Nomad Armors &
the 1 Nomad Shield

Not to mention all the disembodied Jelly blobs. :lol: Some of those missions were not easy nor did they all pay. In my case, repairs were the most aquireing the Nomad Shield @ 17+million and break-even to about 2 million in repairs otherwise. The 17+ million was mainly the repairs for the Nomad Shield. As yet the Nomad Shield is the most highest paying item! It is an absolute joy after all that hard work to check before docking to see that bounty in the hold! :lol: I have had 4 maybe 5 missions with 2 Nomad Shields on the same mission! Makes you want to do a cartwheel or learn how fast! :lol: The ship on this char is the Anubis, I will now mozsey on out to the Osiris for a ship upgrade and some mapping/wreck mongering. :lol: When on the missions I follow a narrow path, which is to get the Nomad Shield or items repaired before arrival @ a Shipyard. As far as I know Nomad items are the same price everywhere. All the other drops except class 10 weapons are expenses & chump-change to me. The Advanced upgrades, Nomad Shield & Nomad/class 10 weapons are what pays for the upgrades and builds the bank the fastest. I appreciate the vision TW Hessian has set and the help from FBU, Lone-Wolf, Sev & the many others in game for the help and encouragement. Look forward to seeing you out there in Nomad Land!
Attachment:
Nomad Shield.jpg
Nomad Shield.jpg [ 225.81 KiB | Viewed 2538 times ]

Profile E-mail