should the mod have its prices and credits cut?
Poll ended at Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:50 am
yes by half 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
yes to a quarter 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
no 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
yes by 90% 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9

Post subject: Re: next generation and the future of the mod discussion
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:27 pm 

No its not that LW , Its some thing else its not an engine kill , But it turns a VH fighter into a Very light fighter in all mods of flight , My Sobek handles like a Starflier very light and agile as does my AT , This apply's to all ships.

Player Characters -: RECON

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:10 am 

In my years of playing FL, I have seen some truly ELITE players who often get bored when the severity of the challenge is reduced to allow lesser capable players to partake at their level of play.

What would be the possibility of having a base, perhaps the Osiris, which would hold all equipment needed to re-fit the ship for flight, be used to reach systems, like maybe the Nomad Lair System, or the Nomad Home World System, where these Elite Players could find a Nomad Fleet that would give them the challenge they are seeking?

Would those Elite Players find 3 to 6 Nomad Battleships, + 10 to 12 Nomad Gunboats, and + about 16 to 24 Nomad fighters in a fleet a reasonable challenge?

And, can these options be set up in these isolated areas, without causing such imbalances to show up in other locations??

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:59 am 

These are the best flying ships in the game of Freelancer, ever, in my book. FBU has always been able to make his ships fly their best. He experimented with them for many a year now. I see nothing wrong with them as compared to many other modded ships all over the Freelancer Universes and I've played them all at one time or, another.

Each NPC have their own way of flying, if you ever noticed, adapting to it makes them better to defeat.

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:55 am 

I am not suggesting that the NPC's be changed, I am asking if players who are obviously much better than I am, would like a place to go in the mod where they can have their own superior abilities challenged.

If that is done in areas where lesser ability players do not have to go, and have to be able to *stay, then it offers some a challenge they may want without locking those of us who can not play at that level out of the mod.

*We could Pop In for Mapping, get instantly killed, and not need to return unless we chose to.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:11 am 

Isn't that what the Unknowns are already for? I could see something like this if, one payer was able to go into those, alone and not need the ask for assistance, that would be ok but, I've not seen anyone here yet, where that's happening. I see posts, asking for help.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:13 am 

In response to Lone wolf previous post. I think we have that already with this current mod. The nomads are a real challenge to anyone. Even though I've gone against them many times I still like to have some help whenever I have to deal with them. I often get killed just jumping into their space. but sometimes I'm lucky and the area is clear when I jump in. But eventually I have to move on and waves of fighter seems to have no end. So far every nomad mission I did where I didn't have any support resulted in my death. So as far as I'm concerned I couldn't deal with a harder challenge at this time. Maybe when I'm older.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:56 am 

Yes to Daggit and yes to HK i agree with you both , But why don't we see a lot of guys there fighting , Or even killing BH , For me it has to be the cost of repairs it just doesn't pay , One time I had 108 mill and when i finished with BH and Nomads i had 7 mill , that money took me a long time to get and to loose it so quickly was a pain i can tell you , So i spend my time now in Bering and Hudson or trading that way i can make some cash , But my next upgrade is going to cost me 450 mill :-) .

Player Characters -: RECON

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:49 am 

HunterKiller wrote:
Isn't that what the Unknowns are already for? I could see something like this if, one payer was able to go into those, alone and not need the ask for assistance, that would be ok but, I've not seen anyone here yet, where that's happening. I see posts, asking for help.

Daggit wrote:
In response to Lone wolf previous post. I think we have that already with this current mod. The nomads are a real challenge to anyone. Even though I've gone against them many times I still like to have some help whenever I have to deal with them. I often get killed just jumping into their space. but sometimes I'm lucky and the area is clear when I jump in. But eventually I have to move on and waves of fighter seems to have no end. So far every nomad mission I did where I didn't have any support resulted in my death. So as far as I'm concerned I couldn't deal with a harder challenge at this time. Maybe when I'm older.

RECON wrote:
Yes to Daggit and yes to HK i agree with you both , But why don't we see a lot of guys there fighting , Or even killing BH , For me it has to be the cost of repairs it just doesn't pay , One time I had 108 mill and when i finished with BH and Nomads i had 7 mill , that money took me a long time to get and to loose it so quickly was a pain i can tell you , So i spend my time now in Bering and Hudson or trading that way i can make some cash , But my next upgrade is going to cost me 450 mill :-) .

With these three in agreement, I withdraw my previous suggestion to place more advanced Fleets in these outer systems.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:33 am 

Quote:
*We could Pop In for Mapping, get instantly killed, and not need to return unless we chose to.

Oh yeah, if this is what you want then, try Alaska. I never see anyone in there. Must be a reason, hunh?

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:47 am 

A couple of players have gotten in there long enough to map the Two Bases in there, so there is some ability to get in and stay for a short time.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:32 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol: Funny you posting that HK I've had more than 7 Characters that have not only entered but found the wrecks as well and know of others that have done the same. I don't even remember seeing you on the server at all during that time. Most of those Characters heads have rolled down Manhatten Avenue :lol: However it has been done before and is in the process of being done again with new Characters! Also the top level BHs, Corsairs & Outcast are regularly get their buts kicked in their Homeworlds and surrounding systems! :shock: :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:00 am 

Well, I've been in there and since I've been on the server, Paladin, I've not seen you or, anyone in there period and the mod has changed considerably since you probably first entered those systems and that's why I brought it up. I've played FBU's mods, long before you have so, don't knock me just because you've not seen me in any system.