should the mod have its prices and credits cut?
Poll ended at Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:50 am
yes by half 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
yes to a quarter 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
no 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
yes by 90% 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9

Post subject: Re: next generation and the future of the mod discussion
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:00 am 

I voted in favor of reducing to a quarter. AT my rate of earnings it probably not much of an issue either way but I really like playing this mod and dont want to see others migrate away because of the limits impose by the high values

alias Emem

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:01 pm 

I think it would be a good idea. Im still new an dont understan some of the game, but the way it is explained sounds like it would help us.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:25 pm 

Aphrodite wrote:
I think it would be a good idea. Im still new an dont understan some of the game, but the way it is explained sounds like it would help us.

We want to welcome you to the Forum, the Server, and a Great Game, with a Fabulous Mod that just keeps getting Better. (FBU does things that put others to shame)

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:11 am 

I never knew there was a cap limit on loot or anything like that buit i think i might be nearing it with my Saber II. I Haave a Mk 10 PP and Nomnad armor and Nomad Scanner adv Thruster Class 10 shield nice guns and nomad CM and I have almosty 300 mill on char and its like pulling teeth to get loot to drop sometimes. So i think it would be a great idea to cut things down by 25%. That way i can keep rolling in the dough.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:03 am 

People, don't forget, there's always the Bank. With FLAC, I really don't think you'll manage to fill it up.

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:27 am 

FlyByU i saw some of the ship prices need to be more balanced. There is a sale on the Saber II right now.

Last edited by *TW*Hessian on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:12 pm 

Today I read a post by recon sugesting a JH to sig 13 fom Galileo or colorado. I kind of like that idea. Espsecially if the JH is in galileo. Galileo is regualry patroled by battle groups and pirates of notable capabilites. Anyone venturing through that system will have to have some skill whether they be pirtae or law abiding. There are three JHs in that system now. One is in the southwest quarant. One is in the northwest quadrant. and the other in the middle of the eastern half of the system.
For good balance you shuold consider using eithr the notheast or southeast quadrant as a location for any new JHs.
Daggit out

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:54 pm 

I've noticed that most nomad equipment doesn't fetch a high price compared to other equipment. 1.8 mill for nomad scanner seems kind of low. The shields fetch about 52 mill. but other high end shields are worth much more. I've worked hard and taken heavy damage getting this gear. It would be nice if it was worth something when I sell it.
. . . Daggit out

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:27 am 

Hello, I realise I'm new to the game and I'm not sure what to vote for. I like the idea of having more selection when it comes to ships, guns, shields, and as I understand it - that can only happen if the current prices are lowered. I might have to swing the lead, I'm happy just going with the majority. I like playing freelancer, and I really like playing freelancer with this mod. The friends, wingmen you can make are second to no other game. Everyone is helpful, friendly and full of useful tips. ok I realise my flying might not be the best, but with help I'm improving :) thank you everyone.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:50 am 

DuneDrifter wrote:
Hello, I realise I'm new to the game and I'm not sure what to vote for. I like the idea of having more selection when it comes to ships, guns, shields, and as I understand it - that can only happen if the current prices are lowered. I might have to swing the lead, I'm happy just going with the majority. I like playing freelancer, and I really like playing freelancer with this mod. The friends, wingmen you can make are second to no other game. Everyone is helpful, friendly and full of useful tips. ok I realise my flying might not be the best, but with help I'm improving :) thank you everyone.

Just for clarity purposes, as you stated you are new to FL, this is just to give a note of purpose for the vote above.

FL Software has a Monetary Cap, around 2 Billion, built into the player accounts. The higher prices of equipment that used to be in the mod took players very close to that Cap when they purchased some of the High End Ships. Prices of Missions, Equipment, Commodities, and Ships were cut to give players more Play Room before they hit that Cap.

FLAC control also helps with the Banking option it offers players. You can Deposit some of your Cash when your Total Cash Value, (the number on the top right of the F-8 screen), gets near that Cap, so that players do not hit that Cap, and have their total cash value drop to $0.00. Rough Optimum Cash Value to play at is around $700 Million or so. The Better Drops start to come after that number is reached by a player.

(some paraphrasing, and self understanding inserted above)

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:22 pm 

I'm glad to have you around DuneDrifter. It does take time to get those coveted upgrades. but in all my years of playing I've always gotten bored when I hit the top. I have one ship at the top now. Daggit-10 wtih the Sobek, Mk-15 PP and armor. nomad guns. the only thing that keeps me flying that ship is challenge of the nomads. I've spent over 415 hours on that toon and still it's interesting to play. When the time comes you'll probably want a good wing-man for some of the more dangerous work. Believe me you'll need it. Even if you don't need it. It will keep your repair bills from draining your bank account. So to that end I try to be as friendly as I can to other players. You never know when a friend will come in handy.
. . Daggit out

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:52 pm 

isnt that last line a verse from a song :-)

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:12 am 

Hello, just something to think about, I find the ships turn slowly, if we could buy upgraded turn thrusters (for the front of the ship) could we turn quicker - so we can kill the enemy quicker. thanks

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:16 am 

@ DuneDrifter

( There is a way to make your ship turn faster ) , I was on Freeport 9 when this guy came over to me , He sat down and looked at me and sead you have a nice ship i seen it when you landed , Bet you have no problems with the Aliens here in Theta , No i sead they dont bother me why , Look he sead , I need some help , And with a ship like yours it would be easy , I can make it worth your while what do you say , I thought for a moment and sead No thanks i dont need the money and any trouble thanks , But there must be other guys here you can ask .
No No i need a ship like yours and i know your Rep , I need some one i can trust , Why i sead , Well i am a wreck hunter , I search for wrecks loot them and sell what i can to the highest bidder that's how i earn a living , There is an Alian JH that is littered with wrecks that's where i want to go and with your help i would have no problems , If you help me i can make it worth your while , How , OK i have this data cube and on it are the instructions of how to make the hull of your ship lighter and reduces its mass i haven't tried it yet but i will give you a copy if you help ok what do you say , How do i know it will work , Look this is Alian stuff and you have to take a chance what do you say . Well i am doing nothing right now ok but this better work , He laughed it will he sead . So after the mission I went to my ship but the cube it the central computer and i was amazed , this was no upgrade this was some thing that changed the hole of the structure of the ship , It was there staring you right in the face and for every one to see , All you had to do was xxxx xxx xxxxxxx and it changed the ships mass it realy works .

I have an Armed Transport and it fly's like a brick you couldn't fly through a asteroid field , but with this you can fly through the bad lands no prob , It fly's like a Rhino 2 , And all my other ships are the same .

This really does work no bull you just have to fined it .
Is this an other of FlyByU's secrets ? .

Player Characters -: RECON

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:10 am 

DuneDrifter wrote:
Hello, just something to think about, I find the ships turn slowly, if we could buy upgraded turn thrusters (for the front of the ship) could we turn quicker - so we can kill the enemy quicker. thanks

How new are you to FL? I struggled with this in fighting until a player turned me on to the "Engine Kill" feature. your ship will "Turn on a Dime" in Thrust mode with Engine Kill activated.

You do Bounce off of asteroids a lot though.

Profile E-mail