Post subject: ***Update v70a***
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:55 am 

All ships will now have Starter ship scanner, tractorbeam, and Powerplant onboard when you buy a new ship. To many where confused by having them removed and were stranded on bases or planets. So from now on be sure you transfer your equipment back to your ship or you will have lost all you have gotten to that point. Keep an Eye on your equipment and double check before you hit the buy button. This also is going to help in balancing out the ships prices and push you to buy upgraded powerplants at shipyards. What you have on your ship is fine now its when you buy a new ship that you will notice the change.

Edit:
I fixed the Val 2's torpedo problem it was a bad set of code.
I have reduced all costs to 1/4 of what it is now. This should fix a lot of problems and give us more room to add and expand the mod in the future.

I will post more as I get things done.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: ***Update v79i***
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:20 pm 

awesome

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:23 pm 

Just increased the mining of the mod you will not get between 1-40 loot now when you mine or you should anyway.

Worked over Trade Routes there should be some very good runs for long distance runs now.

Edit:

Added new armor Order Hybrid Organic armor Nomad technology allowing it to repair itself.
Added another Shield Gen 2000 extra to shield
Added different mission against BH and Corsair on Ruiz.
I may have found why Battleship Essex doesn't show and fixed it. It was missing code that counted it as a visit when you went there. Now it has the code in place. So it should show up now Knock on wood...

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:45 am 

:D :mrgreen: Whoot! Whoot! Whoot!!! :mrgreen: :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: ***Update v70a***
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:03 pm 

Just so you all know there has been so many changes that I am going to have to change version number to make sure people D/L the the new version of the mod. Other wise FLAC will have a field day on banning people if they come on with the wrong version. New version is going to be 70a I am going back to what we started at and that will give use more room to play with for future releases/updates.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:43 pm 

As Sev sead "Awessome" .

Player Characters -: RECON

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:38 pm 

Great! I'm looking forward ot it. I put it on my callender so i won't forget!

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:54 am 

FBU, I still have v0.75 and play it now and then, SP & MP, alone. Will this create a problem for me if, you're starting over in version numbers?

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:02 am 

HunterKiller wrote:
FBU, I still have v0.75 and play it now and then, SP & MP, alone. Will this create a problem for me if, you're starting over in version numbers?

Only if you try to come on with the older version. The newer one will have a letter beside it. I don't think we will get that far for some time. Only when major changes like this one coming up will it happen. Next version is 70a so we have a long way to go until 75. also the loading screen will tell you what mod and version you have in it. the new ones say Loading FBUFLSM vXXX. Also we have FLAC so if a person has the wrong files they will get banned or kicked until I an unban them or for most it will go by the server files only anyway.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:09 am 

There are steps outlined in FLMM for getting a mod to work with it. It says something about "Re-Naming the Mod" and "Editing the Script File" to change the name the Script is looking for when it loads.

If you change your Mod Name to "X-Y-Z", (anyname.mod), you can get a mod to work with any name, or new name.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:08 am 

If you have been able to get BS Essex to show up on the Commodities List, can the same thing be done for Toledo??

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:32 am 

Lone-Wolf wrote:
If you have been able to get BS Essex to show up on the Commodities List, can the same thing be done for Toledo??

Toledo should be showing up, it is coded right everything where it's suppose to be. If you hit map and click on the planet then the info it shows everything that way. I don't understand why it wont show on Commodities List. I am not sure on Essex but I have my fingers crossed. You may have to land on Essex again for it to work.

Added Nomads to Toledo as a commodity. Back by popular demand.

Updated Readme.txt I took out a lot of things that basicly said the same thing over again and kind of straightened it up some made it look a little better. Here is what it looks like now. If you think something should be added or changed or rewrote by all means feel free to post it.

FlyByU Freelancer Server Mod v0.70a
Created By: FlyByU

Features in FlyByU Freelancer Server Mod v0.70a

*] 15 Power Plant Upgrade, 14 Armor Upgrades, 10 Shield Generator Upgrades, 5 scanner Upgrades, 3 Tractor Beam Upgrades.

*] Tweeked weapons Color, Damage, Rate of Fire, Range, Power useage. Missile and Torpedo Turn Rate Adjusted to hit a lot more often. Code weapon Turrets have been added as well. All mines have increased speed to 160 and 180 for the seeker mines. (Mines, Missiles, Cruise Disrupters track targets like they have Magnets in the Nose now). Weapons color has been tweaked they look very nice with the Real Space feature.

*] Cruise speed 425, flight speed is now 80.

*) Fast Docking

*] Ships Added to mod. Armored Transport, Liberty Cruiser, Rheinland Gunboat, Dagger 2, Dragon II, Valkyrie II, Sabre II, Wolfhound II, Mule II, Rhino II, Defender II.

*] Max Missiles, Mines, and CM's is 100

*] Ships, Weapons, Missiles, Mines, CM's, and Equipment can be bought at any level or reputation. If you can land on a base you can buy whatever you like if you have the credits for it.

*] All CM's, Energy Missiles, and Mines do not use Ammo. (Simply Turn Them On) or continue to Launch them with your favorite buttons of choice.

*] Shipyards are very important now. You can only buy Power Plant Upgrades, Scanners, Tractor Beams, Armor, Shield Generator, Thrusters, CM's etc... there.

*] NPC Traders/Transports will drop all cargo.

*] All ships have improved handling. They all turn pretty quick now including freighters.

*] Real Space and it looks very nice.

*] Player levels go to 90. However, Player Level has nothing to do with this Mod.

*] Sight range increased you can see stations, planets, trade lanes etc... from a longer distance now.

*] Fire jump-hole effect.

*] Lootable Nomad turret that works on all ships. Must kill a Nomad Gun Boat or Nomad Fighter to get them.

*] Regenerative Nomad Armor, (Loot-able) It regenerates so you do not have to use as many Nanobots. New is the Order Hybrid Armor simlar to Nomad Armor

*] Nomad's have Lootable Countermeasures, Scanners, Thrusters, CD's, Shields, and Pilots.

*] 3 new shields that are like the nomad shield except you can buy these at Planet Toledo. There are 3 classes: Light Fighter, Heavy/Very heavy Fighter, & Freighter.

*] All Player Freighters the max cargo now 1200 for the Humpback & Dromedary. 1800 for the Rhino 2, and 2400 for the Armored Transport.

*] We have cap ship encounters in the mod as well, with Battleships, Cruisers, Destroyers, and Gunboats and Fighters. Factions with Cap ship Encounters are: All House Military, Nomads, and the Order. (Nomad Fleets do not have the Battleship)

*] The Navy fleets are very powerful. They also carry Navy Officers, and a Fleet Commander which is worth a lot of Credits.

*] Order weapons have been improved they are now class 7, 9, & 10

*] 2 Billion+ is the new limit for credits on Character. Players also have a bank they can use to store credits on there account. It is good for all Characters for that account and allows you to share Credits with all Characters.

*] All Military Bases now have high paying/high level missions so watch what mission you take as you may not survive.

*) Energy Mine. A very powerful mine to have on your side. Also 5 Energy missile launchers to choose from.

*) 7 new Nomad wrecks in 6 Nomad Infested Systems with surprises on them, and 12 other new wrecks in the other NPC systems. You will have to find them on your own. That is a total of 19 new wrecks have been placed, and one additional Nomad* system opened up to hide the best one in. (In addition, some Vanilla Wrecks have had some Weapons or Commodities changed or increased)

*) The Nomad Home World system is open moreover, it is very populated, to put it mildly. (If you enjoy fighting Nomads, this system has got to be your target destination)

*] All CM's, Energy Missiles, and Mines do not use Ammo. (Simply Turn Them On) or continue to Launch them with your favorite buttons of choice.

*] Beefed up all ships Armor, Botts/Batts, Cargo. All ship can use Class 10 weapons. Info cards show info for all ships.

*] Adjusted the system lighting to make it more comfortable and bring out the textures in Bases and ships.

*] All factions have loot-able pilots.

*] Added many new Jump holes.

*] Made NPC shields loot-able. These shields are not the player shields. They only regenerate at 5 point per sec so are useless to the player but can be sold (Do not make the mistake of mounting one of these just because it is a Class 10, and you have only a Class 5. You WILL be . Sell it as suggested.)

*] Lights are now brighter and look very nice with the Real Space feature.

*] NPC's now take loot. So make sure you grab it before they do or you will have to kill them to get it back.

*] MP Start: - Ship = Patriot - $10,000 Credits - Armor - Shield Generator - CM - Guns: 1xShield Buster - 3xGuns - Class 1 Shield - 20 Bots/Batts. So you will have a nice start.

*] Roll Baby Roll is now in mod. Gives the player the ability to roll and perform other complex maneuvers while in cockpit mode. Not a substitute for the current controll system, Just an extension of it.

This Mod was created for any and all Players who LOVE playing Freelancer. Whether you Mine, Trade, Pirate, or Fight Pirates. All of the Basic areas of the Original Freelancer scheme have been addressed. For those who love Freelencer, and do not expect to get the best Ship, with the Best Shield, and the Best Weapons in the first TWO Hours of game play, then this mod is for you. As you work your way up to that Hammerhead, or Titan, or Dromedary, you will EARN each new piece of Equipment or up-grade that you get.

Come test your skills on FlyByU's server. He has worked hard to bring you the great feelings of vanilla Freelancer but with lots of new tweaks. Come out and enjoy this great mod. If you want to be in a clan check out the rules for starting a clan on FlyByU's server and come out and have a blast with your clan. (Suggestion, Use your Clan Members to GANG UP on those Nomads)

For Fierce Die Hard Freelancers, these Nomads will now give you a REAL Serious run for your money. If you are made of “The Right Stuff”, these bad boys are the ones that will help you find out what you are really made of!! Then after you prove yourself against the Nomads, step up and take on the ORDER next, HEE HEE HEE!!

PVP is now allowed in all system however Liberty space is PVP free! PVP Rules will are posted on our forum under Server Rules, or just see them below.

A PVP arena in Tohoku it is encased in rock asteroids and on the out side of that is a minefield. you will be able to use a J/H to get to it from New York. Tohoku is nothing but a PVP Arena now you can land on the Blood Dragon (it is neutral to all now) base there to buy Bots/Bats. It is all geared for PVP in that system.

*DO expect to have a fun time for this mod. It is for those who want to kill a lot of NPC's, and enjoy engaging PVP with your friends or enemies.*

*The mod will use FLMM v 1.31 to activate*

Credits/Thanks go to the following Freelancers:

- The mod base is Freelancer SDK 1.3b files by Louva Deus included.

- A special Thank You to Swat-Portal and Freelancer Community. The new home ports for Freelancers.

- Evolutions mod for their outstanding Commodities and Ship Icons (Pilots) and allowing me to use them. Thank you Evolutions Mod Team!

- SWAT_OP-R8R for his Nomad Pilot Icon

- Louva-Deus for his SDK 1.3b & Real Space mod

- Eagle for his Freelancer Anti Cheat (FLAC)

- JoeBoomz for his IONCROSS Freelancer Server Operator

- Mancer for his Shippack5v1.10

- Crabtree for his Armored Transport mod

- DwnUndr for many errors fixes found in his new Vanilla Starter Pack

- Matthew 'IGx89' Lieder for Freelancer Mod Manager

- Lancer Solurus for his FL Error Checker

- Gibbon for his Armored Transport Icon

- DwnUndr & Soupman for help with IonCross and FLAC running together, and providing forums for freelancer communities. *They do a great job*

- Aegir for his Roll Baby Roll mod

- Lone Wolf, sev98, Daggit, Hunter Killer, Alexander, and many others that have helped in testing the mod & reporting Errors/Bugs or just in general screw-ups by the modder we wont mention his name.

FlyByU's Freelancer Server Homepage http://home.comcast.net/~flybyu1776/flserver/

Swat-Portal http://www.swat-portal.com/

The Freelancer Community portal.php

EOA http://eoa.seriouszone.com/news.php

Freelancer Anti Cheat (FLAC) portal.php

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:45 am 

FlyByU wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:

Only if you try to come on with the older version. The newer one will have a letter beside it. I don't think we will get that far for some time. Only when major changes like this one coming up will it happen. Next version is 70a so we have a long way to go until 75. also the loading screen will tell you what mod and version you have in it. the new ones say Loading FBUFLSM vXXX. Also we have FLAC so if a person has the wrong files they will get banned or kicked until I an unban them or for most it will go by the server files only anyway.

Thanks.

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:22 am 

News I posted on Mod DB

There will be a new release on July 5th 2012 the new release will have several changes hence the new Version number.

Just so you all know there has been so many changes that I am going to have to change version number to make sure people D/L the the new version of the mod. Other wise FLAC will have a field day on banning people if they come on with the wrong version. New version is going to be 70a I am going back to what we started at and that will give use more room to play with for future releases/updates. The newer one will have a letter beside it. Next version is 70a so we have a long way to go until 79 again. Also the loading screen will tell you what mod, and version you have installed. the new ones will show "Loading FBUFLSMv70a " If it reads any version other then the latest you have the wrong mod version installed.

Change log for Version 70a:

All ships will now have Starter ship scanner, tractorbeam, and Powerplant onboard when you buy a new ship. To many where confused by having them removed and were stranded on bases or planets. So from now on be sure you transfer your equipment back to your ship or you will have lost all you have gotten to that point. Keep an Eye on your equipment and double check before you hit the buy button. This also is going to help in balancing out the ships prices and push you to buy upgraded powerplants at shipyards. What you have on your ship is fine now its when you buy a new ship that you will notice the change.

I fixed the Val 2's torpedo problem it was a bad set of code.
I have reduced all costs to 1/4 of what it is now. This should fix a lot of problems and give us more room to add and expand the mod in the future.
Added new armor Order Hybrid Organic armor. Nomad technology allowing it to repair itself.
Added another Shield Gen 2000 extra to shield
Added different mission against BH and Corsair on Ruiz.
I may have found why Battleship Essex doesn't show and fixed it. It was missing code that counted it as a visit when you went there. Now it has the code in place. So it should show up now Knock on wood...
Just increased the mining of the mod you will not get between 1-40 loot now when you mine or you should anyway.
Worked over Trade Routes there should be some very good runs for long distance runs now.
Added Nomads to Toledo as a commodity to be used in trading.

For more up to date information on the change log go to viewtopic.php?f=29&t=851

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:36 am 

FBU, If I remember a previous Post or discussion, you are adding to New Ship Purchases, "Level 1 PP", and "Level 1 Scanner", so that players will not be in a condition of being unable to launch after purchasing a new ship?

If a player has Deep or Advanced equip at the time of purchase, and click purchase without transferring the old equipment, they will loose the better equipment, and have to get it replaced with time and effort.

Any Player who has Better equipment: remember to transfer it to your new ship, before purchase, or it is gone....and you will need to re-earn the higher level gear.

Profile E-mail