Post subject: Re: ***Update v70a***
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:45 am 

Lone-Wolf wrote:
FBU, If I remember a previous Post or discussion, you are adding to New Ship Purchases, "Level 1 PP", and "Level 1 Scanner", so that players will not be in a condition of being unable to launch after purchasing a new ship?

If a player has Deep or Advanced equip at the time of purchase, and click purchase without transferring the old equipment, they will loose the better equipment, and have to get it replaced with time and effort.

Any Player who has Better equipment: remember to transfer it to your new ship, before purchase, or it is gone....and you will need to re-earn the higher level gear.

That is posted in change log.

Losing scanners, tractor beams, Power plants and weapons has always been in the mod and even in the vanilla game with weapons. You have always had to transfer what you want back to your ship if it is different.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:13 pm 

Update on change log

NPC's now fly in Dagger II, Sabre II, Defender II, Mule II, Rhino II, Dragon II, Valkyrie II, Wolfhound II. So you will now see some new action and the updated ships out in Sirius.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:06 am 

WOW!!!!

I can't wait for this to come out. I am going to love it. Excellent work FBU.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:55 pm 

Update on change log

Went through the npc ship loadouts and found that the BH were not using there class 10 weapons on there Hammerheads. They are now. I went on and investigated all loadouts and made many corrections. You will most likely notice the deference in the next version.
Dragon II can be bought on Kyoto Base now. Blood Dragons also use this ship. In org code there was the kusari HF for the Kusari Navy and the Kusari Dragon HF for the Blood Dragons. It was basically the same ship. So I decided to fix this in the mod as well. I also took the Falcon off Kyoto Base as it just didn't make sense to have it there.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:26 pm 

uhhh i havnt been investing in armour or shield upgrades. been doing fair against the hammerheads, know why now. ok, upgrades for armour in the plan.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:50 pm 

Update on change log

Added a new wreck to the mod may add more to it before release.
Nomad Prototype fires 10 per sec now that's 600rpm. Of course with the faster fire rate it also drains energy more.
Planets no longer have Docking Rings just click on them and land.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:06 am 

I love the sound of new changes. Thanks for all the hard work FBU.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:25 am 

Update on change log

After some Testing I changed the Cruise speed to 425
Also just to let you know you dock at the planets the same way you did with the docking rings go to where the docking rings use to be click on planet, and hit dock.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:11 am 

Will there be a final so to speak, where there's not so many installs and uninstall's soon?

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:20 am 

HunterKiller wrote:
Will there be a final so to speak, where there's not so many installs and uninstall's soon?

Nope it is going to be worked on and added to for quite some time. Bug/Error Fixes, Extra wrecks, ships and eventually bases. Then the continuing tweaking the mod to get the right balance which is my main concern along with "does it make sense and belong in Freelancer". I would say sometime it will slow down but it will always continue to expand. You don't have to start new Character anymore no one has had to do so to-date nor will they as I wont be adding anything to have a character wipe those days are over knock on wood. So if you want to play just join in and play. It really isn't that much time to download 11.5MB (5 sec for me to D/L) and to deactivate a mod and delete it from flmm then install the new version and activate it.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:14 am 

k. Still having screen load and finding server problems as well. Even your server fails to show up for a long time (and we live not too far from each other) and when it does, my ping for it is so high, I'm having to wait for like, forever to connect. I guess my ISP always has problems in the area I moved back into unlike before when I once had Comcast here.

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:14 pm 

Update on change log

Added 3 new wrecks total so far.

Readme Change again. Please look it over and if you see a correction needing done or something worded better please post it.

FlyByU Freelancer Server Mod v0.70a
Created By: FlyByU

Features in FlyByU Freelancer Server Mod v0.70a

*] 15 Power Plant Upgrade, 14 Armor Upgrades, 10 Shield Generator Upgrades, 5 scanner Upgrades, 3 Tractor Beam Upgrades.

*] Tweeked weapons Color, Damage, Rate of Fire, Range, Power useage. Missile and Torpedo Turn Rate Adjusted to hit a lot more often. Code weapon Turrets have been added as well. All mines have increased speed to 160 and 180 for the seeker mines. (Mines, Missiles, Cruise Disrupters track targets like they have Magnets in the Nose now). Weapons color has been tweaked they look very nice with the Real Space feature.

*] Cruise speed 425, flight speed is now 80.

*) Fast Docking

*] Ships Added to mod. Armored Transport, Liberty Cruiser, Rheinland Gunboat, Dagger 2, Dragon II, Valkyrie II, Sabre II, Wolfhound II, Mule II, Rhino II, Defender II.

*] Max Missiles, Mines, and CM's is 100

*] Ships, Weapons, Missiles, Mines, CM's, and Equipment can be bought at any level or reputation. If you can land on a base you can buy whatever you like if you have the credits for it.

*] All CM's, Energy Missiles, and Mines do not use Ammo. (Simply Turn Them On) or continue to Launch them with your favorite buttons of choice.

*] Shipyards are very important now. You can only buy Power Plant Upgrades, Scanners, Tractor Beams, Armor, Shield Generator, Thrusters, CM's etc... there.

*] NPC Traders/Transports will drop all cargo.

*] All ships have improved handling. They all turn pretty quick now including freighters.

*] Real Space and it looks very nice.

*] Player levels go to 90. However, Player Level has nothing to do with this Mod.

*] Sight range increased you can see stations, planets, trade lanes etc... from a longer distance now.

*] Fire jump-hole effect.

*] Lootable Nomad turret that works on all ships. Must kill a Nomad Gun Boat or Nomad Fighter to get them.

*] Regenerative Nomad Armor, (Loot-able) It regenerates so you do not have to use as many Nanobots. New is the Order Hybrid Armor simlar to Nomad Armor

*] Nomad's have Lootable Countermeasures, Scanners, Thrusters, CD's, Shields, and Pilots.

*] 3 new shields that are like the nomad shield except you can buy these at Planet Toledo. There are 3 classes: Light Fighter, Heavy/Very heavy Fighter, & Freighter.

*] All Player Freighters the max cargo now 1200 for the Humpback & Dromedary. 1800 for the Rhino 2, and 2400 for the Armored Transport.

*] We have cap ship encounters in the mod as well, with Battleships, Cruisers, Destroyers, and Gunboats and Fighters. Factions with Cap ship Encounters are: All House Military, Nomads, and the Order. (Nomad Fleets do not have the Battleship)

*] The Navy fleets are very powerful. They also carry Navy Officers, and a Fleet Commander which is worth a lot of Credits.

*] Order weapons have been improved they are now class 7, 9, & 10

*] 2 Billion+ is the new limit for credits on Character. Players also have a bank they can use to store credits on there account. It is good for all Characters for that account and allows you to share Credits with all Characters.

*] All Military Bases now have high paying/high level missions so watch what mission you take as you may not survive.

*) Energy Mine. A very powerful mine to have on your side. Also 5 Energy missile launchers to choose from.

*) 7 new Nomad wrecks in 6 Nomad Infested Systems with surprises on them, and 15 other new wrecks in the other NPC systems. You will have to find them on your own. That is a total of 22 new wrecks have been placed, and one additional Nomad* system opened up to hide the best one in. (In addition, some Vanilla Wrecks have had some Weapons or Commodities changed or increased)

*) The Nomad Home World system is open moreover, it is very populated, to put it mildly. (If you enjoy fighting Nomads, this system has got to be your target destination)

*] All CM's, Energy Missiles, and Mines do not use Ammo. (Simply Turn Them On) or continue to Launch them with your favorite buttons of choice.

*] Beefed up all ships Armor, Botts/Batts, Cargo. All ship can use Class 10 weapons. Info cards show info for all ships.

*] Adjusted the system lighting to make it more comfortable and bring out the textures in Bases and ships.

*] All factions have loot-able pilots.

*] Added many new Jump holes.

*] Made NPC shields loot-able. These shields are not the player shields. They only regenerate at 5 point per sec so are useless to the player but can be sold (Do not make the mistake of mounting one of these just because it is a Class 10, and you have only a Class 5. You WILL be . Sell it as suggested.)

*] Lights are now brighter and look very nice with the Real Space feature.

*] NPC's now take loot. So make sure you grab it before they do or you will have to kill them to get it back.

*] MP Start: - Ship = Patriot - $10,000 Credits - Armor - Shield Generator - CM - Guns: 1xShield Buster - 3xGuns - Class 1 Shield - 20 Bots/Batts. So you will have a nice start.

*] Roll Baby Roll is now in mod. Gives the player the ability to roll and perform other complex maneuvers while in cockpit mode. Not a substitute for the current controll system, Just an extension of it.

*] Open Single Player is built into this mod. Meaning you can play it in SP mode without the storyline. You start with a Startracker and $10,000 credits. You are neutral with everyone except Nomads.

This Mod was created for any and all Players who LOVE playing Freelancer. Whether you Mine, Trade, Pirate, or Fight Pirates. All of the Basic areas of the Original Freelancer scheme have been addressed. For those who love Freelencer, and do not expect to get the best Ship, with the Best Shield, and the Best Weapons in the first TWO Hours of game play, then this mod is for you. As you work your way up to that Hammerhead, or Titan, or Dromedary, you will EARN each new piece of Equipment or up-grade that you get.

Come test your skills on FlyByU's server. He has worked hard to bring you the great feelings of vanilla Freelancer but with lots of new tweaks. Come out and enjoy this great mod. If you want to be in a clan check out the rules for starting a clan on FlyByU's server and come out and have a blast with your clan. (Suggestion, Use your Clan Members to GANG UP on those Nomads)

For Fierce Die Hard Freelancers, these Nomads will now give you a REAL Serious run for your money. If you are made of “The Right Stuff”, these bad boys are the ones that will help you find out what you are really made of!! Then after you prove yourself against the Nomads, step up and take on the ORDER next, HEE HEE HEE!!

PVP is now allowed in all system however Liberty space is PVP free! PVP Rules will are posted on our forum under Server Rules, or just see them below.

A PVP arena in Tohoku it is encased in rock asteroids and on the out side of that is a minefield. you will be able to use a J/H to get to it from New York. Tohoku is nothing but a PVP Arena now you can land on the Blood Dragon (it is neutral to all now) base there to buy Bots/Bats. It is all geared for PVP in that system.

*DO expect to have a fun time for this mod. It is for those who want to kill a lot of NPC's, and enjoy engaging PVP with your friends or enemies.*

*The mod will use FLMM v 1.31 to activate*

Credits/Thanks go to the following Freelancers:

- The mod base is Freelancer SDK 1.3b files by Louva Deus included.

- A special Thank You to Swat-Portal and Freelancer Community. The new home ports for Freelancers.

- Evolutions mod for their outstanding Commodities and Ship Icons (Pilots) and allowing me to use them. Thank you Evolutions Mod Team!

- SWAT_OP-R8R for his Nomad Pilot Icon & help throughout the years of modding Freelancer.

- Louva-Deus for his SDK 1.3b, Planetary Beacon Mod & Real Space mod

- Eagle for his Freelancer Anti Cheat (FLAC)

- JoeBoomz for his IONCROSS Freelancer Server Operator

- Mancer for his Shippack5v1.10

- Crabtree for his Armored Transport mod

- DwnUndr for many errors fixes found in his new Vanilla Starter Pack

- Matthew 'IGx89' Lieder for Freelancer Mod Manager

- Lancer Solurus for his FL Error Checker

- Gibbon for his Armored Transport & Liberty Cruiser Icon

- DwnUndr & Soupman for help with IonCross and FLAC running together, and providing forums for freelancer communities. *They do a great job*

- Aegir for his Roll Baby Roll mod

- Lone Wolf, sev98, Daggit, Hunter Killer, Alexander, and many others that have helped in testing the mod & reporting Errors/Bugs or just in general screw-ups by the modder we wont mention his name.

FlyByU's Freelancer Server Homepage http://home.comcast.net/~flybyu1776/flserver/

Swat-Portal http://www.swat-portal.com/

The Freelancer Community portal.php

EOA http://eoa.seriouszone.com/news.php

Freelancer Anti Cheat (FLAC) portal.php

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:41 pm 

The new wrecks sound good. Those nomad wrecks are very nice to find if you can get to them.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:59 pm 

I had a short session so far with the pre-release, and have seen the Outcasts flying both the Dagger II, and the Sabre II.

The Dagger II that I scanned was using Class 7 Weps, but I did not get a chance to scan the Sabre II. Will try to look around more next time I load that release.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:39 am 

HMMM I wonder what fighting BH's in a HammerHead II would be like. That would be a cool ship to venture through Sirius in. Just something to think about I know your very busy FlyByU but if you get the time I would like to have one.

Profile E-mail