Post subject: July 4th Server Test Info.
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:39 am 

On July 4th the server will be shut down to the public. I will be adding the new version to the server and will also be testing out the new version.

If you would like to help test on July 4th post in this thread and I will send you a link to the latest version of the mod via PM on the forum.

If all goes will you will be able to just use that copy of the mod. If there is a problem report it and I will fix it. Then delete that version and wait for new pm with fixed version to test out. I don't think there will be to many if any problems, but it is best to test it before we open up the server.

Report Bugs/Errors in that thread if you find something. Report Bugs & Errors Here

Here is a check list you can go by

1 Fixed the Val 2's torpedo problem it was a bad set of code. Done

2 Player's Rhineland GB should show 7th Turret now and all should mount properly. Done

3 Have reduced all costs to 75% of what it is was. This should fix a lot of problems and give us more room to add and expand the mod in the future.

4 Just increased the mining of the mod you will not get between 1-40 loot now when you mine or it should anyway. Done

5 Worked over Trade Routes there should be some very good runs for long distance runs now.

7 Added more missions now against BH and Corsair on Ruiz. Done

8 Added Nomads to Toledo as a commodity. Back by popular demand. Done

9 Cruise speed 425, flight speed is now 80. Done

10 Added new armor Order Hybrid Organic armor. Nomad technology allowing it to repair itself. Done

11 Added another Shield Gen MK10 2000 extra to shield Done

12 NPC's now fly in Dagger II Done , Sabre II Done, Defender II Done, Mule II Done, Rhino II Done, Dragon II Done, Valkyrie II Done, Wolfhound II Done, Hammerhead II Done. So you will now see some new action and the updated ships out in Sirius.

13 Went through the npc ship loadouts and found that the BH were not using there class 10 weapons on there Hammerheads. They are now. Done

14 Dragon II can be bought on Kyoto Base now. Blood Dragons also use this ship. In org code there was the kusari HF for the Kusari Navy and the Kusari Dragon HF for the Blood Dragons. It was basically the same ship. So I decided to fix this in the mod as well. I also took the Falcon off Kyoto Base as it just didn't make sense to have it there. Done

15 Nomad Prototype fires 10 per sec now that's 600rpm. Of course with the faster fire rate it also drains energy more. Done

16 Added a total of 5 new wrecks total. Done

17 Added the Hammerhead II 22,000 armor - 150 cargo - 150bots/bats - 7 guns Sold at Sheffield Station. BH now use HH 2 in encounters as well. Done

18 Added weapons to Toledo and Monkey/Robot planets Docking ring Done

19 Tractor Beams should go to spec range now when you hit loot all button Done

20 When you kill a Nomad Gunboat it should show as a Capship kill. Done

21 Tweaked encounters all over Sirius.

If I missed any please add to the list.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: July 4th Server Test Info.
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:55 am 

I will offer as much time as my wife will give me.....
That Sun Shine and Beach time cuts pretty deep.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:09 am 

Lone-Wolf wrote:
I will offer as much time as my wife will give me.....
That Sun Shine and Beach time cuts pretty deep.

Yeah it wont be the best day for testing, but we can get some done and basically test the new stuff, old bugs, and trade routes.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:22 pm 

Hello FlyByU, this is my first post, my Players on the server @ the moment are Lomar & Airborne. I have enjoyed the game so far & would be glad to help in testing your new vs of the mod. I consider it a privilege to be a part of it, thanks.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:29 pm 

Hi FlyBy yes i whould like to help test the Beta .

Player Characters -: RECON

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:45 pm 

OK guys thanks for offering.

Main thing is just do what you normally do with your characters and report anything that isn't right ASAP.

Here are somethings to check on NPC's flying the new ships like the Sabre II, Dagger II, Hammerhead II, Rhino II, etc... Check the commodities trade routes out report any gravy runs so to speak. I mean as in 1 or 2 systems and you make a ton of money that wouldn't be well balanced. If you have a Val II or want one check to see if both Torpedo or cd or a combo of both work properly. Ruiz base should offer BH and Corsair missions now. That much off top of my head. I will post a change log in here so you can kinda do a check list. i'll get the link to the test version to both of you via pm here on the forum.

Again thank You very much.

EDIT:

Here is a check list you can go by

1 Fixed the Val 2's torpedo problem it was a bad set of code.

2 Player's Rhineland GB should show 7th Turret now and all should mount properly.

3 Have reduced all costs to 75% of what it is was. This should fix a lot of problems and give us more room to add and expand the mod in the future.

4 Just increased the mining of the mod you will not get between 1-40 loot now when you mine or it should anyway.

5 Worked over Trade Routes there should be some very good runs for long distance runs now.

7 Added more missions now against BH and Corsair on Ruiz. Done

8 Added Nomads to Toledo as a commodity. Back by popular demand. Done

9 Cruise speed 425, flight speed is now 80. Done

10 Added new armor Order Hybrid Organic armor. Nomad technology allowing it to repair itself. Done

11 Added another Shield Gen MK10 2000 extra to shield Done

12 NPC's now fly in Dagger II , Sabre II Done, Defender II, Mule II, Rhino II, Dragon II Done, Valkyrie II, Wolfhound II, Hammerhead II Done. So you will now see some new action and the updated ships out in Sirius.

13 Went through the npc ship loadouts and found that the BH were not using there class 10 weapons on there Hammerheads. They are now. Done

14 Dragon II can be bought on Kyoto Base now. Blood Dragons also use this ship. In org code there was the kusari HF for the Kusari Navy and the Kusari Dragon HF for the Blood Dragons. It was basically the same ship. So I decided to fix this in the mod as well. I also took the Falcon off Kyoto Base as it just didn't make sense to have it there. Done

15 Nomad Prototype fires 10 per sec now that's 600rpm. Of course with the faster fire rate it also drains energy more. Done

16 Added a total of 5 new wrecks total. Done

17 Added the Hammerhead II 22,000 armor - 150 cargo - 150bots/bats - 7 guns Sold at Sheffield Station. BH now use HH 2 in encounters as well. Done

18 Added weapons to Toledo and Monkey/Robot planets Docking ring Done

19 Tractor Beams should go to spec range now when you hit loot all button Done

20 When you kill a Nomad Gunboat it should show as a Capship kill.

21 Tweaked encounters all over Sirius.

If I missed any please add to the list.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:58 pm 

unfortunately its a school day so i could only play a short while anyway. but hope to be checking it out asap.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:12 pm 

In my testing so far, I have seen the Sabre II, Dagger II, Dragon II, and Rhino II.

I have not yet seen the HH II.

And, Tractor beams, at least in SP have been tested to max range for each with "B" Key.
Might want to have MP Confirmation anyway....

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:16 am 

Version 70a is now on server. It is being tested over July 4th 2012. It will be open to the rest of the players on July 5th 2012

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:18 am 

Found an Error on the hammerhead II. it listed as 7guns and 1 turret it only has 7 guns. I have corrected that error and it will still show up as it is in all test versions. The final will show the correct info.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:24 am 

tried to download 70A using your links. just took me to a home page with no download.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:56 am 

garrydal wrote:
tried to download 70A using your links. just took me to a home page with no download.

It's just the test running right now. Do you want to join the test crew? I'll send you a PM on the forum and give you a link and password to get on and test it out.

8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 17, are done working on more.

Profile E-mail