Post subject: Unexpected Destruction!!!
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:45 pm 

Two times (2x's) today on the server, my ship has exploded to no fault of mine/NPC's/Mines/etc...etc... just flying along in cruise and BOOM!!! :x

I am experiencing no lag and with a 0% loss. I ping the server around 34-55 and in game from 37-74. No reason for this to be happening at all.

Now, I have lost 2 loads of 70 BH's, thrusters, shields & misc, weapons in the process. What the heck is going on?

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post subject: Re: Unexpected Destruction!!!
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:09 pm 

HunterKiller wrote:
Two times (2x's) today on the server, my ship has exploded to no fault of mine/NPC's/Mines/etc...etc... just flying along in cruise and BOOM!!! :x

I am experiencing no lag and with a 0% loss. I ping the server around 34-55 and in game from 37-74. No reason for this to be happening at all.

Now, I have lost 2 loads of 70 BH's, thrusters, shields & misc, weapons in the process. What the heck is going on?

HunterKiller wrote:
Logged back in a few minutes ago and got a lot of Red lag. Player Lomar or, w/e was on the server when I logged in. Next thing you know, disconnected and now, I cannot find the server and I have been on it all day.

At the time, my ping was 56/0% loss

I also saw a strange feature today. I went to the server list, and saw there was one player Logged on already. when I got on, I hit "Y" to see who it was. There was no player there but me. I thought, "Now we have Ghost Players??" I then jumped on the server machine with Teamviewer, and saw that you were logged on, but when I logged back on, I could not see you..

I know if the server drops a player, it may still hold them as logged on for a time. If it thought you were still on, it may have flown you into a planet since you were in Cruise, while it still had you logged in?? Or, if you were experiencing lag, it may have seen it as a Cheat when it blew you up??

FLAC does have some features that will Auto-Kill a player that it views as cheating. If something in the delay gave FLAC that impression, that could be the reason,,,Only a guess though. It has kicked me a couple of times while just going through Jump Gates, and showed a message that I was "Hyper Jumping".

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:05 pm 

Just checked the event log and FLAC had you as using a thruster speed mod and it killed you. Must of been lag I think it may happen when there is lag between the server and player. I think what happen was you was losing connection to the server in bursts thus the lag. I checked with Comcast and the tech says everything is working fine on this end had them run some tests to be sure.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:27 pm 

I just hate losing all my loot after grinding all day for tidbits, mainly, Gunslinger weapons. Over 900 BH's and nothing but guns, bats & bots and pilots, all day. No Countermeasures at all like I used to get, not even one. Haven't even been able to set my ship up and I've put in nearly 20 hours on the server , unlike before, I was set up pretty good and already in the Border Worlds.

Finally got the Dagger and has to transfer the Countermeasure on it just to buy it.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:24 pm 

HunterKiller wrote:
I just hate losing all my loot after grinding all day for tidbits, mainly, Gunslinger weapons. Over 900 BH's and nothing but guns, bats & bots and pilots, all day. No Countermeasures at all like I used to get, not even one. Haven't even been able to set my ship up and I've put in nearly 20 hours on the server , unlike before, I was set up pretty good and already in the Border Worlds.

Finally got the Dagger and has to transfer the Countermeasure on it just to buy it.

Hey when you are on LW or Sev98 will get you the loot back to compensate you fro the loss.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:24 am 

Thanks but, it wouldn't amount to much anyway. It's just the fact that it was lost due to unexpected circumstances.