Post subject: ***Update v70b***
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:34 am 

Well guys I have started working on v70b of the mod.

Here is a list of changes and additions to the mod. Post here if there is a bug/error you have found that needs fixed.

*Modify Gunboat turrets to Capship spec's - Type 1 Turret: hull damage = 840 energy damage = 626 power usage = 120 8.33 shot per sec Type 2 Turret: hull damage = 1750 energy damage = 1304 power usage = 250 4 shot per sec Done

*Added more Bots/Batts to Armored Transport 400, Gunship 700, and Liberty Cruiser 1500. Done Updated 9/23/2012

*Reduced numbers of NPC ship's amount & time before re-spawns as it is now on server - Done

*Aborting Missions has higher rep hit with faction you abort mission with. This has been in effect for some time with the Order and Military it now applies to all factions that give missions. Done

*Mission Success has a slightly higher rep increase by + 2 points or more for some factions. Done

*Add the proper amount of hull to the Wolfhound II it showed as 20,000 but I had only the amount of the Wolfhound on it. So expect the Wolfhound II top be a little tougher enemy when you meet him again. Also those that have the Wolfhound II will and should notice a huge difference in its protection. Done

*Several ships has been upgraded with more hull points, cargo space, and bots/bats. Look at the ship list I have posted to see the difference if any to the ships. Not all ships have been changed but many have. Done

*Change Ship System Speed VHF and Freighter 80 the normal on server now. HF & MF 90, LF 100. NPC's are also affected by this change as well. Done

*Add the Osiris Battleship as a base in Omicron Minor. It Sales Equipment, Commodities, and a New Order VHF you will have to get up there to check it out. Having the new base in Omicron Minor coupled with the reduced amount of NPC's will make a difference in the amount of time taken to explore and map all systems. If you are in the hunt for the fastest explorer award you might want to make a new character and start remapping again so you can take advantage of all the changes. Done

*Add the new requested guns for Trojan Warriors Clan to Malta They are called Trojan Warrior Gun and Turret and listed as code weapons. Done

*Add Masters to Monkey planet they are now listed as Code Weapons and are around the same performance as well. Per player and user request. Done

*Change the start of the mod in open single player to normal Freelancer reputation and 10,000 credits as I see that 99% of the people that play the mod are only using it in Single Player and the neutral rep and 1.9 billion start money probably just ruins the full experience they can have with the mod.

*Modify Cruiser turrets to Capship spec's - Type 1 Turret: hull damage = 1080 energy damage = 906 power usage = 154 8.33 shot per sec Done

*Make shields for Capships only - The new Capship shields are Graviton based and start at a capacity of 112,000 and a recharge rate of 2100 up to 560000 and 10500. There are 6 new capship shields that can be used. MK1 you get with ship the MK2 - MK6 are available on the shipyards and Planet Malta. I tested against Falcons and didn't take any damage. However, the Nomads done a plethora of damage. Thus the larger capacity. These shields will not fit on any other ship nor will any other shields fit on the Capships. Done Updated 9/23/2012

*Modify Capships to use Capship shields only Done

*Modify all ships so they are unable able to accept Capship Shields. - Done

*Add Juneau Shipyard to Alaska. It now exclusively sales the Defender 2 and the Liberty Cruiser Done

*Prison Station Mitchell in Alaska is now useable. Added Rooms, populated it so its no longer black when you land there Done

*Prison Station Mitchell and Juneau Shipyard both have missions as do most of the NPC's in the bar. Done

*Prison Station Mitchell and Juneau Shipyard both have commodities dealers and equipment dealers now. Done

*Add 2 new wrecks. Done

*Change the Gunboat hull to 60,000 and the Cruiser hull to 120,000. With the best armor on it will be as hard to destroy as those in the fleets you fight. Done

*Add CM's to player Gunboat & Cruiser. Done

*Add Commodities and Ships to Planet Primus and Planet Gammu Done

*5 new commodity added that should bring about true long haul trade runs. WE can adjust this as we get player feedback in the future. I think you will like this once you discover it. I'll give you a hint its found on 5 different shipyards throughout Sirius. Done Updated: 2/26/2012

*Add an Outcast Shipyard to Omicron Alpha. Done

*Add Yellow Enemy Target Reticle Done

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: ***Update v70b***
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:05 am 

Sounds good to me! That gunboat might be able to survive on it's own now. I nearly got killed in severl times in omicron theta. The main problem I had was the amount of time it took to dispactch a hamerhead. I had to rely heavily on those missile turrets since they were the only weapons that had any punch to them. Thaks for fixing that!

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:55 am 

:shock: Oh my, what else to add to the fun! :P

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:26 pm 

really missing the fun looking forward to october half term when i hope to have a break. Boy new examination boards really suck:(. Hardly read any posts or emails lately. too busy with the grind of day to day stuff sorry guys be back as soon as i can.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:22 am 

NP sev98 get on when you can.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:20 am 

Updated:

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:46 pm 

If all goes as planned I will have v70b out for D/L and on server by Friday Sept 28 2012

I am wrapping it up today doing a few finishing touches and a few more tests that I can do in SP done and out of the way.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:42 pm 

Question what color do you want the Target Reticle

There are 3 Screen Shots below Weigh in now so I have an Idea which one to go with.

YELLOW

ORANGE The one we use now

RED a little brighter then the vanilla

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:15 pm 

Wow FBU, I was going to vote the same as we have until I saw the Yellow recticle. The color difference will improve skill in my humble opinion. Excellant work & thanks for allowing the vote! :P :o

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:53 pm 

With a green dot in the center. :)

I don't mind the orange one though. Looks ok to me.

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:30 pm 

**Paladin** wrote:
Wow FBU, I was going to vote the same as we have until I saw the Yellow recticle. The color difference will improve skill in my humble opinion. Excellant work & thanks for allowing the vote! :P :o

Reason I came up with yellow was because I was playing around and thought what color would show up good in a fight. So yellow popped into my head I tried it out and loved it myself. I think if the guys give it a shot they would fall for it as well.

Here is a mini mod for this so you guys can try it out.

http://www.filebox.com/gecg5vdmdbtu

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:52 pm 

Yellow will be fine, FBU. :)

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:03 pm 

Well FBU, I tried the Yellow Recitcle Mod and think it is awesome. When mines have one blinded from the flashes one can still see the recticle and bring it on target faster. Just made about 45 mil using it against the BH's in Omicron Theta. I hope for the next vs that if you decide to leave it as it was that you could modify the Yellow mini-mod to use in the next vs for those that would like to use it. It doesn't turn yellow unless one is very close to dead on target. Any other time it is as it has been. Just thought I'd think that out loud for all. Great :idea: 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:08 pm 

I seem to have missed explaining that part Paladin. This reticle is only yellow when you are red with an NPC base, object, or ship.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:35 pm 

Guys I went ahead and changed the Enemy targeting reticle to yellow. I am sure you all will like this feature. If you do not like this I will make a mini mod to replace it with the orange one that we have used for some time now. Having Real Space look this reticle should give you an edge and be able to keep on target better then the vanilla red or orange reticle.

Profile E-mail