Post subject: ***Update v70d***
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:34 pm 

Well guys I want to talk about Update v70d of the mod.

Here are some thing I want to change or add.

Change Nanobots/Shield Batteries from 600 to 1,200 the cost would also be 2x the amount they are now as well. AS will the resale value :) I was thinking everything in this mod has changed except the Bots/Batts over the last several years of this mod progressing to where it is today. The Hulls have gotten stronger (more hit points) the weapons damage is a lot more then it was in previous version and yet the bots/batts have stayed the same. So I think its time for them to move up with the rest of the mod and time to update the oldest thing unchanged over the years. Now what do you all think about this Idea?

*Add Capship weapons to Shipyards. Missile Turret, and ? You tell me what fire rate would be nice for a gun turret. Done
*Fix missions on Katipo Base Done
*Change Bots/Batts to Repair/Recharge 1000 instead of 600 Done
*Add new commodity icons from Ezrail Done
*Make Cruiser Turrets and Gunboat turrets non interchangeable between ships Done

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: ***Update v70d***
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:44 pm 

Alright FBU now I get what you were saying in game, great idea. I forgot what mod I played that did just that & it helped a lot. In areas where confidence is high you can sell all to a certain point and make $ on those drops as well. :lol: More fun!

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:14 pm 

I know that before, bats/bots were costing 700 credits and doing much more repair than now. I was always taking on NPC's without them because, I sold them all for the credits. About the only time I ever used them was when I went into the Unkwns.

Sounds good to me and the buying/selling price is ok as well.

All I ask is, not to push them out every three days or so, I'm trying to come up here.

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:02 pm 

HunterKiller wrote:
All I ask is, not to push them out every three days or so, I'm trying to come up here.

1st: I don't always have time to mod so when I do I make the most of it.

2nd: This is a work in progress and is always updating when we have an update. It doesn't take more the 5min to download and activate the new update so its not that big a deal.

3rd: If you like getting bug fixes and new things added and other things changed to make the mod and your gaming experience better then you will want to get these updates as they roll out.

4th: The Updates are put on server so they can be player tested and bugs found otherwise we cannot move forward. Would you rather have 510 things added changed and take months to mod in then find 30 bugs that wont get fixed for another 6months to a year? Or have a few things added to a bug free mod and only have 2 or three bugs and have them fixed with in a few days or a week or two?

5th: Updating the mod does nothing to your Characters it doesn't stop your advancement as long as you play and do your best to advance.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:53 pm 

j/k nothing to get uptight about :)

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:27 pm 

HunterKiller wrote:
j/k nothing to get uptight about :)

Not uptight just explaining my reason for doing it that way HK.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:35 pm 

Hey, here's one for ya, increase the trade lane speed to 5,000 instead of, 2500. :)

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:39 pm 

what i would love to see is my ping less than a hundred hehe. weell i guess thats comcast or whoevers job eh:)

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:49 pm 

I played with a mod that had high cost of nanos and batts. It was exepensive when i had to buy them which was often because the gun dmage and difficulty was high and I had a herd time just surviving. It's called Before freeport 7 nd I payed it in single player mode.
But here on this mod I can really see it as an asset to have the price higer. I do need to use them sometimes but I get replacements when I make a kill so some times it evens out and sometimes it costs me. I've learnd a few tricks to surviving in the early part of the game when the enemy ships are not too well armed and I know I can make money selling those things. 1200 is a high price, and I think it will be good if yuo can do what hunter killer says and give them a higher repair and replenish value. I don't know if you can do that part . but it might work out just as well as is anyway. I know I'd sell more of them if they cost more. Especially in the early part of my toons. After a while I'll stop selling them at any cost because I need them to survive. Like when I'm being hounded by a bunch of heavy weight hammerheads.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:57 am 

I think that's gonna be cool I still have problems with some NPC's and higher repair rate seems just nice. I spoke with FBU about it and I thought that maybe double amount is maybe to much and will ruin balance but as he said it's no problem to tone it down if it doesn't work good after 1200 is tested.
As u asked for gun turret I always somehow saw them as low fire rate but powerful weapons. If you ask me any turret shouldn't be above 4.00 fire rate, but that's only my opinion.
I agree with HK about raising tlr speed maybe not double but something like 3500 or 4000.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:33 am 

I played that mod, Before Freeport 7 many years ago and still have it in my, 'Archive of Freelancer Mods' I have collected over the years. Probably as many if not, more than Starport and TLR have. I never got rid of any I downloaded. 10 years of collecting them. Some, just server side and since the servers are no longer up and the forums for them are gone, idk what I can do with them. Just keep them is all. :(

As for the bats & bots, they used to cost 700 credits here and had a 1000 repair capacity. 1200 credits for one bat or, bot is just too much for me. I'll try to survive without them then. I do pretty good now, without them.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:45 am 

OK we can go with same price and go with 1,000 repair for each to start out. That's an extra 400 over what they are now. A compromise not going to high with the repair and not increasing price. As to the speed of the TL I like it at 2500 personally I think the higher speed would ruin trade in the mod. Everything would be about 2x faster then what it is now meaning 2x more trade income then I'd have unbalanced trade goods because of the speed. I like the Vanilla speed on TL's for balance.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:49 am 

It's your call. :)

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:02 pm 

Well guys I got the missions working on Katipo base. The fix will be in this update.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:48 pm 

:lol: :lol: YEAH! Good going FBU, I knew you'd get the problem solved. Look forward to taking a few missions on the new base. :P :wink:

Profile E-mail