Player Characters -: RECON

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: ***Update v70e***
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:32 pm 

Human Ktulu wrote:
Hi all,

Widescreen support ?

Joel

I can try to add that in not sure how at this time... Thought that was something the players did on their own.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:13 pm 

Hello FlybyU,

Of course I can modify package to support widescreen, but server will not consider that like a cheat and ban my account ?

Thx !
Joel

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:48 pm 

Human Ktulu wrote:
Hello FlybyU,

Of course I can modify package to support widescreen, but server will not consider that like a cheat and ban my account ?

Thx !
Joel

I do not think it will go ahead and try it out and if it does report it and we will get you taken care of. I don't think it will because that should be in your preference folder that is not in the FL folder iirc.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:33 pm 

I loaded something that I think was wide screen, and it was like running Letter Box on my screen. Black Bar Top & Bottom. Had to change the settings back.
Could be my monitor is not wide enough to use that.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:13 am 

Yep me to i tryed got it running , it fitted the screen but the text was all over the place , Gibbons is the first i have seen , that runs in HD .

Player Characters -: RECON

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:01 am 

Azra, If you are able to get on and post, this is the thread for those Batts & Botts changes you propose.
LW.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:10 am 

I can relate the high repair costs.
However I noticed when you have a wing-man you have less damage and less costly repairs. That should encourage you to seek out a competent pilot to fly with. I try to find them whenever I can. Especially when dealing with nomads. We have a lot competent pilots on this server. The problem is timing. you can't always be on at the same time. But that's why you have more than one toon. I keep an eye on who's playing. If anyone want's to go after nomads I'll be glad to help out with that. Keep in mind that you will not, I repeat NOT get any good drops until your CW is 700 million. So take your time. I myself need to build up my CW again after loaning nearly 300 mill to another player. Be careful when loaning money you need it as much as the other guy does.
. . . Daggit out

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:15 am 

Widescreen? I loaded a widescreen mod but it conflicts with FlyByU mod. So I don't use it on this mod. Besides. Even though I'm using a widescreen monitor the picture look right on my screen anyway. in the wide-screen mod the hud looks closed in on the screen. Studff that should be no the top is slightly below the top. Also the weapons box and scanner are not on the edge like they should be.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:25 am 

Is it time for 70-E yet? That's up to you FlyByU. I've been here since 70-A. The changes have come fast for me, but I've kept up anyway. every change you made was an improvement so far. I still haven't flown the revised Rhineland gunboat. but I've heard it's good. As for any improvement I think that would help; Well nomad equipment should bring a slightly higher price than it does. The most you can get for a shield is 52 mill. And a scanner brings less than 2 mill in good shape. That seem low for such good equipment. Especially when you consider what it costs to get the stuff.
Any way. I think i'm almost ready for the next version. Not that I'm in any hurry. Old men like me don't hurry. I tell that to all the ladies but that doesn't seem to help.
. . . Daggit out

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:33 am 

There's one more thing I think would help. I've played the pirate role, and it's hard to make money from loot. You only have two shipyards to sell at. They are in the most dangerous places in sirius. you can't really get here until you build your toon up. so you can fix that by two means. You can put a third pirate shipyard somewhere less dangerous like New London. Or you can increae the sale price of things like scanners, Tractor beams and thrusters at all pirate bases. Pirates don't have access to regular shipyards and I think there should be an allowance for that.
. . .Daggit out

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:53 am 

Lone-Wolf wrote:
Azra, If you are able to get on and post, this is the thread for those Batts & Botts changes you propose.
LW.

Azra was chatting with me about Tiered?? Batts and Botts. More Repair, Shield recharge for more $$.

Multiple levels of them at a spread of Costs/Ability?? or something like that. Not clear to me how it was set up, he could probably explain it better.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:24 pm 

Due to the high loss that Inter-space commerce has been taking due to pirate activities. Rumor has it that they are offering high bounties on pirates at heir bases. How much you get depends on what pirates you have and where you sell them. for instance the Blood Dragons have been hitting the gold shipments coming to the shipyards in Kusari. Therefore they are offering a high bounty for Blood Dragons at Ropongi. The G.C. have been hitting mainly luxury goods shipments and supplies so the bounty on them is not quite as high. Other pirates won't bring as much at Ropongi. On the other hand if you go to Newark station in New York you will get more for liberty Rogues as they have been hitting the gold shipments head for Baltimore shipyard and Norfolk. The outcasts are mainly concerned with basic supplies and have cost them less in insurance benefits. Xenos are mainly after the arms shipment so they will bring a higher price than outcast but not as high as rogues. Bonn station has been taking heavy losses from the Unioners due to their attacks on Niobium shipments in Rhineland And the Bundschu have been hitting the gold bound for Oder shipyard. Therefore Bonn is paying high bounties on these pirates. Of course I.C. is eager to stop all Junker activities since the local law enforcement won't do any thing about them. The same goes for the Hogosha.

Keep these things in mind.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:36 am 

Lone-Wolf wrote:
In my years of playing FL, I have seen some truly ELITE players who often get bored when the severity of the challenge is reduced to allow lesser capable players to partake at their level of play.

What would be the possibility of having a base, perhaps the Osiris, which would hold all equipment needed to re-fit the ship for flight, be used to reach systems, like maybe the Nomad Lair System, or the Nomad Home World System, where these Elite Players could find a Nomad Fleet that would give them the challenge they are seeking?

Would those Elite Players find 3 to 6 Nomad Battleships, + 10 to 12 Nomad Gunboats, and + about 16 to 24 Nomad fighters in a fleet a reasonable challenge?

And, can these options be set up in these isolated areas, without causing such imbalances to show up in other locations??

Double Posting...Been known to be a No No in some forums, but I want to make sure this gets in the correct thread..

Profile E-mail