Post subject: Re: ***Update v70e***
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:24 pm 

As per the previous post by Lone Wolf. I like the sound of that. When I get bored it sounds like the kind of thing I might want to do. It would be a lot like the story line battles except you's have more players involved. I wonder how smoothly the game will run with that many players in one spot? I guess that depends on ones ping. But will we get enough players on line at one time to do it? I'll be optimistic and say yes. I see as many as 7 players on Freelancer Universe at one time. This server is at least as much fun as Freelancer Universe. Maybe more! I know I like it better. But I was never able to load the mod for Freelancer Universe and always felt like other players had an advantage over me. I'm practicing my Fleet engagement skills, but I know how much damage Nomad ships can inflict on you fighter. Even doing missions with the Order helping me I have a 95% chance of getting too much damage to make a profit.
I know we're giving you a lot to think about. I hope you're up to the challenge. After all of this you might be wondering why you didn't just become a software designer and get paid for it.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:44 am 

Quote:
But I was never able to load the mod for Freelancer Universe and always felt like other players had an advantage over me.

FLU uses the 1.14 Mod Manager, I believe. That's probably why you weren't able to load the mod. However, I don't understand your sentence. You couldn't or, you did?

Edit:
I just went to the FLU site and yes, it uses the Freelancer Mod Manager 1.14 beta 4 to install their mod.

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:03 am 

If memory serves me correctly, the two versions of Mod Manager were 1.3 and 1.4 weren't they?

I think FBU uses the older, 1.3 version. Something to do with it being more stable with many mods??

The picture posted with the second post of the "Down Load Here" thread shows 1.3 on that screen,

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:06 am 

Yes, FBU uses the 1.31 as with most mods you play today, however, some mods are still using the 1.4 & 1.5 beta so, just think and check to be sure, for the mod you're thinking of downloading, as to what MM they need to be installed with. I really liked FLU back in the day but, with it using the 1.4, it was causing me not to be able to play other mods so, I uninstalled it and left FLU behind.

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:55 pm 

HunterKiller wrote:
Quote:
But I was never able to load the mod for Freelancer Universe and always felt like other players had an advantage over me.

FLU uses the 1.14 Mod Manager, I believe. That's probably why you weren't able to load the mod. However, I don't understand your sentence. You couldn't or, you did?

Edit:
I just went to the FLU site and yes, it uses the Freelancer Mod Manager 1.14 beta 4 to install their mod.

I couldn't load the mod for some reason. I do beleive that I has new version of Mod Manager at the time but I was missing another add on either SDK or Jasons Freelancer patch. I'm not sure. Memory isn't much good any more.

Profile E-mail