should the mod have its prices and credits cut?
Poll ended at Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:50 am
yes by half 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
yes to a quarter 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
no 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
yes by 90% 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9

Post subject: next generation and the future of the mod discussion
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:50 am 

you mayhave noticed that if you have a top of the range ship, kitted out with top of the range shields, thrusters, armour, generators, and power plants the loot drop virtually ceases with only a few bats and bots. this is due to a hard coded limit of about 2.3 billion $ in freelancer. If your ship, equipment and cash reach this limit then it is treated pretty much as zero by the game.
There is nothing that can be done to increase this unless microsoft released the game code itself.
with the best equipment costing a billion it is easy to reach this total so your perfect ship is just a fancy toy and has little use in the game.
To overcome this issue i would like to propose an idea for discussion.

All prices commodities, missions, ships and equipment be at least halved in price. This would include cash on your characters and in the bank. The reason for this is that it keeps the play and the feel of the mod the same but gives you chance to use your ideal ships in game. it also gives room for further additions and changes to the mod in terms of ships and equipment

I have chatted with FBU in game about this and he asked me to post this for discussion. He suggested reduce to a quarter of their current values. please give a sensible reasoned discussion for this issue. I understand it is not an easy task as it would involve changing many of the mod files, probably repeated tedious work. ( I am no modder so i dont know exactly what is involveed. This is an easy fix to the upper limit problem. as far as I know no modder has found a way round it. You can still earn your 2 billion but what you have at the satrt is reduced.
your current characters would still keep their equivalent cash and bank credits.

Post subject: Re: next generation and the future of the mod discussion
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:00 pm 

I feel it might be better to go 1/4 what it is now that way I can add more to the game in ships, equipment etc. The way it is now if I add more it it unbalances the mod because I cannot make things more expensive. If I keep lowering prices to add more soon it wouldn't be any different then any other mod.

Now if we do this I suggest you move as much to your bank as possible it will make it a lot easier for me to change over.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:11 pm 

I didn't vote yet, until after some discussion goes through.

I think the primary issue with the 2 billion Cap is the Re-Sale Value of any Mounted equipment, and Ships at Ship Dealer, if those items were set to 25% of the Purchase Price, then all ships would be better used for longer periods of time. (Right now, I think that value is around 30%)??

If the original sale prices stay the same as they are now, (along with: Missions, commodities, and so forth), and the Re-sell value that shows in the Equipment Dealer, and the Ship dealer is 25% of Purchase Price, I think that would resolve this problem.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:30 pm 

Ship resale is hard coded.

All items will be reduced by x amount if people want to go that route. all items in game including cash on hand and in bank will be ratio of what final cost is.

Say you have a dagger ship it is now around 12 mill to buy it as is. now if changed buy 1/4 it will be 3mill for it and all items it comes with. commodities will be reduced by 1/4 they are now all items guns etc will be. What this will do is give me some room to add better stuff to mod. you will still have what you have and it will still be hard to get it will just makes FBUFLSM mod go on the gold standard instead of the inflated price it is now.

Nothing changes except the inflated prices and money on character will have to be changed because your credit will be worth a lot more if we go this route.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:26 pm 

Half or Quarter either one should do the trick that is desired.

I just bought a 15 Armor for one ship, and can not reduce the value enough to buy another ship. The extra 300 mill in resale set my ship value over 2 billion.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:59 pm 

Yes however, when I add more stuff like armor, shield Gens etc the price will go up. So at 1/2 we may run into this problem later on in the future as well.

Just some thoughts we don't have to do this at all. Just remember if you get the capships it may cap your loot as well.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:01 pm 

I think 1/4 is the way to go and see what happens .

Player Characters -: RECON

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:07 pm 

its like divide every cash option on the mod by 4. your 2 billion ship becomes a 500 million ship. that means you have options for a further 1.5 billion on that ship/char before you hit the limit. 1000000 missions become 250000 missions. 500 mill generatore becomes 125 mill generator, bank cash 1 billion becomes 250 million. 400 million cash on your char becomes 100 million. easy option nothing in the mod changes just the absolute values, relative values stay the same. the time to make the money stays the same etc.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:10 pm 

sev98 wrote:
its like divide every cash option on the mod by 4. your 2 billion ship becomes a 500 million ship. that means you have options for a further 1.5 billion on that ship/char before you hit the limit. 1000000 missions become 250000 missions. 500 mill generatore becomes 125 mill generator, bank cash 1 billion becomes 250 million. 400 million cash on your char becomes 100 million. easy option nothing in the mod changes just the absolute values, relative values stay the same. the time to make the money stays the same etc.

Thanks Sev98 that explains it very well.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:36 pm 

sev98 wrote:
, relative values stay the same.

Well, since I like most of my relatives anyway, that is cool too. :mrgreen: :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:40 am 

my vote is in. Im nowhere near the limit but might get there in a couple of years

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:11 pm 

Although I voted no, after reading everyones thoughts on the matter I must agree with the idea of reducing prices for the reasons given. No one want's to get to the point where they can't earn more. But if you think of it, erning money by selling loot will be a slower procces than it currently is. So players will be tempted to take more missions or sell more goods. It's something to consider. Reducinig everything by a fourth will still play about the same because you will not need as much earnings to get your next upgade or ship. It just might work! the dagger will be cheaper but you will still need to play for a while before you can buy it.
For me the idea of playing longer is appealing. I've been playing since 2003. And I do get bored with a toon after a while. But I've always just gone back to the beginning. At least with these changes you've made my toons will be entertaing for a longer period of time. Who knows, I might even stay in the same character for a year or more if it proves sufficiently entertaining.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:47 pm 

Quote:
daggit wrote: No one want's to get to the point where they can't earn more. But if you think of it, erning money by selling loot will be a slower procces than it currently is. So players will be tempted to take more missions or sell more goods. It's something to consider. Reducinig everything by a fourth will still play about the same because you will not need as much earnings to get your next upgade or ship. It just might work! the dagger will be cheaper but you will still need to play for a while before you can buy it.

the play will be the same, themoney eared is reduced by a quarter so are the sale prices and buying prices. everything reains in balance as now.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:53 pm 

Now how does that quote thingy work:)

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:13 am 

sev98 wrote:
Now how does that quote thingy work:)

Select quote on lower right side then post under what it shows you.

Also need to get your opinions in and vote because I have to start on the new version soon as in a day or two because this is going to take some time to get done. I want to release the new version July 5th.

So get your opinion in and suggestions and bug/error reports in the threads about them time is running out.

Profile E-mail