Post subject: Computer/Software Questions and Issues.
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:24 am 

Daggit wrote:
Now my software is not working properly. I can't log in due to technical problems with FLMM and FlyByU mod. I don't know when if ever I'll get this fixed.
____________________________________________________Daggit out.

HunterKiller wrote:
Uh, what sort of problems? Can you elaborate a bit more concerning the problem? Open in a new thread so's not to change this one for what it is. Thanks.

Good Idea HK!

Daggit, if you can state what you did, or were doing at the time of this mishap, perhaps there is someone out there that can offer ideas for corrective action.

The first thing I would ask is, did you by any chance load another mod, and then launch FL with that loaded? Some Mods leave bits of themselves in the FL code that conflict with other mods, and will not let them load cleanly. If that might be the case, then perhaps a clean install of the porgrams involved would be the next step??

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Computer/Software Questions and Issues.
 Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:24 am 

Right! I did load Genesis. But I always do a clean install when problems arise. I sometimes have to uninstall before I can do that. when that happens I end up with a new FLID no. It's got something to do with a program I loaded up a while back. It's called freelancr ID generator. Every time I do a fresh install I get a new number, and it won't even accept the default Id number on the game disk. I don't even know how to get rid of the program.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:12 am 

The FL-ID-Generator??

Open Programs, Scroll down to the Add Remove Programs Icon, Find that Program name on the list, and Click on it. It will ask you if you are sure you want to remove this program, Click Yes if you do.

When I had an ID problem, I tried that also. It would not take my original either, and I could not get online with any it generated for me. Kept telling me they were invalid...

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:22 am 

I have that same program and have had it since the beginning of it's creation and to this day, I've never had any problems with Freelancer, installing it or, whatnot. I also have several Freelancer installs for each mod I pay.

Whenever you do a fresh install and go online, Freelancer will always create a new MPIP, however, you just delete that one and add your original ID in return. I still have two of my first ever FLID's and have re-installed Freelancer on several PC's at least 100 times now and from server to server, those that don't do player wipes, all my characters have still been there. These ID's are 10 y/o.

Another thing I use is, the Freelancer Account Manager. I have used it for years because it too, creates an ID for all your characters/accounts, separate from the Freelancer ID. Once it does this and it creates a file, I locate the file that holds all the Signature/Codes it generates and put them in another file then, I save them to an External HDD or, Thumb-Drive. If something happens to my system, I can always replace them after I re-install everything. I also do this even when I have to change MPID's. Since they are coded differently than how Freelancer codes your game, they can be used on any Freelancer MP account you have created.

All that aside, always write down your FL-MPID and put it somewhere. Pencil & Paper are still of some use in this world and always will be. Not only do I write that/those ID's down, I also write all the Sig/Codes in the Freelancer Account Manager down, they can be manually added to the FLAM. I know it's time consuming but, if you want to save what you have, you can't always count on any PC to do it. Not only that, you can also take a screen shot of them then, print them out and put them somewhere.

That's not all, many Server Ops maintain backup files in case something happens to your installed game/account and they can replace your characters for you, no matter what MPID you have changed too.

Hope this helps?

HK

Note: I still have all my players accounts from back when I run a Disco Server years ago, for 4 + years. If I were to put that server back online, I can add all those accounts, whether or not, the players remember all their characters names and they can continue from where they left off. If they create a new account, I can add those characters to that account as well. I don't see me running any Disco server anymore so, that's not happening. :)

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:21 am 

Quote:
7. If you have a problem getting your MP ID number to show up download and run the Freelancer 1.1 Patch it fixes that issue. Find that patch here Freelancer Patch 1.1

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm 

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. That's pretty much a must, anymore.

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:08 pm 

When I run multiplayer and list the servers, FlyByU's Server isn't listed anymore - time: 03:05 GMT.
It's the only server I've used so it should show up.
I've tried several times.
How do I get back on please.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:51 am 

DuneDrifter wrote:
When I run multiplayer and list the servers, FlyByU's Server isn't listed anymore - time: 03:05 GMT.
It's the only server I've used so it should show up.
I've tried several times.
How do I get back on please.

FlyByU posted this in another thread.

FlyByU wrote:
Unfortunately I am having problems with the server machine. I have been fighting with it for a month or better now. I believe the MoBo is getting ready to die.

If it does die I think this will be the last of me running a server and I want to know if any of you want to run a version of this mod or take it and run with it make it the way you want to and run your own server? If so let me know I am not sure how long this machine is going to last.

I can not connect to the server with Teamviewer now either. The mother Board problem may have come full circle, and finally died??

Profile E-mail