Post subject: Re: The chronicles of Steven Blake
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:27 am 

Omega-7 was much less dangerous. All I had to worry about there was Bounty Hunters and explosive gas pockets. There's an IMG base there where you can buy an Eagle. It's called Freidstadt and there's a Bounty Hunter office there. That nomad shield really saved my bacon in Omega-7.
Attachment:
screen54.jpg
screen54.jpg [ 152.96 KiB | Viewed 4971 times ]

Those Bounty Hunters run in large packs there. The IMG didn't seem to mind my killing them too much. Maybe because they allow the Red Hessians to land there. Evidently they don't take sides. The bounty Hunters sort of act like unofficial law enforcement there keeping shippers somewhat safe from pirates.

Last edited by Daggit on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:35 pm 

I made my way New to New Berlin. Then hunted there for a while and went on into Dresden. There's a jump-hole that makes getting there easy. While I in Dresden I came across a damaged freighter. The Pirates hadn't taken all diamonds out of it so I took what was left of it's cargo. Then I decided to go back to Kusari since diamonds bring a high Price on New Tokyo. I has some cobalt from a bounty hunter so I stopped off at Honshu to sell that. While I was there i took the jump-hole to Chugoku. I fouund Tomoko in the bar again.
Attachment:
screen65.jpg
screen65.jpg [ 82.77 KiB | Viewed 4968 times ]

I tried to talk her into a date, but She told me that would be inapropiat at this time. She said if I stayed around longer and showed myself honorable that things might change in the future. At least she was polite about rejecting me. Not like those snotty Manhattanite women who laugh in your face. I guess a girl like her is worth the effort even if it takes a while.
I met another young woman there Naoko Shimizu. She seemd friendly yet guarded.
Attachment:
screen66.jpg
screen66.jpg [ 84.37 KiB | Viewed 4968 times ]

I'll take more time with her and I think the competition might bring out the agressiveness in these women. Most women do seem to be more eager o get to know you when they have competition.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:45 pm 

After a pleasant stay at Kyoto I went to New Tokyo and sold my diamonds. I bought some engine components there then headed for the Cortez system. The liberty Rogues pay a good price for them there. I figured I'd make my back to Britonina through the jump-holes and sell some tractor beams and scanners at the shipyard there. After I'll probably go back to Omega-7. I want to look around that system some more. Maybe thin out the Bounty Hunters a bit, and look for more wrecks.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:03 am 

I made my way back to Omega-7 and I did find another wreck to pick. When I went by Feistadt I was attacked by Bounty Hunters like I expected. The pack seemed a little smaller this time. I got engine components from the wreck and took them to a Corsair base in Omega-5. I didn't stay long there because those guys make me a little nervous. The way they look at you like they're going to gun down on the spot is a bit unsettling.
Back in Omega-7 I ran into a large group of Bounty Hunters near the Dauman mining facility. There were several fight there but I didn't get much in the way of loot. I took the jump-gate to Stutgart and made my across the system to the Dresden jump-hole.
I got some good loot in Dreden but I strayed into a solar corona during a fight. The damage repairs cost me eight million. That set me back to 250k.

Attachment:
screen78.jpg
screen78.jpg [ 127.69 KiB | Viewed 4960 times ]

I'll keep my distance from suns from now on. These Jump-hole are more unervig to my stomach than Jump-gates for some reason. The wormhole seems to have a physical affect on me.
Attachment:
screen82.jpg
screen82.jpg [ 91.84 KiB | Viewed 4960 times ]

I had a really bad headache after this jump.

Last edited by Daggit on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:52 pm 

I made a few hunts in Dresden today and got some good loot a few times. In fact I'm back up over three million now.

Attachment:
screen105.jpg
screen105.jpg [ 133.47 KiB | Viewed 4956 times ]

That's the star cost me eight million.

Attachment:
screen2.jpg
screen2.jpg [ 106.07 KiB | Viewed 4956 times ]

I'll be sure to keep my distance from now on.
Bautzen is a god place to find Bounty Hunters.
Attachment:
screen3.jpg
screen3.jpg [ 187.57 KiB | Viewed 4956 times ]

Last edited by Daggit on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:42 am 

I finally earned back all the money I lost from that solar corona. I had to kill a lot of bounty Hunters. The fights were pretty intense at times. The mines would almost blind me at times.

Attachment:
screen109.jpg
screen109.jpg [ 138.75 KiB | Viewed 4948 times ]

After a few days I went back to Chugoku. I stopped in at Kyoto to sell my prisoners. Tomoko wasn't there. Nor was Naoko.
I looked around the Kyoto system and found a jump-hole to Ta-37. The place was crawling with bounty hunters in hammerheads. I didn't stay too long as my falcons armor is not up to that challenge. I was lucky the outcast were there in numbers as well. I found a wrecked freighter and got some good guns off it. Then I came to a jump-hole that got me to Tau-23. There's an Outcast base there near the sun. I sold my guns there and bought some cardamine. I knew I could turn a good profit from it on Montezuma. The Pirates there love the stuff.
While I was at Montezum I decided to buy a better ship. They had an advanced version of the wolfHound there.

It has a much better armor rating than the falcon, and only cost a few million more. Since I didn't need the shield that came with it I sold that back to the dealer for ten million. Along with the scanner. I ended up paying less than 4 million to get the ship. I consider that a real bargain!

Attachments:
screen110.jpg
screen110.jpg [ 204.17 KiB | Viewed 4948 times ]

Last edited by Daggit on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:00 am 

I made a few trips to Cali bringing cardamine to Mactan since I get a slightly better price there. The commodity trader doesn't have anything I can make a profit on at Cali so I head to New London to buy light arms. That gives me the chance to sell my equipment at the shipyard there. I even bought an Improved tractor beam so I could get more stuff.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:05 pm 

Daggit, what is the image above with the Long Yellow Lines?

I don't recall seeing an image like this before. What is this a picture of??

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:26 pm 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by Daggit on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:44 pm 

I spent the last few days traveling about and hunting for Bounty Hunters. Tau-37 was kind of rough and not very profitable. I did some good stuff but it wasn't worth the trouble. Maybe when I have a better power plant I'll be able to use all of my Nomad guns I might be able to get those Hammerheads ripped open a lot faster. As it is It takes too long to to take one down and I get hammered if I try to dogfight them. Plus my energy drains down too often. I did buy a class 5 shield generator, but that does not recharge a nomad shield by much. Still I would not have survived Tau-37 without that shield. Even if I did I would have taken a lot of damage to my ship and equipment. I didn't take any pictures in Tau-37. Combat is just too intense there to bother with the camera.
I made a few stops at Kyoto. One time I saw Tomoko there. she told me they were looking for a ship called the Fugaku. It was flown by a notable warrior, and they wanted to give him a proper funeral. I told her I'd seen the ship,and told her where it was. that put a smile on her face.
Attachment:
screen111.jpg
screen111.jpg [ 79.84 KiB | Viewed 4932 times ]

She even offered to buy me a drink which I gratefully accepted. We talked about the Blood dragons and their fight against the corrupt government factions. Mainly those aligned with Samura. Tomoko said her duties keep her very busy. When she's not doing patrol duties she's manning the docking control board. (I thought I recogninzed her delicate voice when I was docking one time.)
Any way I decided to go back to Dresden for the hunt. I seem to make more money there. Though it's not without it's risks. One time Bautzen Base turned on me after I fired a CD at a fleeing Bounty Hunter. I didn't return fire and after a while they settled down and forgot about the incident.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:13 pm 

Daggit wrote:
Could be the image a tractor beam pulling in loot. If you're talking about screen 78.

Ah yes, memory of seeing those is faint, but there. Don't see it often due to using TB in fights most of the time, and not facing the loot very often...Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:11 am 

I spent a couple of days hunting in Dresden. It was profitable and I was able to spend 35 Mill on a new power plant. That really helped me take take down the Hammerheads there. Now I can use my four Nomad guns. I have enough power take down a Hammerhead on single charge if I don't miss. It's kind of hard not to miss when you fire constantly at your target. Most of the time I don't do that. I usually use one or two second bursts. That helps me to adjust my aim to keep up with a jumpy target. Some of them seem to try real hard to avoid being hit. Especially the more experienced pilots.

Attachment:
screen104.jpg
screen104.jpg [ 120.25 KiB | Viewed 4924 times ]

I tried hunting in Sig-17 but those guys didn't drop much stuff for some reason. I'm at a loss to figure it out. I can still make money in Dresden so I'm going to stay in Rhineland for a while.
I haven't heard from Uncle Seth since I left Liberty. I passed through there the other day but I didn't stop at Manhatten. He's probably still upset with me. I haven't heard from my cousin Greg either. I wonder if Seth will buy him a ship when he turns twenty? He probably will. All the men in my family have been pilots. Ever since they came to Sirius eight hundred years ago. That's a long tradition. I guess it's made us good at it since everyone who doesn't have the right stuff doesn't live to pass on his genes. I hope I live to pass mine on. I just need to find the right woman. Think I'll find one with good piloting skills.

Last edited by Daggit on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:03 am 

I'v been doing well in Dresden, but I wanted to try my new power plant in Tau-37. I did much better there this time. I still didn't get many drops but I found those Hammerheads easier to take down. Still I'm not ready to get into it with a bunch of those guys. I took out a few wings them using an advanced fighting technique I developed. Now that I'm using all four of my Nomad guns I can inflict more damage on each pass. Unfortunately when the Outcasts show up I have to revert to conventional fighting techniques or they get all the loot. My ship still does not have enough defense for the ships in that area. One time I felt like one of them. In one second my shield went down and I was halfway towards sitting in vacuum. If that happened too many times I'b out of nanos and out of luck. So I'm going to keep out of Tau-37 for a while. I'l go back when I can get Advanced armor plating for my ship.
I made so much money in Dresden that I decided to get a new ship. I went to the Battleship Westfallen. They sell the Valkyri II there. It cost forty million, but with the equipment I was able to trad back to the dealer I got one for about twenty nine million. It's smaller than the Wolfhound II and carries fewer nanos and batteries. it even has less cargo space. It does have one feature I like. Two torpedo/CD mounts. I think that will come in handy sometime. I like the fact that I can have both the CD and the torpedo.
Attachment:
screen149.jpg
screen149.jpg [ 207.47 KiB | Viewed 4914 times ]

There's no turret mount on the Valkyri II but there are eight gun mounts. that should be enough firepower for anything when I get the right power plant.
Attachment:
screen148.jpg
screen148.jpg [ 168.15 KiB | Viewed 4914 times ]

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:33 pm 

I've made a good bit money in Dresden. I'm now worth over 150 million. Uncle Seth has been flying freight for the company for more than twenty five years now and he's no worth that much. Of course he did spend a small fortune providing for his family and myself. I owe him everything.
I took my Bounty Hunters to Kyoto. They use them for slave labor there. Sometimes they sell them as hostages to get their good pilots back when they are captured.
Attachment:
screen156.jpg
screen156.jpg [ 77.53 KiB | Viewed 4909 times ]

Tomoko was in the bar. She seemed happy to see me but she didn't have much to talk about. Perhaps she had something on her mind.
Attachment:
screen159.jpg
screen159.jpg [ 63.68 KiB | Viewed 4909 times ]

Maybe next time things will go better for me. Naoko wasn't there this this time. She may have bee on patrol. The Blood Dragons don't talk much about their business.

Last edited by Daggit on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:38 pm 

The fights get kind of intense sometimes. You can hear the dying pilots screaming over the com channel.
Attachment:
screen118.jpg
screen118.jpg [ 142.77 KiB | Viewed 4909 times ]

I guess I'll get used to it in time. When I hear the women screaming out"I don't want to die!" I feel kind of sorry for them,but they chose this way of life and the risks that go with it.
I made another trip to Tau-37. My new ship served me well there. Using my advanced fighting method I was able to thin the herd out using the torpedoes. By the time the Outcasts showed up there was only a few of them left. We made short work of them together. I didn't get much loot there. Only a buckshot and a few Bounty Hunters. The fighting went so fast I didn't have time to take any pictures. I used a few batteries which were replaced using my tractor beam, but I was lucky not to have any damage on this trip.

Profile E-mail