Post subject: Re: ROBERTS SPACE INDUSTRIES - NEW GAME?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:09 pm 

If you have 8gb of ram and a pretty good GFX card say HD 6870 or an GTX 550 I am sure you will be fine. In fact 8gb ram really is over kill unless you have Solid State Drives and even then I don't think it will max out the ram.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:26 pm 

Here is an E-mail I got from RSI
Quote:
Hello! No, you will not have to log in to an online account for the single player; none of that "always on" DRM.

Chris left Microsoft because they weren't able to support his building the game he wanted... now that he's in charge, he won't answer to anyone but himself.

The player servers are to be an open sandbox, just like Freelancer... that's why we're building them.

Modders can make their own skins, they can make their own ships. They can do anything they want to their private servers and we plan to allow a process by which they can submit mods to the public ones for review and inclusion.

If you pledge $30 or more you get a copy of the game. It will have a full universe similar to Freelancer. Players will be able to run servers themselves. There will be no "always online" DRM.

Ben Lesnick
Community Manager
Cloud Imperium Games

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:43 pm 

I just hope they can deliver. I'm still waiting for my payment at least for next 10 days to see where it's going (even if the first 2 mills are met in next 10 days I'm still gonna make my payment). I have really high hopes for this dream to come true.

My goal package is Lancer

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:42 am 

I'm going to make a pledge for one of the ships. I'd really like the fighter but, I think I will just get the Freelancer ship to begin with. Not sure how this will work with characters and ships and all? I'd hate to have to sell one to buy another and I'm still not sure if, we can have more than one character. I cannot find that anywhere for all the non-essential posting going on there and everyone in the world only thinking about what they want in the game. I say let Chris create it and add w/e else as time goes by, not delay it for what everyone else wants. If it's going to be updated like the rest of the MMO games are then, all that can wait, for now.

| Universal Trading 46563 |