Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: ROBERTS SPACE INDUSTRIES - NEW GAME?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:24 pm 

OP you need to post these concerns on the General forum at RSI site I will add my concerns and questions also. I have ask them in other threads but never started one and you have some very good points and would have a nice start for a thread over there. Maybe we can get some answers????

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:31 pm 

i can not use these forums anymore...
my access to the all but the general boards is restricted and i can not create new posts (just tried)

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:53 pm 

OP at the bottom they have a contact us link email them about this maybe you will get it fixed. I know that the forum they have is lagging out bad over there.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:55 pm 

already tried

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:02 pm 

I can start a thread if you want I can post it and you can add your thought to it Call it Concerns and Questions about the new RSI Game. Maybe that will get a few others jumping in on the debate as well.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:56 pm 

feel free to do so

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:13 pm 

I finally got to log in and saw your post, FBU. I posted one concerning paying to play or, for King of the Hill ships and how those less fortunate will suffer from it all and in the end. The game needs to cater to older videos cards as well. No everybody can just run out and buy a new PC at today's prices in order to play a game.

Not to add, in two more years, the expected date of it's final release, the PC's of today are going to be pretty much obsolete. I just got a new one, this years model and I know that in the next two years, technology will be far more advanced than it is today. Spend $59 + tax, for a game and then, have to run out and buy a $500 video card just to play it? Yeah, right.

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:22 pm 

I have not been able to get back on the site seems unresponsive I sit for over 20sec I just don't go to any site requiring 20sec to connect. Will try tomorrow.

EDIT:

OK I got a thread started you all need to chime in as well because they my overlook 1 guy asking questions.

Last edited by FlyByU on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
updated

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:07 am 

subscribed to that thread... as soon i can create posts again i will jump in

been talking with ben lesnick about this problem but they dont have a solution at hands yet
something simple like hosting a forum has become such a terrible problem for them... do i need to say more?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:38 pm 

To be honest the first wing commander I played was the last one, which was awesome, as indeed was the film. At that time the PC was going through a bad period, and it may or may not be true, I've never quite found out for certain, but wing commander sparked the waning interest in PC among consumers. As indeed macintosh had been saved by the program quark express, though you dont hear much about this. I look forward with anticipation to any software this incredibly talented man has to write.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:56 pm 

” If you want to win a space battle in Star Citizen you damn well have to handle a joystick… and as I think pretty much every air and space combat game ever has proven, you can’t be an AI and do that well.” – Ben Lesnick

This pretty much does me in for this game I am not a Joystick fan. So this translated IMO is no Freelancer like controls for Mouse and keyboard.

Edit:

OK guys I got this link from a post over on the forum it explains some of the concerns we modders and server operators wanted to know.

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/gamespot-live/?event=roberts_space_industries_gdc_panel20121010

Still looks like X-series in control so Joystick will be #1 followed by Gamepad and Mouse&Keyboard maybe like X-series pretty much unplayable IMO.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:27 am 

while i have no problem with joystick controls personally I would agree with you that many players will have a major disadvantage

but the vid does not really have much impact on the concerns
I was doing a large post there but the forum still does not work like it should so i lost everything that i wrote.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:39 am 

SWAT_OP-R8R wrote:
while i have no problem with joystick controls personally I would agree with you that many players will have a major disadvantage

but the vid does not really have much impact on the concerns
I was doing a large post there but the forum still does not work like it should so i lost everything that i wrote.

A lot of Forums I have been on have a limited time for Text Entry, then they drop you for being inactive, or something like that. In those cases, I attempt to write out what I want in a word processor, then use Copy-Paste to get it done more quickly.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:38 am 

no thats different... timeouts usually give error messages or lead back to the thread
here i just stuck at submiting the post at an empty page

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:28 pm 

I checked out that video and 8+ minutes into it, Chris states that it's going to cater to High End PC's more than anything. That leads me back to an earlier post I made about low end users that don't have a machine that will be able to run it. I really don't think that the majority of players, will just run out and buy a brand new PC, just to play a game on. Many these days have to budget their money. Hell, mine is brand new but, will it still be able to run the game 2 years from now? No telling what all mechanics will be included for tomorrows PC games and/or, PC's?

I also found a topic about it only having limited players on the servers, as little as 100 per server. I can't really call that an unending universe when it's going to be a sort of MMO type game, run online, for thousands to be a part of. I can see the servers full and players waiting for an empty slot just so they can log on. I also think it mentioned about being regional, like WoT is, having servers in different countries.

Idk, I'm still a noob after 10/yrs of paying these games. Maybe, I got it all wrong, idk that either.

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next