The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » NEW PLAYER - Help & Support

Post subject: How does multiplayer work?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:29 am 

Hi

First post here. I havent played Freelancer, but I was recently reading another game forum and it came to my attention I might like to try.

One thing that particularly interests me is the multiplayer aspect. How does that work exactly? Are there a bunch of servers that act as persistent worlds, kind of like MMOs? If so, what is the active population like on these servers? Any other info?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:10 am 

Hello Ato !! welcome to the world of freelancer. Youll find everything from the original "vanilla" (stock - straight out the box) to massively modded versions of the original game being hosted on servers. tho' the servers aren't hosting parts of the same game ( as in worlds all interconnected) you'll be able to find something that suits your particular tastes. There are a multitude of different flavors of play out there, whether you like the interaction of role play (some servers have a high player count ) or the unlimited freedom of solo play ( no role play - just do as you please flying,fighting,trading and exploring ) freelancer has enough to keep you interested for quite a while. You may like it enough to impart your own flavor to the game eventually - all the needed information can be found among the community to learn to mod the game yourself!
A good place to start would be the Freelancer Community links you'll find near the top of the home page ( the bar under the banner ). You'll find links to community sites, links to various different mods, and the home pages of various clans who represent groups of players, playing in one or more mods. The game has been modified to include all the old favs - you can fly the ships from star wars, battlestar galactica, star trek, and many other series and movies.
So what ya waitin for? Get yourself a freelancer disc (they're cheap ,cheap, cheap these days ) and play the original game or jump into multiplayer on a modded server. Heck you can even grab some mates, form a clan, and become a powerhouse in the world of Freelancer !! you name it, were having fun - welcome aboard ! :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:17 pm 

Hello and welcome and you'll find that Freelancer is much more than the boxed version. :wink:

| Universal Trading 46563 |

The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » NEW PLAYER - Help & Support