The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » NEW PLAYER - Help & Support

Post subject: Windows 7 problem
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:17 am 

I quit FL several months back. Since then, I have upgraded to vista and now to Windows 7. I just reinstalled FL and started trying things out. But for some reason, windows 7 will not allow any resolution below the maximum setting (1366x768) to be full screen, even on the desktop. Being that I only have a laptop and that FL's max resolution is 1024x 768, it's somewhat difficult to play. Are there any fixes or am I missing something here?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:24 am 

Yep simple fix for this, in mydocuments/mygames/freelancer, open up the peroptions.ini with something like notepad

scroll to the bottom and you will see this section

[Display]
size= 1024, 768
color_bpp= 32
depth_bpp= 24

just edit the size to what you want and bobs your uncle ;)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have an Uncle Bob .. :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:57 am 

Nexus wrote:
Yep simple fix for this, in mydocuments/mygames/freelancer, open up the peroptions.ini with something like notepad

scroll to the bottom and you will see this section

[Display]
size= 1024, 768
color_bpp= 32
depth_bpp= 24

just edit the size to what you want and bobs your uncle ;)

Doesn't work. Tried manual hack but UI goes offscreen no matter what I do. Cant get it to work for my 1366x768. Only time its gone fullscreen without going offscreen is when I used the discovery mod's widescreen feature...but after masochistically playing discovery for about 4 hours I've decided I completely ****ing hate it. So, I still need help...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:07 am 

I find altering the perfoptions.ini does diddly for me as well for widescreen resolutions. I run mine in 1680x1050 but i've had to use a special dll file (jflpac.dll) made by a guy called adoxa that does the trick. Freelancers max resolution is monitor dependant to a large degree, on my old crt monitor i could get 1600x1200 without issues, doesn't matter what's in the perfoptions.ini

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:25 am 

Yeah, well, new computer, second new OS. Only thing that worked was the discovery mod thingamabob and I'm just not gonna play something in which I cant kill things in a reasonable timeframe. I know jack squat about coding and whatnot. Just need to know if someone knows what I need done to get 1366x768 resolution so that I can SEE the game without the UI running offscreen and without me having to play THAT mod which is making me think of a long string of expletives. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:53 am 

Try checking with the-Starport, Nubcake they may be able to offer help. That's where andoxa is most of the time. He's good at this stuff. He has all sorts of Hacks for people, to make Freelancer more modable.
There's a link in the portal here.

| Universal Trading 46563 |

The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » NEW PLAYER - Help & Support