Post subject: In response to Lancer - solarus on Lancerquest issue
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:01 pm 

Yes sir i did indeed forget to plut the readme.txt in the mod before i zipped the file and uploaded it to the temporary site.
The same day i uploaded it I made a post on the forum where noone really could miss it , right below the post for the ip address for the server. As per your suggestion i have also put a download link for the readme.txt in the same post as the download link and a statement saying i forgot to add it. Now as far as being called a rip off of sci fi universe i will direct your attention to the readme file that i am posting here as well that shows where sci fi universe says anyone can use any of their mod in their own as long as credit was given. I copied their quote exactly in the readme. I have never played WTS so i dont know what you are talking about in that respect as i said in the private pm to you im more of the starwars, player than any other mods. Most everything i used was either my own making or was taken from lancers-reactor downloads where the mod makers readmes said i could use their stuff in my mod. i also used a few player submitted files that i am not really sure about authors so i put at the bottom of my readme that "IF i have forgotten anyone please tell me and i will put it in the readme" i think i covered scifi universe suffeciently. If you have any more suggestions or know of anyone you want me to add to the next read me like i said please let me know. other than that it is like many of the other mods that use modders stuff from downloaded sites and implemented into their own mod.
Credits page:
Author of Shadowverse 1.1 : Shadowstorme AKA FRODO
Mod testers : Diablo-01, Darkstar, Trents_fish
This was my first attempt at modding Freelancer.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I personally started out with a small mod of my own and through pain staking rewriting and borrowing ideas have morphed it into a pretty nice mod.
as per the scifiuniverse readme i am giving credit to them for 15 of the systems. as far as for the scripts for ships and equiptment they must go to the original authors
as scifiuniverse borrowed those just as I did. I downloaded the shippacks for startrek, babylon, starwars, etc.. they were the same scripts or only slightly modified versions of the same scripts.
scifi universe: as quoted from their mod "3. if you want to use any part of our mod or add anything to it YOU MUST give credit to the folowing people:"
Inspiration for Scfiuniverse: lancer
Creater of Scifiuniverse Joel Davison, James Nong, Jim Sugrue
Testers of sci fi universe:Jim Sugrue, Joel Davison, Timothy Michel Douget

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Now for the others :
Kaegogi: for his black market commodities and bases
Dabonde: vip and prisoner commodities
TFK Matrix: for his babylon ship pack
Starlancer Ship Pack Volume 1.0 By - Samurai Studios
Mancer: for mancers starwars ship packs
Archedyne: for his startrek ship pack and scripts
Necrolord: for his area 51 flying saucer
DriftingGhost13b: for his privateer ships
Porsche: for the E3jedi (an all time favorite )
Redeye: archangel heavy fighter
flybyu: script for powerplants (although i modified scripts and stats and added directly to ini files)
it was his scripts that showed me how to do it.
Silver_fire: for his ideas and scripts on the mass drivers, other weaps of mass destruction and his scripting of info.
Godzero: for the Firefly freighter. thank you godzero that too is one of my favorite shows.AND MY PERSONAL FAVORITE SHIP

The song Dangerzone from the movie C.D.Topgun.

The original Battlestar galactica t.v. series music downloaded in wav form from net.

The Firefly Serinity theme song From the Official firefly page off the net
The original StarWars theme music. From the first StarWars movie
Original spash screen (if you are using 800x600 16 bit color) for shadowverse is a picture of a bubble nebula taken from the hubble and downloaded from the official N.A.S.A website.

If i have forgotten someone I am sorry, let me know and I will more than happily add you to the list.

1.I created quite a few systems myself: systems casper ,paladine,Shenobi,Caprica,Medusa,Scythe,Miners Paradise,Deneb, and KOS i think are most of them.
2.added atleast 20 pairs of jumpholes linking the omicrons together as well as other systems together for easier flow of game play.
3.I personally added armor to game, did not use anyone elses armor, i wrote them to the.ini files instead of any scripting.
4.added buyable scanners.got the idea for types from the maker of "Massive little mod" dont know the authors name but he gets kudos for it.
5.added power plants
6. upgraded all shields in the game
7. changed or added atleast 40 weapons
8. made the pirate factions deadlier as they use the same equiptment you do.(actually this was an unexpected but pleasent side affect from changing shields and weaps.)
9. there are 3 new planets liverpool, Dallas and watchtower as well as dozens of new bases.Most of the bases I used the AldebaranModularStationsii resource pack to help create.
10. added encounter zones throughout game.
11. made some places more dangerous and other places that were deadly, less dangerous.
12. there are over 185 ships in the mod. ive lost count.Administrator

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:48 pm 

Thanks, thats all I was asking for. Joel got in quite a bit of trouble over this MOD as well when he first released it. True it is available for anyone to modify, it was just missing a direct link to the credits. Most of the original ships came from WTS, that was why I mentioned that MOD. That is also the reason it he got so much flak over it since he took them without getting permission (at first that is).

Once you get a rebuilt package complete with credits, I would be happy to host the download for you as well. I never meant any offense against you, even I have been scrutinized before when releasing my MOD. You will find I am not the only senior modder who watches what gets put up for download. It's nothing personal.

Thanks for posting this, that clears everything up.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds like a happy ending. Thanks to you both for squaring things away. :P

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Im glad to see this resolved

@Lancerquest if you would like

Please send me a write up and Ad image for your mod

an 88x31 Image for the server ring

I will put your Ad on the Front of the site for a Min of 30 Days .. i will setup a Forum for your Mod and give you moderator status over it... you can see how the others have setup thiers to promote thier Mods....

your Original Topic has Been unlocked and the link returned...

Please feel free to pm me if you have any questions or if we can do anything further to help promote your Mod to the Community...

Thanks

Soup

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:00 am 

@Lancer Solurus no worries M8 you were just watching out for everybody. I really respect that, not everyone would care like that. and thank you for the offer :)

@soupman thank you sir for everything, and like i said on the other board, we are definately working on the pics and description to send your way.

Profile E-mail