Post subject: Play tester required for a new mod
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:36 am 

Hi everyone,

A couple of years ago I created a mod for Freelancer as at the time I felt there wasn't a mod out there for me. It is known as the New Frontiers. I see since then there is a great choice of mods and many are well polished. I still feel my mod has a lot to offer, especially for those that want the original Freelancer experience but with new places to explore.

Anyway recently I have added the finishing touches to the mod and I want some people to play test it for me to find bugs and give me some feed back. The mod contains around 27 new systems, 5 updated systems including omicron minor and major, 10 or so new ships and a selection of new weapons. The bases all have infocards, news, and rumours which reveal the underlying story behind the New Frontiers. The basic mechanics of the game remain faithful to the original except for a few additions such as the AI shields regenerating and the AI using some bats and bots (but not too many). Some areas are intended for multi-player co-operative but these are usually far off from the more civilised systems or deep in the asteroid belts and nebulae clouds.

The mod is based on the concept of the Sirius Sector around twenty years on from the single player mission. The four houses took it upon themselves to clean up any remaining nomads and that meant sending ships out to the Edge Nebula. During this process new systems and worlds were discovered and there was a race to settle the New Frontiers. It was then that the Nomads retaliated. They still had a strong presence in the area, a second base hidden and protected in the Edge Nebula. The race remains as enigmatic as ever and their motives unknown.

The New Frontiers are mineral rich and the Houses are intent on a period of expansion as the inner systems become depleted of the raw materials required to sustain the lifestyle the humans have come to enjoy.

So reply to this thread if you are interested.

By the way there are some ships in the mod that are sourced back in 2006 and I can't give credit to the people who created them as I have lost my list of where they were sourced from. So if you recognise a ship in the mod and need to contact me then please do.

Last edited by aquablue on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds Great .. Post moved to the proper Forum

keep us informed

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:06 pm 

Here are a few screenshots:

Image Image

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:46 am 

I may be able to help you track down some ship permissions...
' just spent all darn year doing it myself at least i could possibly give you a direction on where what ship comes from ;)

Post a picky of each one.. I dare say we could all help there...

Oh and .. have to giggle.. your mod sounds like it's a Prequel to mine.. XLR's set 62 years after but instead of the nomads invading in force.. their grand masters the dom kavosh do..

Sounds groovy though, and your reasons for making a mod are probably the best to have.. that "thought" usually leads to something unique :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:18 am 

Xarian_Prime wrote:
I may be able to help you track down some ship permissions...
' just spent all darn year doing it myself at least i could possibly give you a direction on where what ship comes from ;)

Post a picky of each one.. I dare say we could all help there...

Oh and .. have to giggle.. your mod sounds like it's a Prequel to mine.. XLR's set 62 years after but instead of the nomads invading in force.. their grand masters the dom kavosh do..

Sounds groovy though, and your reasons for making a mod are probably the best to have.. that "thought" usually leads to something unique :wink:

Thanks for offering to help. When I get a chance I will post up the pics of the ships I can't track down. There are about six of them that I have no idea where they came from.

I've decided to keep the Dom Kavosh very mysterious in my mod. Are they a benign race or a powerful race of empire builders. Whatever they are they left us with the Nomads...thanks very much.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:40 am 

Imagine a giant mod where you could play different ages of the Freelancer universe.....i even have a great name for it "Legacy of the Trents", imagine playing the son of trent passing your ship down to your son (Trent Junior) to play the next age....kickass ey?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:15 am 

In my mod you get to play his father lol

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:58 am 

I couldn't imagine but with you rasauul, I can. :lol: :wink: Go for it. :P

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post subject: Re: Play tester required for a new mod
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:00 am 

The New Frontiers mod is at last finished and requires beta testing. I have set up a server - I'm not sure how much traffic it can take - but it is available on the Global Server Workaround, which is packaged as part of the mod. Just look for the New Frontiers server on the list.

Anyone that wants to test the mod then please download it from:

http://www.skidmoremedical.com/NewFront ... .zip.flmod

You can either join the server or run your own. Single player has not been thoroughly tested but it is playable, although a few systems are almost impossible in single player. I have never played the mod with the single player campaign so I have no idea if it works properly.

Prior to running the mod you will need:

Freelancer Mod Manager 1.31
Official FL 1.1 Patch
Freelancer Quickfix Patch 1.0c

Any bugs or problems found should be reported to [email protected].

I hope you enjoy the mod. I have spent weeks developing it and it has become a labour of love.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:48 am 

Any updates for it Aquablue?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:39 am 

I've been incredibly busy at work so I've had little time for working on the mod. I've got a list of around 100 bugs and fixed over half of them. This is the problem when you create a mod by yourself. There is no one to help you out when life gets too busy. There should be an update for the TopFreelancers server very soon, once I get the other 40 bugs done. I will also make the mod available for general download. Just give me a couple of weeks.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:37 pm 

be sure to let me now when it's ready.