Post subject: The End Of Procyon
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And yet another server .... :(

Quote:
We are done on 05-22-2011 by Sion

Six years ago, four friends of like minds returned to the Freelancer community from a long hiatus. They had in their collective mind a simple goal: shoot people, raise hell, and burn everything in sight as they had so enjoyed doing during the infant months of Freelancer. It sounded like an easy task, one that could be accomplished with no effort or work - there was, however, one snag.

A complete lack of worthwhile Freelancer servers.

Idiotic mods, incompetent server administrators, corrupt staff, and inane rules. It seemed no matter where, or how hard we looked, we could not find a single server that was not, in one way or another, corrupted by the poison that had seemingly spread throughout the entirety of the Freelancer community. So, being the proactive lot we were, we quickly settled on a solution to the whole mess: Procyon.

Procyon was the crystallization of everything that we had ever valued in a Freelancer server: it sported an excellent fiberoptic internet connection, powerful and rock-solid hardware, unrestrictive rules, and an impartial administrative team that did not interfere or get tangled up in whatever drama the community decided to create. We modeled it, for the most part, after the Elite server of old, and it was good.

All good things come to an end, however.

I'm not going to mince words, Procyon has become a ghost town - at this point the only purpose it serves is to increase Zephyr's electrical bill, and to make me roll my eyes whenever I read the latest nonsense on the discussion forum.

We had a good run, but that run is now over. For those of us involved in its creation and upkeep, Procyon has been a massive part of our lives these last six years, but it's time to move on.

24/7 Procyon Dedicated is, effective immediately, dead and buried; we hope you've enjoyed your time on the official NEO clan server - it was a wild ride.

With love,
Sion, Zephyr, Zephon, Reaper

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The End Of Procyon
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:32 pm 

More sad news. I wish I was able to set up servers for all and just let them run forever.

| Universal Trading 46563 |