Post subject: Uberlancer
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:43 pm 

The following was advertised on The Starport, and I was wondering if you guys would also mind advertising this here also?

[align=center]Project UberLancer

Project UberLancer: It's time to get Sirius.
I would like to introduce the initiation of a new modification for Freelancer called (project name) Project UberLancer. Project UberLancer will be a community wide collaboration to create a new modification that will take the story of Edison Trent and Co. to the next chapter in the Freelancer saga. While the project is barely even a concept right now, the intent will eventually be for the single player story to continue the adventures of Trent. This mod will be unique because it will eventually serve as a sequel to vanilla Freelancer, possibly even billed as Freelancer 2.

I would like to invite the Freelancer community to join us at www.UberLancer.com to enter the discussion of what we'd like this mod to be and what should be in it. This is not a "server" project, but a Freelancer community project. Everyone's suggestions, opinions, and especially modding skills are very much welcome.

www.uberlancer.com[/align]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

no problem

I Will add it to the News section in the Next update

Sometime this weekend i hope..

thx roo

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posted on the New portal

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So, is this mainly for single play or multiplay? I always thought it would be so cool for someone to continue the single player campaign!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:07 am 

Its going to be a Mod to continue the Single Player. We are starting to draft the Story line, so please come and join us to share your ideas or comments on other ideas already posted.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sweet! Are you going to stick religiously to the Trent/Nomads stuff or go with your imagination into any direction? I know many are purists, but I love to be different.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:10 am 

DwnUndr wrote:
Sweet! Are you going to stick religiously to the Trent/Nomads stuff or go with your imagination into any direction? I know many are purists, but I love to be different.

Theres a number of ideas being thrown about and drafted right now. Many continue the story of Trent, many ideas branch away from this and follow the coalition.

Please come and let us know your ideas. We want this to be a full community project, with input from as many people as possible.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:33 am 

There's been a lot goin on a Uberlancer, but not a lot of ppl want the old characters and the nomads in it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:54 pm 

[align=center]Image

Uberlancer - Vote for your favourite Storyline Idea!

As this is a community project with the intention of getting EVERYONE we can possibly get involved, we are inviting those of you who have not visited to come and visit us and vote for the idea you think would give us a good starting point as far as the general story line goes.

Remember this is not set in stone, and will give the 'Story Team' something to work around and develop. And being such a large scale project, the story line is likely to change quite a bit before completion.

Now with over 180 members from the Freelancer Community registered on the site and checking the forums daily we are still growing and the project continues to pick up pace.

And with over 12 different servers lending thier strength to the project as Admin/Team Leaders, advisors, modders and general community we are finally at a stage to step up the pace another notch still.

Come and join us and ensure your voice is heard!

Many thanks,

The Uberlancer Community.
http://www.uberlancer.com[/align]