The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » Freelancer Tutorials

Post subject: Freelancer Developer
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:06 pm 

Well, since I've had near to no response over at Lancers, I thought I could see if people were more interested in this app here!

It is with great pride and honor that I make the first official release of Freelancer Developer.

To quote the description topic:
Quote:
Instead of trying to make up a whole new description, I'll grab the one from the readme :D

=> CSV Parser: a tool which lets users create spreadsheets on their favorite program (Excel,
Google Spreadsheets, etc.) and then create INI files out of them. This allows users to,
for example, create hundreds of guns in a matter of seconds by using a prebuilt spreadsheet.

=> DLL Editor: a tool which is some kind of spiritual successor to FLEd-ids. It has many new
improvements such as a preview of a DLL's content, a better search algorithm and results
view, an improved way of storing and apply changes (you can actually dismiss changes you
have made at any time) and much more.

=> Math Tools: a set of tools for calculating all kinds of things. As it is now, it has a
positions generator, which gives you the position of an object relative to another object
of a given distance and angle from, and an angle and distance calculator, which can give
you the orientation needed (on the vertical axis only) to make an object point to another
object or point in space, and the distance from it.

So there you have it folks! Of course, this program is a constant work in progress and will receive upgrades, bug fixes and new features based on need, demand and suggestions.

Of course, this is a short description, too short to explain all the details of what FLDev can and cannot do (for now!). If you're interested into finding more about it, head over to:
http://www.fl-wt.com/index.php?topic=245.0

And download it! You can read in the Frequently Asked Questions if you need some details, as well as in the Help.html file (open it by clicking on the Help link in the CSV Parser tab).

Bug fixes, updates and additions will abound, so be sure to check up often! If you decide to register, you will be able to post up bug reports and suggestions on the boards. All suggestions are evaluated and feasible ones may be included, with credits given to the proper person.

Hope you like it, and feel free to post questions/problems here and on the boards.

FF

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice Job FF

Thanks for the Links

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Holy smokes! I wish you had made this a few months ago! Hehe. I am sure many new modders will find it very useful! And me too as I insert more features in future updates! Nice

:P

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:07 pm 

New version completed and uploaded! You can just install it over the previous version, although you may want to uninstall the older first if you want to keep things tidy and clean ;)

Get it here:
http://www.eredivine.net/FLDev_1.001b01.zip

Change log:
Quote:
- Fixed issue within the DLL Editor that would make it impossible to perform searches or edit content without the DLL List active.
- Fixed issue with the Update button not enabling itself when modifying Name-typed IDs.
- Fixed issue with the Current DLL Content section selector buttons (the arrows below the list) which could end up trying to read through negative IDs or IDs over 65536.
- Fixed issue with the Get Next Empty button which would cause a crash was there to be no ID selected in the Current DLL Content list.
- Fixed issue when generating a CSV without outputting to a DLL which would cause any INFO or NAME marker to be left unparsed. Will now output a 0 with a notice instead.
- Added functionality which allows each line of the parsed CSV to be outputted to a different file; useful for XML-based coding.
- Added a Decimal-to-RGB and a RGB-to-Decimal color code converter in the Math Tools.
- Added a help link on the front tab.
- Added an option to search through DLLs for Whole Strings (I.E. if you search for "Mollys", it will return "Mollys", but not "Mollys are good").
- Pressing the DELETE key on your keyboard with an item selected in the Current DLL Content list will empty the item (blank it).
- Pressing the ENTER key on your keyboard with an item selected in the Current DLL Content list will swap the focus to the appropriate text box.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

May we Host this Here in our Download section we are starting to set up FF ?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:59 pm 

Sure, but it'll be up to you to keep up with the version updates as I throw them out. I'll try to post every time I make a new version, so you'll only have to update the file when you see a post.

Other than that, go ahead, I'm fine with that :)

Post subject: Re: Freelancer Developer
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:12 am 

@ FF,

Has this been update recently?

| Universal Trading 46563 |

The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » Freelancer Tutorials