The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » Freelancer Tutorials

Post subject: Changing Neural Net Log entries
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:44 am 

Someone asked me about this in an email.I decided to post it.
For those that don't want Trents original Net logs but want something of their own.
I use Resource Hacker to compile and decompile .exe and .dll files.
Go to exe folder in your mod. Open resources.dll . If you don't have one, copy it out of the original Freelancer folder.
After you have opened it, notice the Folder tree on the left hand side of the program. Open the String table.
On the String table go down to the string folder marked 98. Open it you will see a string called 1033 with a little flowery looking icon next to it. click on it.
Look to the right at the entries in the string table. entry 1553 has the text for the neural net log. Change the text to whatever you want the neural net to say then click the big compile Script button above the string table. Save the dll in your exe folder of your mod. By the way if you are bored, check out other texts you can change in that resourse. I changed one text so that pirates who tell you to drop loot says "Drop your cargo or ill open a can of whoopass!" lol Its the little things .....

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Changing Neural Net Log entries
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:13 pm 

:D Good to know. thanks

| Universal Trading 46563 |

The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » Freelancer Tutorials