The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » Freelancer Tutorials

Post subject: Questions: Rank by Kills & Bounties for NPC kills (SP)
 Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:24 am 

Couple of questions on where to get started on a few things.

Firstly, ranks by kills - anyone know of a plug-in or where to start looking to change the game so rank is linked directly to number of kills, rather than $worth/mission - this is for open SP.
I have found adoxa's rank plug-in where you can display a name along with the rank - which is great, but I would like rank to be determined by kills
The only way I can think of displaying such a thing without a plug-in is to create a faction ("rank") where you rep starts at -1, and no matter who you kill from other factions your rep with the "rank" faction increases - configured in empathy.ini

Secondly, bounties for killing NPCs - in my mod, I'd like the player to receive a bounty for killing pirate ships, based on the type of ship killed. I've seen MP mods which award a cash bonus for killing other online players, I was wondering where to start with SP and NPCs. I have seen some articles written where the NPC ship could be forced to drop a 'bounty' as loot, which could be tractored in and then 'sold' at a base. This is OK, but not as neat as awarding the cash with a nice 'Well done' message when the kill occurs. Again this is for open SP.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Profile E-mail  

The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » Freelancer Tutorials