Post subject: The Dagger II
 Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:56 am 

After many hours of flying this little ship i think i have good feel for it's capabilites. As a light fighter it's quite capable. You can mount better pwoerplant and better weapons and make it as offensive as any heavy fighter, But it's still got one weakness. The shield! As a light fighter it's defensive capabilities are limited. it's not the kind of ship you want to be facing a large number of very heavy figters in. The max shield capacity is 9000. And that won't last one second when acosted by 20 class 10 guns. If you want to take it aginst nomads you should think twice. With help you can survive. I've even managed to make a nomad kill or two with mine. It is a joy to fly though. It's light and maneuverable and straffs very well. It's agile but not very well armored for taking on large numbers of heavy fighters. You cannot put nomad shields on it either so don't plan on that. But If you just want to have fun and not take on the real heavy weights you would not go wrong in buying the Dagger II. I've logged thousands of kills with mine and survived many life thretening situations. Mainly because I had a little help! Use it in house controlled space where the pirates are not as well aremd. But if you want to take it into the edge worlds you had better bring company. I have not used it in PVP so I don't have enough infomation on that aspect of the ship. I do plan to try it out sometime, but PVP is not really my thing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The Dagger II
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:29 am 

See the problem is mass and most is taken up buy the hull plating , Thats the trade off between light and heavy fighters , I like a VHF because i can slog it out and that suets me , thats my style of fighting , The best of both i supose is the Eagle not to heavy not to light , And i use this ship in NY , NT , Leeds , NB Ect' , I would never take it to Gama , theta , Alpha , or Nomad territory i have a Sobek for that , The trouble is i am to slow not as nible as you you guys who could use the lighter fighter to the best of its abilities LOL .

Player Characters -: RECON

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:47 am 

My fingers are not as nimble as many other players I have seen, and I personally find the light fighters to be a loosing decision for me. I need the extra armor from the VHF ships. I do love the additional Speed and Maneuverability from the LF though.

You are right, the D-II is a great ship.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:38 pm 

One good thing about the smaller light to medium fighters is, the regens and power plants. Since they are small in comparison to the Heavy fighters, it takes less time and the regenerator has less size to regenerate. So, if you have top equipment mounted on them, they regen a lot faster than if they were a larger ship for shield repair. Less to repair. Thrusters retain more power as well having and lighter ship to push around. Believe it or not, when you are strafing, it uses power.

I did like the Dagger II as well. I just deleted one character and my create a new one just to get the Dagger II back.

| Universal Trading 46563 |

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:18 pm 

yep i would agree with that .

Player Characters -: RECON

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:38 pm 

I love the Dagger II myself it is a nice Light Fighter and I haven't tried it yet but I think if it has maxed out equipment it can be used in Nomad space.

Profile E-mail