The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » Welcome

Post subject: Elo!
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:08 pm 

Hi guys!

I’m Blake who some might recognise from the other FL forums out there or you've seen my 'Worlds of Freelancer Tour HD+ENB video series from years ago. I’m a huge Freelancer fan, completed the game multiple times and quite enjoy modding its graphics with HD texture packs and dark ENBs to take away some of it’s age. I guess I can’t call myself a superfan as I don’t play any FL multiplayer as I’ve always been more of an old fashioned single player with most games. Although I sometimes enjoy watching lots of videos of other peoples multiplayer server games.

​I can’t program and I’m not much of an artist but I’m not too bad with pixel art and retro stuff so I try to help fan projects where I can. I’m the creator of Star Trek Doom & Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen which got some attention on Rock, Paper Shotgun and PC Gamer a few years back which was a nice surprise considering the simplicity of my work haha. These days I'm mostly doing Civ2 modding & scenario making (20 years too late haha).

I run a retro Freelancer Legacy gaming website that covers the official game and a lot of the big fan made addons I can find out there as there’s such an amazing fan community here creating so much cool content. Will post more about it in your FL universe bar at some point as I’m always looking for fan help on spotting large scale addon projects I don’t know about.

I also run a Freelancer facebook group these days as it bugged me that Freelancer didn't have an active presence there.

I only just found out about this place from some link exchanges between my facebook group and the FL reddit & Discord communities. Shame on me for not finding it on my own haha!

Oh well.. in the meantime it’s good to be here!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Elo!
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:12 pm 

oh and noob question.. how on earth do I edit my profile here?? I can't for the life of me find the link anywhere lol

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome aboard ..here ya go

on the right side of the portal under user menu

user control panel

ucp.php

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome!

Post Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 4:43 am 

Thanks guys! :)

Does "DwnUnder" mean you're a fellow Aussie haha?

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri May 08, 2020 4:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Actually I started using that name decades ago as a caver, heh. Always wanted to visit the Land Down Under though. ;)

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:32 am 

Well there's certainly plenty of big caves here for you to check out mate haha!!!!

Profile E-mail  

The Freelancer Community Site by Team [RIP] » Board index » The FLC Public Forums » Welcome